Chapter 25: Training (4)
414 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time slowly moved this way

2 weeks have passed but I was only able to leap to the next log without being able to keep a stable footing. I fell countless times in the waterfall, and I was not scared of falling now. I accepted the fact that I could not fight against the strong currents when nearing the edge.

Training in the morning and experimenting on light magic at the evening. I wanted my suffering to end but I did not have the guts to ask for another teacher. I was the one who asked my mother to learn swordsmanship. I begged and now I got what I deserved. The only thing I could do was to suck it up, and be a man.

Men should suffer!

Hardships make a man!

If I don't remind myself of this then I feel like my purpose in learning has become void. I wondered when we will return to our old mansion. We have been staying in the capital for a while but I did not have the time to play around and visit the sites and scenes.

Lyla has started to show signs of opening up a little. She has started to show expressions and communicate with the people in the mansion. I have noticed that Lyla and my sister have been spending some time together, but I did not have the energy to ask what they were up to. I was just glad that she was starting to live like a normal person.

2 months have now passed and I have made some improvements with the logs, I can now run to up to 3 logs. However, before I could reach the fourth one, my momentum and burst from my movement runs out. I have figured out a way to help me with burst movements and that is to focus aura on my foot while jumping. In the final contact of my foot with the log, a sudden release of aura from my foot becomes a boost to my leap forward. It has been 2 days when I have unlocked the skill called aura.

I was surprised at first as I thought proper swordsmanship training was the way to unlock it. This has given me the determination to continue with my harsh training. I did not need explanations as I could see the results myself. During this time, I dare not question my master any longer. I only followed behind him.

Confidence started to sprout in my mind but that was pulverized into smithereens as 8 months have passed and I could never get pass the half mark of the logs from the river. Controlling aura was harder than I thought, you need to be able to use the right amount of aura or else you will run out of gas in the end. I thought this deficiency will solve itself once my aura becomes stronger but proper control of the quantity to be used by each burst was my important than a sudden explosive burst that uses too much energy.

Aura runs out as it is your body's own energy, I have realized this from the trials and errors from all of my mistakes. Focus and concentration is key, this must be how the masters fight longer and preserve their strength till the end. The proper control of aura can also be related to magic as controlling your output is key to surviving till the end.

I have stopped falling from the waterfall, this was the best sign of improvement. This is the result of my training. This time I did not let it get over my head and just continue to learn, grow and exceed my limits.

More than one year passed as I was able to stand at the other side of the river. I shouted like a maniac proud of my success. I looked at my master who was a couple of steps away from me. He gave me a nod as if a sign of approval and walked away.

I followed my master as we walked back down, He did not say anything else and all I did was following silently behind. It was now not difficult to follow him while walking. We stood in front of the waterfall, standing there like a majestic natural phenomenon that was made by Mother Nature itself. While I was looking at the waterfall and appreciating its beauty my master said, "From now on you shall climb the waterfall till you reach the top." He nod once, stood by the side like he was one with the surroundings.

I on the other hand was flabbergasted, looking at the majestic sight once more, I was now filled with trepidation and anxiety rather than appreciation. Like the third time I fell from this waterfall, I was reminded the same question I asked from a year ago. How high is this waterfall?

With no other choice, as I made up my mind to follow my demonic masters command till the end. I took off my clothes and started to swim beside the waterfall, the current was pushing me while tried to get closer. It took a lot of effort just to be able to stand below the waterfall.

As I was looking below, its intimidating height made me wonder how in the world will I be able to reach the top when just standing below the raging waters was taking a toll to my body. The water hitting my body was not like a drizzle from a rainfall. It was much, much worse. With squinting eyes I tried grabbing hold of a rock to climb on to but with a boom and a slash a sword slash hit me.

"Ah, it's been a while." I thought to myself. It has been a long time since I've experienced master's sword slash. It did not hurt as much as before but there is still pain.

"You shall not climb like a turtle." He said like I was an idiot for not knowing his intentions.

2