Chapter 35: Adventure (2)
410 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Adventurers guild is located at the center of the capital, they are on the same street as the Magic towers. These two forces were known to have a good relationship as many mages prefer to work as adventurers to train themselves. The streets were filled with people, hawkers, vendors, and people passing by looking at wares could be found.

There were two people walking on the street. The people were giving them strange looks as they passed by. Some even pointed their fingers at them and whispered at one another. These two people were wearing noh masks, the type used in Japanese theatre. Black cloaks covered their entire bodies. To top it all off, they were wearing hoods that covered everything aside from their eerie masks.

They look like unscrupulous people that some of the kids even cry as they see them walk by. These weird looking people who are heading for the Adventurers guild were Max and Lyla.

"Max, I don't think this disguise was a good idea," Lyla said in a whisper.

"It took me a lot of time to make these masks. I think they are perfect to hide our identities, and call me Mark, remember we are hiding our identities." Max said to Lyla in a whisper. His tone sounded excited.

"Yes, they hide our identities, but now, we are the center of attention," Lyla said with a sigh. This was not the kind of disguise she had in mind. Max told her that his mother wanted him to experience living a life as an adventurer, however, they are forbidden from exposing their identities. It was fine to put on the masks but the cloaks were over the top, they have similarities of a certain cult that were known for being extremists.

The two continued walking and found the location of the guild. It was not hard to find, as it was surrounded by a lot of ruffian and wild looking people. Their bodies were filled with muscles and their air was akin to a predator.

Max did not have any misgivings about walking inside the dilapidated building that was known as the adventurers' guild. It was a far cry compared to the magic tower which maintained its pristine look. The Adventurers guild looked more like a remnant from a previous war. Although it was still considered whole, there were parts with cracks and holes. It was unknown if it was from a fight or due to an attack.

"This is weird, I thought the adventurer's guild in the capital would be well-maintained or perhaps comparable to the magic tower," Max said out loud.

The people around did a double take when they heard the voice under the cloak. It sounded young and energetic.

"Mark, please don't speak so loud. The people are looking at us. We should not act conspicuously." Lyla said in hushed tones.

The two approached the counter that was free and stood in front of the desk, waiting for the guild assistant to appear.

The lady who was supposed to attend to their needs faltered a bit when she saw them. The smile on her face crumpled, her look was filled with apprehension when looking at the two gloomy figures standing in front of her. The masks looked sinister, unlike anything she has ever seen. One even had horns carved into the mask. She was about to pass the two people to someone else when she heard the voice under the masks.

"Excuse me, Miss we would like to join and become adventurers." The voice sounded cheerful and brimming with energy. The lady was able to calm herself once she heard the voice. It did not sound sinister compared to the mask that was showing under the hood.

The lady was finally able to make an awkward smile as she scrutinized the two people under the hood. Unfortunately, no part of their skins could be seen, even their hands have been covered in gloves. The only thing that was identifiable was the other person has a sword on the waist while the person who spoke sounded like a boy.

"The processing fee is 5 silver coins. This includes the guild identification card that you must have with you at all times, a guideline of our rules and regulations and the rights to sell the materials you have gathered in the guild." The lady spoke with a bit more confidence compared to earlier.

"I see. I and my partner would like to register." Max said in his usual tone.

"Hold on for a minute." The lady left her seat and went to the back.

"This is very easy," Max said to his companion.

"You should pay more attention. The people are giving us the looks since we entered." Lyla reprimanded Max who was like a little kid who entered a candy store. Although his skills are first class, she did not know if Max would be able to act accordingly when dealing with other people. He's been surrounded by weird people all his life, he might think that they are normal, Lyla thought to herself.

The lady came back to the counter and handed them two crystal cards, she then explained, "You only need to drop your blood and it will register your information. In case you do not want others to know your identity, all you have to do is use your mana or aura to manipulate the crystal card. The only information that you can see is your name or alias and rank. We believe that adventurers have the right to keep their identities hidden if they want to." The lady added the last information specifically for them she believed that they did not want to their true identities be known.

The two removed their gloves and pricked their fingers to drop blood ion the crystal card, the process was fast and they did as the lady said, they used their aura to hide the information that they did not want others to see. The card showed their alias, Mark and Lisa with the lowest rank, bronze.

2