Chapter 74: A Magus
229 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orville and Max continued walking with leisure. While Orville was observing Max, the warriors were doing the same with cautious eyes. They could not believe the human who was walking ahead of them. Although he looked harmless and have the aura of a scholar, they were still doubtful as it may all be a façade to trick them that he was a nice person. If they considered the age of the human, then he was only an immature child, but when they looked at him, although he had eyes that sparkled like a child with curiosity, his demeanor seemed more of a refined adult. This baffled them as the contrast was a bit contradicting to two sides of a spectrum.

Max, on the other hand, saw the big tree that was towering like a skyscraper in the middle of the forest. It was surrounded by other old trees but it was incomparable to the mere size of the others.

They are still far away but just standing from afar, the aura of life that was oozing out of it can be felt being that far.

Considering the bridges that the elves use atop of the trees, he was now beginning to wonder how they climb up or even gain access to it.

Max was looking at them full of curiously, as though Orville could read his mind he said, "We do not usually walk using the ground."

He then pointed towards the bridges, and as though it was a command. One of the warriors suddenly sped up along the tree like a ninja climbing up. He was ascending the tree at a fast speed but he was not having a hard time as he reached the bridge. Once he reached the bridge, he showed a proud face befitting of elven features. His pose showed his pride in achieving the feat of climbing the tree with his own strength.

Max observed the warrior and was amazed at the sheer skill he used to climb. Although it looked easy, Max could see the aura emanating at the feet of the elf as he ran at the tree, he used the power of his aura to propel himself and climb using the momentum in one go.

He knew how difficult it was to do that, as he did the same training with his master during his childhood. Though it was at the waterfalls, the process was the same. The difficulty to control the movement of the aura in order to run along a parallel and ascending manner without any footholds and minimal contact was difficult.

Orville nodded as he saw Max's reaction. He knew from his sister that Max was a light magus. However, he did not know that Max was a warrior too. This information was not widespread as Max only began showing his skills when he applied as an adventurer at the adventurer's guild. Basing it from that, it had not been long.

Orville gave a hearty laugh and said, "Although the warriors can do that. Not all can, only the best and well-trained warriors can do so. There are other means to go up, but I will save that for the future."

Suddenly, Max started to doubt something. Although he knew that being able to control aura as precise as that, it was still do-able. He wondered why not all of the elves could do the same thing as they were known for their precision and control. He thought about what he had learned during his childhood were the basics, and every warrior was able to do the same once reaching a certain level.

He now began to wonder if his achievements are more advanced if he considered his age.

Comparing it to the elves who had long life-spans, then it could be considered as him being a mere beginner as a warrior, but basing it from Orville words that only a few warriors can do the same feat, then was he more advance in techniques compared to the older elves?

He thought of how he should discuss more things with his Master once he returns. Maybe his grandfather would be able to answer his questions too as his Master did not like to explain things to him. If he tried, he could count the times his Master spoke or explained the reasons he was being trained.

Max sighed while having these thoughts.

Orville thought that Max was disappointed at his own skills as he patted Max's shoulder and said with a smile, "You are a magus so you may not be able to do the same thing as these warriors. However, we as magus have our own way."

Orville started to gather magic power in his hands and the elements started to surround him. He did not remove the hand that was placed on Max's shoulders. After which the two vanished from where they were standing.

The other warriors stood in place without being able to do anything. Their job was to bring his highness and the visitor to a destination, but all they could do was sag their shoulders in defeat as his highness the prince seemed to have other plans.

1