Chapter 38: Adventure (5)
365 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lyla did not have any problems dealing with the red eye rabbits on the first level. Max only observed from afar while watching Lyla deal with the monsters. He continued to asses Lyla's skills and abilities as a swordswoman.

Lyla was able to defeat the monsters with one swing of her sword. Although red eye rabbits are only as big as a small breed of dog, their agility is nothing to scoff at once they attack in droves. The most trouble Lyla had was dealing with 5 at a time.

Having a pace of not too fast or too slow, they were able to reach the teleportation matrix for the second floor. The adventurer's crystal card once again serve as a pass for them to continue on, in the card they need to fill in information for "party members", as people would be transported into a random area, this will prevent people from being ambushed all of a sudden by other people, which has happened in the past.

Both of them were covered by the light from the teleportation matrix in the pillar, one only need to touch the pillar at the same time with your members to be teleported to the next level.

The two arrived at the next level without a problem. They were faced with the same environment as the second floor, the only difference is the type of monsters they would face. The second floor's monsters are known as rabid grey rats, they are as big as medium sized dogs, their teeth have toxins that are poisonous and can cause one's health to be drained. A lot of unprepared adventurers have died for not having cure portions or healer's in their party. They fall victim to these rabid grey rats their bite that is only considered mob quality monsters, or one of the most basic of the mobs.

The teeth and claws are razor sharp, its attack is the basic hack and slash by its claws. It is easy to see the pattern of their attacks, but same with the red eyed rabbits, they prefer to attack in droves. These monsters are faster and are more vicious compared to the red eyed rabbits. They do not retreat in the face of enemies, most of the experienced adventurers pass by the lower 10 floors of the dungeon as they provide the most common monster cores. The quantity cannot make for its quality.

Though that is the case, Max decided to pick up every monster core that dropped in the dungeon to sell at the adventurer's guild. One did not need to provide proof of exterminating monsters inside the dungeons as the crystal card records it. The cards counter will then reset once the information has been processed by the adventurers guild. This process has made the lives of the adventurers easier, one cannot lie about their kills. The bodies of the monsters in dungeons disappear a few minutes after it dies, and the monster cores are random drop items which cannot be used to assess one's ability.

On the other hand, the card is able to pick up the mana particles when the monsters disintegrate in the dungeon. The dead monsters mana surrounds the person who killed it, and the card is able to pick up the mana before it disintegrates. The mana signature of monsters in the dungeon is the same depending on its rank and kind.

People, on the other hand, have different mana signatures, this is how the adventurer's crystal card works, only one person can use the card, same as the special ranked artifacts, once they register the mana, the person becomes the only owner of said artifacts. The same principle applies with other artifacts like storage rings, weapons and rare armors. The current owner must first die in order for a different person to take over it.

In the end, Max's mother provided them with a storage ring that has storage as big as a small room.

There are necessities like food, clothing, potions and money inside. A storage ring is considered a luxurious item, most adventurers do not have the money to buy such an item. Some even spend their entire lives as low ranked adventurer's but cannot afford to buy one. This is one of the reasons why Lyla was carefully watching the reaction of the people in the guild.

Stories and tales of nobles being killed due to their belongings is common, the system which randomly transports adventurer's to different locations have lessened such events, but if adventurers are persistent, they would still be able to find them in the dungeon with a good tracker in the party. There are even organizations that do this for a living.

Max picked up the monster cores one by one and placed it in a small bag instead of his storage ring, this is to avoid people of being suspicious of them for having a storage ring. Although Max believes that it will not be troublesome to deal with these people, it was better not to underestimate the crooks.

Max kept watch of their environment to see any possible attacks from people. Up till now, they have not come across with other people in the dungeon. Lyla is still taking care of the rabid grey rats with ease. Max did not help Lyla with scouting the monsters locations this time.

The first 10 floors in the dungeon are known for not having any traps, however, there are some secret rooms that one can possibly encounter, they contain hidden treasures and sometimes dangerous monsters. The first 10 floors are the same with its environment and composition, however, every ten levels the environment changes. Before one can move up to the 11th floor, the adventurer's need to defeat a boss monster from the 10th floor. The same principle applies for every 10 floors.

2