Chapter 34: Adventure (1)
413 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Other races began their expansion as their own territories developed. Races have encroached other territories, one reason is resources it may be natural resources or the people they contain. I believe you have heard what had happened with the elves." His mother asked and Max nodded confirming her words.

"As time went on, they used their own beliefs stating that it was the goddesses will that only one religion should rule the lands. Up to this day, there's still a lot of extremists who are under this belief. However, our family has never been one of them. We stayed in a neutral position even with our ranking in the society, that is why we have been in the center of attention. Your grandmother and grandfather have been placed in positions that they did not want to due to the noble's misgivings towards our beliefs." His mother paused for a bit, letting Max digest the information she gave before continuing.

"Our family travels around the world for adventure. Your great-grandparents, grandparents and so did your father and me. We have seen people of different races and experienced a lot. We all found the same truth as we traveled, we should not discriminate people because of their race or belief. We are told that demons are all bad, however, when we traveled, there's a lot of demon races that are kind and caring. They know how to respect when shown respect. It is same with us humans, there are people brimming with righteousness while there are people using righteousness as a reason for massacring the demon race." Her mother's serious face and tone made Max think of his own beliefs.

He now realized that he was lucky to reincarnate in a family where his family's beliefs are same as his.

Is this the goddess will?

He did not know.

His mother touched his cheek and spoke in a tone full of love, "It does not matter who you love son. However, you must be prepared with the decision you make. Not everyone will understand it, and a lot will discriminate you for it."

"Thank you mother," Max said while looking deeply into his mother's clear eyes with a gaze filled with love.

Max wondered about one thing and asked, "Mother, is it the goddess will for her children to fight against the other goddess children?"

His mother held her chin as if in deep thought and said, "It is not known, there are no books that tell the whole story of the events. They are all information passed down from one generation to another, so the message might have been misconstrued due to the passage of time. What do you think Max?" she then asked.

Max without any hesitation stated, "I think the goddess would be sad if she finds out that the children she created are now fighting against her sisters' children."

Her mother's eyes glowed with delight as she heard his answer. She then said, "From now on, Lyla shall be considered as part of the family. Her status will be changed into your fiancé. However, we cannot disclose the information that she is a half." His mother looked at him gravely.

"But you found out that she was a half, so does this not have much meaning in keeping it a secret?" Max asked.

"You do not have to worry. There are not a lot of artifacts like this around." Her mother pointed at the mirror. "It is the same as the dagger that your master passed unto you. Although yours is of a higher quality and this one is simpler in terms of usage. It is still a rare piece of equipment that has been passed down in the family. You have to be more careful in the future Max." She said this as a warning to Max, she wanted Max to be more aware of his actions.

"I understand. Once I have the means to protect our lives from the people against me and Lyla's relationship. We will not mention her background." Max said with a firmness in his tone.

Max was about to head out when his mother added something, "Your master, Evander, will be returning in one months' time, since you have free time, I want you to register as an adventurer and know the workings of the world by experiencing it." Her mother said with a laugh.

He did not know why her mother wanted him to experience being an adventurer but when he heard the story of their family adventuring the world, his spirit got fired up and he wanted to experience it on his own. This was a good chance to learn and observe how other people fight. He wanted to know how much he has improve in terms of fighting, as he did not know if his training with a monkey would show results.

She then continued, "You are not allowed to use the family name or our wealth. You have to earn your keep by surviving in the dungeon using the money you earn from being an adventurer. And one last thing, you cannot use your magic in the dungeons as it will attract a lot of attention to you."

Max once again faced his mother and asked, "What about Lyla?"

"It is fine to take her with you. I suggest you use a disguise because her beauty will cause a lot of troubles with the other men in the guild." She said jokingly with a smirk.

"I understand." Max replied. He walked away, it seems his mother will not be adding anything more. He went directly to his room, filled with excitement with what's to come on his adventure.

2