Chapter 28: Training (7)
399 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day.

I decided a different approach. I was goaded by the gorilla monkey to keep up with his pace which did not help in the least. Today I will assess the environment first and see his traits and characteristics. There must be some repetitive traits or behavior that I can catch. It will be easier for me to predict his next movement if I do so. I concentrated my eyes on the gorilla monkey, I followed him with my intense gaze while the gorilla monkey was confused as I was only following a safe distance.

The gorilla monkey tried to aggravate me by goading and insulting, by showing his ass and slapping it. He also did the same annoying laugh.

I will not fall for your tricks gorilla monkey.

"Not today," I said to myself.

I thought I was able to outsmart the dumb monkey for once but I was gravely mistaken. The gorilla monkey suddenly appeared in front of me and smacked me right in the face with a "whack" and "thwack". I was sent flying a couple of trees away. The gorilla monkey's movements were so fast that I was not even able to see an after image.

This must be his true speed and he was just playing with me yesterday.

Every time I would stop and focus on him to catch his movements, he will suddenly increase his speed and punch everywhere. I decided this was not productive at the moment so we continued the cat and mouse chase like yesterday.

Gorilla monkey seemed to enjoy being chased instead of being observed. I was not able to touch him, not even a single hair from his body. When I wanted to stop and rest to recuperate my strength, he would hit me harder and obstruct me from my focus. It seems that yesterday was just an introduction and he is becoming more serious today.

If I can't stop to recuperate or replenish my strength, then how will I able to catch him. Is this the same training as before where I need a larger amount of aura and mana?

I need to start somewhere if I can't even catch his movement then how can I catch him, as I thought of this my eyes continually focusing on the gorilla monkey. My aura naturally enveloped my eyes and I was able to catch up with his movement speed for a bit. However, it comes and goes as I was not able to control it properly. It was more difficult than I thought, I need to practice it constantly so I will be able to use it like a reflex.

For the next couple of days, there are times when I was about to touch his fur, but the cunning gorilla monkey never seemed to lose stamina with his running. At the end of the day, I was like a rag doll while he was not even breathing hard from all the running and action he did.

Do I need more stamina? I asked myself this. I thought that aura was enough to cover for my body's deficiencies but it might be far from the truth. The soldiers have been training their physical bodies and not just their aura.

As I was still not allowed to hold a sword and practice the normal stances, I decided to use the exercise that was found on earth. I have always been relying on my aura and mana to move my body. My body has strengthened from continuous training but the muscles might not develop enough.

As I was lacking in stamina, I decided to run laps around the training grounds. I woke up before the break of dawn and started running laps without any aura to support my body. I thought it would be easy as I saw the soldiers running 10 laps with ease every day. I was halfway through the course when my breath started to become haggard. This was harder than I thought.

Without the support of aura, my body felt as heavy as lead. I am only 8, I should be young and energetic enough to finish this course but what is going on. I asked myself, I thought my body has developed more than normal people but it does not feel like it.

The more I ran, the more my body felt heavier.

"This is impossible!" I shouted in my head. I rained curses and complaints but my body still kept moving, I am not giving up. I saw the last few meters ahead of me and I put in all my strength to finish this damnable course. I wanted to cry tears of joy when I finally finished and I fell on the floor. With both my fists clenched, I raised them up as if I won the marathon.

Max was enjoying his imaginary victory while some soldiers were watching at the side, talking.

"Should we tell the young master that there is a gravity field in our training grounds?" a young soldier asked.

"I do not know." The second training soldier did not want to get involved.

"Isn't it common sense? He has been living here for years." Another soldier interjected.

"I heard young master has some problems with his head." One more soldier came and said.

"You probably should tell him since it's on the highest settings in the morning as it is used for our usual training." One of the older soldiers said.

They looked at the older soldier in unison and said, "you're the oldest and stayed the longest here, you should tell him."

The older soldier said seriously, "Are you crazy? You know his grandfather right? This gravity field training ground was made by a grandmaster spatial mage because the duke requested this for his soldiers. Do you think anyone would be able to request that from a grandmaster spatial mage? And his Master is Evander. That crazy man would surely kill you if you do something unnecessary, you know his status right?"

They all then had a serious mood, looked at the young master who was flopped on the floor as they all walked away in silence.

4