Chapter 33: The Secret (2)
428 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max woke up with Lyla sleeping on his arms. He looked at Lyla's face that returned back to its human features, he did not move, afraid of waking up Lyla. He just watched and appreciated Lyla's beauty.

Max did not have to wait long as Lyla soon woke up beside him. Her jet black eyes were wide open when he saw Max. Their closeness made her blush, and seeing Max beside her made her calm down.

Lyla who woke up not knowing what Max's reaction would be felt at ease when she saw his calm and gentle smile still looking at her. Realizing that Max accepted her being a half-breed, she could not stop the tears from falling.

"Why are you crying? Does it still hurt?" Max asked full of concern while wiping away the falling tears on her cheeks.

"No." Lyla said in a soft voice.

"I'm just happy that you don't hate me." Lyla looked into Max's clear eyes, there was no hint of derision or anger, his warm gaze made all her doubts fade away.

Lyla explained her life story to Max, while Max, listen attentively. He did not interrupt Lyla until she was finished with her story before speaking, "What do you want to do Lyla? Do you want to get revenge on the people who killed your mother?" Max asked seriously.

Lyla paused for a bit, she was scrunching her eyebrows as if she was thinking. She then said, "I just want to stay by your side master. I don't need revenge or anything else." Lyla then cuddled beside Max and hugged him tightly.

Max caressed her head and said, "From now on you should call me Max." He then reached for her nape and chanted a spell. A bright light spread and Lyla's slave contract was released.

Lyla was surprised with Max's action. She became scared as she thought back to their discussion when they were kids. Max seeing Lyla's reaction spoke, "You're not a slave anymore but my woman. Your status is not any different than my family in my heart, therefore, people should treat you equally. No matter if you are human or succubus. It does not matter." His face was full of determination when he said this.

Lyla could not help herself, all her pent-up emotions were released at once. She cried like a child finding salvation in Max's loving warmth. She could not ask for more as Max recognized her as his woman. She hugged max tightly like she would never let go. The sound of sobbing continued until her breathing became stable, Lyla was once again asleep, however, her face was now filled with content.

Max stood up carefully, he did not want to disturb Lyla's sleep. He cleaned up and wore his clothes as he directly went to his mother's room.

He walked while thinking of the right words to say to his mother. Although he said that he would take responsibility, he still did not know how his mother would react if she finds out Lyla as a half-breed. Humans have despised the demon race since the beginning.

Sfx*knock knock*

"Come in," The same warm and gentle voice was heard in the room.

Max opened the door and saw his mother sitting on a chair while gently closing a book and putting it on one side. She then looked at Max's face and her face beamed with delight. As Max saw this, he approached his mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek before sitting down.

"Mother, I need to tell you something," Max said with a determined tone.

"Go on," His mother said.

Max began to explain Lyla's origin and that he considers Lyla as her woman now. Max was waiting for his mother to scold him but nothing happened. He closely looked at his mothers face, her expression did not change at all. It was Max's turn to be confused, scrunching his eyebrows, trying to figure out if his explanation was not on par with Lyla's. It seems mother has misunderstood something. He was about to start explaining once more when his mother spoke.

"I know son." She then looked at Max with the same gentle gaze. "When she first came in, I used an artifact that can inspect a person's origin and traits," She then showed Max a mirror and placed it on the table.

Max felt awkward asking her. "What were her traits?" Max asked.

Her mother gave a knowing smile and looked into Max's eyes and said, "What do you mean?"

Her inquisitive gaze was making Max uncomfortable. Max blushed and said, " You know what I mean mother."

"If you're asking about the succubus trait of sucking the life force out of their partners, Then no she does not have it, it must be because she is only a half. Her defining succubus traits are leaned into illusions and pheromones." Max's mother replied with a grin.

Max looked with amazement in his face. He then looked at his mother with a questioning look, "Why did you not tell me mother?" Max asked.

"I wanted to see what your reaction would be once you find out." His mother gave a small giggle while saying this. He did not know if he had made the wrong assumption about humans hating demons, but he thought that her mother's reaction would be entirely different.

"You see Max," She paused for a bit, looked at Max with a serious expression before continuing. "Humans have been at war with demons since time immemorial. This was written in history books, as you can see, the library holds that information too." She was looking at the books around them.

Max nodded in agreement with his mother's words.

"It was said that an immortal being once descended in this barren world. He saw a future in this world, therefore he made two figures using his otherworldly power, the goddess of darkness and the goddess of light. Now as you can see, the two sides which are the dark and light wanted to create beings according to their own preference, the other creatures are made in this world accordingly with their own attributes following the goddesses. The goddesses felt that they did a good job with the creatures that they have created and went into slumber as they used a lot of their powers. However, it was said that one day, through the faith of their followers, they will once again awaken into this world." She paused for a bit to see Max's reaction, however, it was one of a listener, as if he was a student learning and absorbing all the information.

"This made the world balance. The world is big, therefore, everyone had a place of their own. But, once the population grew, the people in this world started to change."

2