Chapter 37: Adventure (4)
386 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lyla noticed the sudden change in Max's attitude once they entered the dungeons. His childish and excited bearing that was filled with curiosity has changed into the same calm and composed demeanor that he always has.

Max was now seriously checking his surroundings while giving brief explanations to Lyla, for them to be prepared for any unforeseen events.

Lyla felt that her worries earlier disappeared. She looked at Max and thought to herself that he looks dependable, she removed her sword from its sheath and prepares herself in a neutral position to allow herself to attack or defend at any moment.

Max spoke in a calm manner, "Don't worry about the people who are after us, I believe that they are only after us since we looked like beginners. It will take a while for them to track us down if they are really adamant in following us."

Truthfully, Max was not worried about the 6 people who used the crowd to follow them as their strengths are almost equal with the training soldiers in his home, while the other 2 people seemed stronger, they are nothing compared to his Master's tamed beast. However, he wanted Lyla to be always on guard considering her background.

Max believes that Lyla became stronger due to her training with his sister, but she lacks experience. He might be acting childish and ignorant in the adventurer's guild, but he was checking the people in the surrounding just like what he had learnt from his master's training. He had learned that being prepared in any given situation will be helpful in his survival.

Max looked at Lyla and said, "We will skip this level and go directly to the next level without stopping."

Lyla followed Max without questions and continued on their way. They both studied the maps of the dungeon, however, since they have been transported into a random area, they will need to define their location first before moving on.

Thankfully, there are pillars that have existed since the dungeon was discovered. These pillars have unique marks in them that are different from each and every pillar found in a dungeon. Historians say that these marks are a language from the ancient era.

The floor and walls which is made up of cobblestones were thick and robust, adventurers had tried making their own marks but it was impossible to even make a dent on it. Although its composition looked like stones, it was still unknown what minerals or materials it is composed of.

"Stop," Max said in a hushed tone.

Lyla was behind Max, she tightened her grip on the hilt of her sword.

Max looked at Lyla with a serious expression, he then said in a hushed tone, "There are 5 red eyed rabbits on the other side of this wall. Once we reach the corner, you will be able to see them. Can you handle them?"

Lyla nodded in consent as she prepared herself to attack the red-eyed rabbits. She slowly approached the corner and silently scouted for the positions of the red-eyed rabbits. Two were at the front about 5 meters away, the other 3 are farther away about 10 meters away. She thought that this gives her a couple more seconds of leeway to attack and kill the 2 in front before the 3 will reach her.

The problem with the first levels of the dungeons is the clearance, there are no objects that can be used to hide oneself, the corners can be used as a blind spot by the adventurers if they have a good scout, however, it goes both ways if the adventurer's party does not have a way to scout their enemies locations they could be easily ambushed by other parties.

Lyla needed to act as fast as possible, using one single blow to each monster to be more efficient. Once Lyla made up her mind, she used her aura to boost her movement speed. It only took 3 steps as she arrived in front of the 2 red-eyed rabbits. With 2 basic horizontal slash, she was able to deal with them easily. However, one of the red-eyed rabbit was quick and alarm the other 3 red-eyed rabbits.

With a "chi chi" sound, the 3 rabbits replied with a "shriek" and attacked simultaneously with perfect coordination with each other. They moved as fast as they could as if the sound the red-eyed rabbit made was a cry for help. One attacked Lyla's left, the other focused on her right side, while the last one went for her eyes.

Lyla took a step back, then made a side step motion to avoid the attack from her right side. She slashed the rabbit to her left, and used her left hand to cover her face.

Sfx*clink*

The red-eyed rabbit on the left died with one slash, while the other red-eyed rabbit that attacked her face was parried with her gauntlet that was hidden under her cloak. The red-eyed rabbit backed off when it saw that its attack was not working.

Sfx*shriek*

As the two red-eyed rabbit saw their disadvantageous state, they decided to give up and run away.

Lyla gave a sigh of relief while carefully assessing her surroundings. Once she was sure that the enemies are not returning, she heaved a sigh of relief.

"Good job." Said Max who was now standing behind Lyla. He caressed her head as he gave his compliment with his usual gentle smile. He can now confirm Lyla's skill with her performance, her level can be considered to be at a master swordsman level. If Lyla can use and control her traits, then she would be able to defend herself in the future. This was the only way to practice her traits without being discovered by other people inside the dungeon filled with monsters. They continued walking and the deeper they went the smaller the number of people they encountered.

This was also one of the reasons why he allowed Lyla to come with him. He had always cared about Lyla since they were children, he saw his younger sister in her in his past life. He always treated her like a younger sister, but once he realized that Lyla was half succubus, it dawned upon him that it was impossible for their relationship to remain the same.

A succubus coming of age is very different from a human, they need to absorb the life force of a partner through a sexual deed. Max did not even hesitate to provide Lyla with his own life force to awaken her traits, even if she was not human. Max considers Lyla as family, he would have done the same to give his life for any of his family members without hesitation. Luckily she did not have that trait which his mother explained.

2