Chapter 40: Adventure (7)
365 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max carefully approached the two cocoons that are aligned together. He touched the spun web, it was soft and silky to the touch, but with a simple knock, you can tell that it is tough and sturdy.

He tried to find a spot where the layer was not as tough, he was looking for a vulnerable point to get the bodies out. The part where the web is connected to the ceiling and the top of the cocoon was hanging from had the softest spot, he cut the web line that it was connected from, and the cocoon drops on the floor with a "thud". He did the same with the other one, he laid both of them on the floor.

Max started to use his dagger to tear a hole, starting from the softer part, he carefully removed the web avoiding the person inside, as this was the first time he was doing this. Lyla was standing guard behind him, as this was the dungeon, they could be attacked any moment.

The first thing Max saw was the boots, it seems they were hanged upside down. He continued with his work, from there the figure of the person inside the cocoon could be seen. She had curves in her body, but it seems it was not yet well developed. She had bob cut brown hair, her breathing was shallow and her life force seems dim.

Max grabbed a healing potion from his bag and gave it to the girl, thankfully she drank it, even though she is asleep. Max thought she looked to be the same age as them. He went to the other cocoon and did the same thing. This time the process was faster, inside the cocoon was a delicate looking boy with blonde hair. He had the same condition as the other girl, Max gave him the same potion.

Max and Lyla waited for the two to gain their consciousness. The color on their faces had turned healthier and their breathing became stable.

Max took out some food from his satchel bag which was hidden in his cloak and gave one to Lyla.

"It's best to be always on your best condition. Eat and rest while you can, we don't know when other monsters might appear." Max said calmly as he sat on the granite floor beside Lyla.

Lyla accepted the food and started eating, she still continued to keep watch as she was reminded of her failure earlier. They were at the bottom level of the dungeon, but she is already starting to become a burden to Max. Lyla was aware of Max's' strength, however, she still underestimated him. His movements seemed simple but it was decisive. There was a purpose for every movement, Lyla gritted her teeth as she realized how different their strengths were.

Max took a glimpse of Lyla beside him, although the training is considered harsh, it was the best way to show Lyla that she is greatly lacking in experience when it comes to battles. It was best to have firsthand experience. Max knows that their pace is faster compared to other beginner adventurer's.

Most beginner adventurers would only venture to the first and second floor, and that is composed of a balanced team. However, although this might be harsh, this is the fastest way to get results like what his master did with his training.

While Max and Lyla were resting, there was some slight movement beside them, Max and Lyla looked at the 2 people lying on the floor who made the movement.

The girl started to open her eyes, but before she could fully orient herself, the other person beside her made some noises and shouted, "aaah" while his face was full of panic. The girl beside him sat upright and looked at where the sound came from. Her face also looked panicked and frightened. They were both looking around full of fear.

"Be quiet, your voices will attract more monsters to us," Max said in a cold and calm manner.

The two still looked deathly afraid, but when they heard that more monster might come. They shut their mouths and looked at the person who spoke.

As both looked at the person, the girl fainted on the spot while the young boy backed away until his back was against the wall. His face was now devoid of blood and his finger was pointing at the mask of the person who spoke.

"Who wh wh… who are you pe pe pe… people?" The young boy said in a shaky voice. His face was full of despair, while he tried to grab the arm of the fainted girl, shaking it as hard as he could. He was not sure if they were human, from the way they were dressed and he concluded that they were from the demon race.

The young boy heard a sigh from another place, he followed where the voice came from and a mask more menacing than the other one could be seen from under the hooded cloak, the horns on the mask and the red dripping from the eye holes looked like blood. The young boy could not take it anymore, as he too fainted on the spot.

"I told you this disguise was not a good idea," Lyla said, she was the one who sighed, looking at the two people who fainted once more, she could only look at Max with eyes filled with pity.

Max was touching the mask on his face, he hesitated for a bit before pulling out 2 normal looking cloaks and 2 white masks inside the storage ring and handing one out to Lyla. "We better change while no one is around," Max said in a defeated voice.

2