Chapter 27: Training (6)
406 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That is not a fucking monkey. You call that size a monkey in this world?" Max thought to himself as he watched agape at the so-called gorilla monkey running like a gust of wind. Its agile body was swinging from one tree to another. The forest was its playground and the gorilla monkey saw no hindrance in this forest.

The gorilla monkey saw that I was standing there agape, watching it move from one tree to another. He stopped on one of the trees and looked at me, He looked straight at me as if mocking me for not being able to follow him. I swear, I saw him laughing as he showed his grotesque teeth will making "Hi, Hi" sounds which was fucking annoying.

It got me riled up as I surrounded my feet with aura and used it to add power to my steps. I did the same thing from my prior training, and I thought it was easier as I was in dry land. However, every time I was able to approach the gorilla monkey, he would then again increase his speed and mock me.

The stupid gorilla monkey was doing it on purpose. I did not even notice that my aura was almost depleted as I use too much aura in my movements. The gorilla would use branches, rocks, the swinging ropes. The gorilla monkey would use branches, ropes and rocks to throw at me. It became a hindrance when I'm about to get near him. Most of them hit me as he used the trees as cover and it was very cunning while doing so. It was always at an angle that was on my blind side. I tried using this as a clue but the gorilla monkey seems to have the perception that was able to detect when I was waiting for its ambush.

I looked at my master hoping that he would say something to his gorilla monkey as it was not fair, to begin with. However, he only nodded his head to the gorilla monkey as if appreciating its antics and cunningness. The gorilla monkey was elated when he saw my master's nod that he again made a, "HI, HI" sound while thumping his chests.

I pointed at the gorilla monkey with hatred in my eyes while thinking, "See! That is not a trait of a monkey but a gorilla. Who are you trying to trick here." But, it has been years so I knew when to shut up and keep these things to myself.

I was dismayed seeing this, what was I hoping for from my master, I asked myself. All I could do was to meditate and replenish the aura that was spent on chasing the gorilla monkey. I cycled my mana throughout my body. A couple of minutes were all it took to replenish my energy and I felt refreshed.

The gorilla monkey and I continued with our cat and mouse game in the forest. I also tried using the objects lying around the forests but all it would hit was air. And as I did that, it annoyed the monkey gorilla and picked larger stones and branches.

As I was chasing the monkey gorilla while on a branch of a tree during high speed, a shadow suddenly appeared on my blind spot. With one swinging motion, that was full of power, the tree that the gorilla monkey was wielding made a "swoosh" sound and hit me from behind my back. It was a head-on collision with no time to escape. I felt my ribs broke from the impact as it disoriented me and fell flat on the floor. I again fainted but before I was about to close my eyes, the monkey wielding the tree was surrounding it with faint colors of blue.

"Since when did monsters have aura?" I asked myself and blackout.

I woke up in the same familiar bed at home. I guess the training ended with me fainting. I need a way to protect myself from the sudden attacks of that gorilla. It was not enough to keep chasing it, there must be a better way. Master did not give any directions so I am free to try out things.

While I was thinking to myself, Lyla entered the room with a jar of water and a towel. She looked at me when she saw me awake and asked me with her gentle smile, "Are you okay Master?" she poured water into a container and wet the towel with it. She then approached me and started to help me clean my face and hands.

"Yes, I'm fine. This is normal." I smiled as I answered. I did not want others to worry about me so I asked Lumi to heal me before we would arrive home even if I have fainted. The first time they saw me all battered and bruised made them worried and wanted me to stop training. However, I could not do that. I will not give up this chance to be strong. So I act like everything is fine at home.

I changed the subject and ask her instead, "How was your day Lyla?" I said with a gentle and sincere gaze.

She then excitedly told me about her day. How she trained with Alicia and has been improving a lot since then. She is also learning how to read and write. There was so much she wanted to learn, it was the simple things in this life and yet she was deprived of that before.

I remembered something and asked Lyla, "Lyla do you remember your birthday?"

She looked sad for a bit but she changed her facial expression right away and smiled saying, "It does not matter Master."

I looked at her eyes and said, "Then starting today, this day will be the day that we will celebrate your birthday every year." I remembered something and took it out from my pocket. It was a simple river stone that I tied up in a twig. It looked polished so I picked it up. I got this from the edge of the waterfall to keep as a memento but I thought I should at least give her something.

"This is nothing much and I'll give you something more appropriate later on but this is all I have at the moment," I said while giving it to her.

She took the stone from my hand and said in a small voice. "Thank you, master."

"I wish you would stop calling me master and just call me by my name," I said with a gentle smile as I saw her face happy from such a simple gift.

2