Chapter 72: Prince
209 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They reached Milana's quarters without any problems as they continued heading towards the garden. Before they reached their destination, Milana stopped in her tracks and took out something from her pocket.

It was a simple silver necklace with a pendant made a crescent moon inside a 5 point star.

She reached out her hand and took Max's hands to give the necklace.

Max looked at his grandmother, wondering what was the necklace for?

Milana gave out a small laugh as she said, "This is only a regular necklace, but our family has had it for decades. It works as a good luck charm, or so your great-grandfather, my father believes."

She handed the necklace on Max's hand and with gentle movements gave Max a kiss on his forehead.

"Take care of yourself." She gave a warm smile to Max before letting him go and looked at Orville.

Orville nodded as if understanding Milana's intention and started to chant.

It did not take long before the two were covered with a blinding light and disappeared from Milana's sight.

This was the first time Max was experiencing the feeling of being transported. It was the same feeling as experiencing vertigo. He felt his body suddenly becoming weightless at one moment, but accelerated in one swoop. If he compared it to anything else, it was like a ride from a rollercoaster, when one was at the peak height of the ride and is preparing to drop from that height in a second.

He wanted to vomit everything that was inside his stomach.

In the first place, he did not enjoy the rides from amusement parks.

The light covering his eyes from identifying his surrounding started to disappear as a hint of greenery were starting to appear in his sights.

*thud*

*groan*

Max fell heavily on the floor. He was sprawled with his whole body embracing the ground. The smell of earth and the tickling of grass on his face made him relieved. He was thankful that they finally reached their destination. Comparing it to a rollercoaster was an understatement. He looked to his side and he could see Orville standing tall as he arrived without any difficulties. His posture and demeanor carried the same elegance he always had.

Max took a couple of breaths to relax. His body felt heavy, he had the urge to vomit, but he tried his best not to because he heard footsteps approaching them. They were not hiding the fact that they are approaching to welcome their arrival. Max figured that since this specific spot was used by Orville as his teleportation point, his fellow elven brothers must be protecting it.

He stood up albeit the lingering feeling of vertigo, he tried to focus his eyes on the people who are approaching.

From afar, 3 men with leather armors and bows on their backs appeared. They were all beautiful with silver hair and pointed ears. As much as he wanted to stare at their faces, Max was a bit disappointed that the ones who welcomed them did not include the person which he wanted to see the most.

He decided to look around the surrounding and what he saw took his breath away. The large trees that stood as tall as high rise buildings surrounding one tree, he could feel the true full of vitality as it branches covered the vast sky with its towering figure. Compared to the other trees, it was worlds apart as he could not see the top.

Orville noticed the location Max was looking at and explained, "That is the world tree, although we are far from the center of the village, you can still see its majestic figure and feel its vitality even from this location." There was a hint of pride in Orville's tone as he explained this.

The three people approached Orville and gave a bow. "Welcome back, Prince."

Max was looking with amazement at this wonderful world when he heard a shocking revelation. He looked at Orville once more, his mouth opened in an O shape, forgetting to close it. He could never guess, this mischievous looking elf to be a prince. Although he knew that he had a high standing in the elven forest, he believed it was due to his talent as a magician. His space magic was something rare therefore they gave importance to his status as a magic.

With shock, another thing came to mind. "Wait, Orville is Verdi's bother."

He once again stared at Orville from head to toe, "then Verdi is also part of royalty."

He gasped after realizing this, he could hear someone giggling beside him. Orville was looking at Max with a mischievous face as he could see the expressions Max was showing. It looked as though he found enjoyment in Max's suffering.

"Prince your sister has been waiting for your arrival." One of the men with a bow on his back said. He glanced at Max for a second but ignored him in the end.

"Huh. How come that elf gave me a hostile look?" He could feel that he was not welcomed by everyone and he wondered if it was due to him being human.

2