Chapter 46: Adventure (13)
300 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lumi!" Max shouted as Lumi suddenly disappeared from his sight.

[Max I'm here] Lumi transmitted her thoughts in his mind.

It had the same feeling and connection when they were trapped in his consciousness, but this time, she could transmit words through their connection.

"Where are you?" Max asked in his mind.

[Its weird, this looks like the place where we first met] Lumi replied to Max.

Max was trying to process what Lumi said, then looked at his hand. The dagger which turned silver in color. It felt like the dagger was part of his body, he moved it with one slashing motion, and a white beam of light emanated from it.

"More important than that, you can speak now Lumi?" Max asked, trying to confirm if this was a lasting effect.

Lumi replied, [No, it's only when I'm in here. I wanted to talk with you for a long time now, but my current self is not enough to communicate with you without the help of this dagger]

"I understand. I want to talk with you more, but we don't have the time right now." Max looked ahead, the cracks on the barrier continued to spread and all apart, and how a window made of glass break, everything fell apart in one last swoop from the demon's tail.

Sfx *GRAAAAWWWRR*

"Get ready Lumi, he's coming." Max held tightly to his dagger, gathering more of his mana.

The demon appeared right in front of Max with great force, he could feel the wind on his face just from the aftershock of the demon's previous attack.

Sfx *kwack*

The sound of tail hitting the granite floor resounded, the deformed floor is a testament to how strong the attack was, it was something that did not get destroyed no matter how the adventurers or the monsters attack, but when the demon's one attack hit the floor, the floor caved in with cracks surrounding it.

Max, on the other hand, was able to easily dodge the attack to the side as the demon's attack was delayed by the barrier that was destroyed.

Max follow up with an attack with his sidestep, the mana that accumulated in the dagger is shining brightly with white light. He slashed with all his might at the body part that he could reach which was the demon's right arm.

Sfx*GRAAAAWR*

The demon shouted in rage when Max's attack hit it. The attack was effective, as smoke can be seen from the wounded part of the demon. Max did not stand still when he found out that his attack was effective, with another side step and going around the back of the enemy's blind spot, he went for the back of the demon with a leap, Max was able to hit the left side of the shoulder blade of the demon. The demon once again gave another thunderous shout from the pain.

The successive attacks caused the demon to stagger for a bit and took a step back, Max saw this as a chance and went around the demon's body with lightning speed, this time he went for the demon's thorax, as the demon core was located in that spot.

Using both hands to hold the dagger tightly, Max went in to stab the demon.

Sfx *GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR*

With another angry roar, the demon's anger could not be contained anymore as the roar felt like an attack to Max who was in front of its body, holding tightly on the dagger. Unfortunately, with the robust body of the demon, the dagger's length was not enough to reach its core.

Max removed the dagger and was trying to prepare for another attack, but as soon as he took a step away from his enemy.

Sfx *swoosh*

Max was hit directly on his body, his body was flying like an airplane that ran out of control. With the force of the tail attack of the demon, Max's momentum only stopped when he hit the dungeon walls.

Sfx *thump*

He fell on the floor while coughing blood, his arm which he used to receive most of the attack is broken. Max thought he was lucky that it was only broken, it seems like a couple of his ribs are broken, he was bleeding from all over his body due to the demon's tail.

Sfx *cough cough*

A beam of light descended on Max's body which came from the dagger that he was holding. Warm light flooded his body as his breathing became stable.

"Thank you Lumi," Max said in appreciation.

Max looked at the location of the demon, he was flung far away from the demon. He can see the demon standing tall in the same palace without moving. It seems to be observing him, waiting for the next move.

He can see the smoke coming out from its body had not disappeared, it seems that light magic is the bane of darkness creatures since olden times. It was not able to regenerate the wounded parts, this gave Max hope that he is able to defeat the demon.

2