Chapter 43: Adventure (10)
341 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max and Lyla headed out for the dungeons after finishing their breakfast. It took them almost an hour to reach the end of the 3rd-floor teleportation matrix that's headed for the 4th floor. They ignored the monster and headed straight for the teleportation matrix.

Once they arrived at the 4th floor, Max and Lyla did not move out hastily, they observed their surroundings for any monsters near the vicinity. The teleportation matrix have barriers that protect the pillars from monsters, this makes it easier for adventurers to at least scout the area near the teleportation matrix. This vantage point allows parties with good scouts to gain a better position and a better advantage.

As Max was observing the area, he suddenly scrunched up his eyebrows when he first steps out of the barrier. The pungent smell of blood made his nose wrinkle, there are no bodies to be found near them, nor blood stains on the floor, however, as if a mist of bloody smell was surrounding the entire area from where they were standing from, covering them and their senses.

This was not what he was expecting since this floors monsters are only made up venomous tiger snakes, they are called tiger snakes because of the tiger like patterns on their backs.

Their length and size is the same as adult males, they are known to use their venom by spitting it out towards the victim, once it hits the skin of the victim, the poison will have a fast effect that slowly absorbs the victims' vitality. If they are able to bite through a victim's skins, this causes the venom to run through their bloodstream, potions will not be able to cure it, a high leveled heal from a light magician is necessary to survive.

In the 4th level, there are pitfalls and traps that once triggered, a deadly amount of venomous tiger snakes will appear and swamp the people who are caught in the trap. This means that the bodies will be buried underground, the smell should be locked up once the trap closed up.

"Lyla don't move. Stay inside the barrier, something strange is going on. If I don't come back within a couple of hours, go back to the mansion and report to my mother." Max gave Lyla this few instructions and disappeared in an instant.

Lyla followed Max's instructions without any question. She took out the sword from the sheath and held on to it, preparing for whatever monster that might appear. Although there was a barrier to prevented monsters from coming in, it was best to still be prepared.

Max went to scout the surrounding pathways. He did not find anything, yet the smell of blood was still wafting through the air. He followed the smell as it became stronger, the strangest thing was the disappearance of monsters. He was carefully moving about the dungeon, avoiding the traps, left and right. Although he magnificently avoided 95% of the trap, he has still triggered some of it, it was easy to avoid due to his fast reaction and agility, however, the opened traps did not have any venomous tiger snakes in them.

Finally, reaching the end of a corner, there was some activity inside a room. Lower level dungeons, usually do not have any so-called normal rooms, however, there are hidden rooms that pop out suddenly. They contain treasures or monsters, it all depends on one's luck. But, what Max found while lurking in the shadows were a group of cloaked people, covered in a full black attire, their face were covered, however, Max could not see them clearly because of the dim light and cloaks covering their head, the angle did not help as they were facing towards the other side.

They were facing an altar with a matrix beneath their foot, the surroundings were filled with decapitated body parts that were strewn over the whole area. Blood was being absorbed by the matrix under their feet as the people in black cloaks continued to chant words that Max could not identify. The people under the cloaks have not realized that there was an additional person in the room.

Max was able to remove his presence, he continued to watch the ritual. Judging from what he can see, they were definitely up to no good. The body parts on the floor looked like human parts, they must be adventurers that experienced the sudden changes in the dungeon like the two adventurers they have met.

The light on the altar became brighter, the chant became louder, there was a sudden gust of winds that surrounded the room, and there was whizzing sound because of the fast circulating air. The cloaks of the people were flipping and swaying from the wind.

Max who still did not know whether to attack or keep his distance, continued spying on the activities of the group, the soft chanting at first turned to loud shouting, as if they were at the end of the line.

Once the last sounds were made by the cloaked people, some of them fell on the floor with a "thud". Finally, black smoke filled the middle part of the matrix, a silhouette was starting to form as the smoke collates in one spot.

The figure in the middle was standing tall with its maleficent aura, his three horns that are pointing towards the ceiling were sparkling like jade, his body was well-toned as every muscle contained power, and his height was about 4 meters.

The towering figure looked down on the cloaked people standing at the points of the matrix. His face which was colored in a dark shade of blue and black, patterns could be seen all over his body.

From all the features that Max could deduce, he was a high ranking demon that these people have summoned. This must be the reason why the monsters in the dungeon are in disorder, they must have felt the presence of this being who is being summoned.

2