Chapter 73: Magical
229 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max was dazzled by the sight of the elven forest. This was his first time visiting something that could only be described in books or depicted in movies, it excited his spirit to be able to experience it on his own.

As a young man in a fantasy-like world, it was his dream…

No, he desired to visit all of the places that were depicted in fantasy settings in his prior world. The first time he had heard the story of how the elves had been treated has left him disappointed. Although he knew that the beauty of the elves could be something that can cause people to become greedy and lustful, the reality still made him unable to accept something as cruel.

However, he knew how greed can make a rational person can become irrational. But he still wanted to see for himself the beauty of their world and how much of it can be compared to the world he knew from stories.

He was not disappointed as he could see the large and towering trees covering the forest. The leaves and branches of the trees covered the skies, which made the surrounding dim, but it did not make the surrounding eerie. The moss that surrounded the aged and old trees had their own glow, which made the surrounding more magical. There were small animals and woodland creatures that have gathered in the area, they were not afraid of the elves as they walked.

Max was looking around in amazement while having fun when he heard Orville's melodious voice.

"Don't be as amazed as we are only on the outskirts of the elven forest. I bet your jaws will drop once you see the village and homes of the elves." Orville laughed as he saw Max's surprise and wide-eyed expression as though he could not believe his words.

The other elven warriors looked in amazement as they heard Orville's kind voice and joking attitude. He was their prince, he had always acted in a dignified manner. They wondered what the human possessed as he was treated in such a friendly manner. Some might even mistake as them having known each other for a long time.

"Come and walk together with me." Orville pointed this out as Max was walking behind him.

It was considered as him walking behind royalty to show his respect. However, since the person himself said that he should walk by his side, he did not question his request and walked beside Orville while still looking around his surroundings.

Once the elven warriors heard this, their ears moved and looked at their princes with a questioning gaze. They were aware of the proper etiquette, but they cannot question his highness even if they do not agree with his actions. It would be considered rude, all they could do was hold their tongue and look at the human with scorn in their eyes.

The elves have a deep-seated grudge with the humans. They believe that humans are nothing more but scums, they are greedy bastards that think only about themselves. They are willing to do anything and everything to get what they want. They are despicable and untrustworthy people, they lie and deceive. This might sound harsh, but time and again, the humans have proven themselves as nothing more than parasites since the time they have met them. Decades passed, but their treatment has been the same. Most elves decided to spend their lives in solitude in their own forest without interacting with the so-called humans. Verdi and Orville are few and far in between who are willing to interact with humans.

Orville knew of this, but he did not care. He could see the eyes of the warriors, but he rather not call out on them for their actions, instead, he walked beside Max while talking with him about their forest.

"This is amazing," Max said in wonder while still observing the forest, as they drew closer to the village, larger trees that cannot be compared to the so-called outskirts. Trees that are interconnected with one another, they have bridges that could be crossed from one tree to another. The trees served as housing for the elves. However, Max could not see clearly from the ground as the openings are too high up.

Although they were close to the village, the elves only peeked from high up but did not welcome them. They only looked from afar and hid inside their trees as though they were scared of him.

Max fell into an awkward situation. He wanted to interact with them but it seemed most of the elves prefer to hide in their lodgings without greeting them. Max felt down-hearted seeing this site. He knew well that there are bad humans, but there are also kind ones.

Orville saw Max's expression. "Do not mind it too much. I bet they will talk with you if your earnestly prove yourself to be worthy to be their friend." His kind voice made Max feel better. He looked at the trees high up and thought of Orville's words. The time that he will spend in the elven forest, he would surely show that not all humans are scums.

1