Chapter 47: Adventure (14)
312 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max started to stand up when he heard Lumi's thoughts.

[Max. I can't stay in the dagger for long. The mana around the dungeon is not enough to support the rate of absorption of the dagger.]

Max was surprised when he heard Lumi's explanation. He always thought that there was an infinite amount of mana in the environment, not once did he experience the lack of mana from his surroundings. The times when he felt his body as a vessel was not enough to absorb the mana in the surrounding was more than he could count.

Lumi broke Max's thoughts when Lumi suddenly spoke [You only have one more chance to attack the demon. That's all the support I can give your right now.]

As I heard this, I once again moved my body with immense speed and agility. In front of the demon, I dodged, parry, evade until I found the perfect position to attack the same spot that I stabbed it.

Not good!

The demon is starting to get used to my speed and pace. Unlike before, the demon looked clumsy and uncoordinated, but with the passage of time it seems to have adjusted its movements. I could not delay this any longer, I prepared to thrust the dagger at his chest with all the mana I could muster. However, at the same time of movement, he also made his move.

The demon started making unknown sounds with his mouth. His language is different from this worlds but it did not take long to concur that it was an incantation. His body was covered in a dark mist, it was a sinister aura. However, I could not back out from my attack as it was my only chance left. I do not know what the effects of his magic were as it spreads in the surroundings.

I was able to approach him and with a swift stabbing motion, I stabbed him in the same location where his demon core was located, with a roar the demon held on to my hand that was stabbing his core. His breathing became haggard, he was losing energy in his hands while he was holding my hand.

Oddly enough, his face had a malevolent smile plastered on it as if he had won in our encounter. That was the last thing I remembered from the demon as it disappeared completely from my sight, what was left was a cracked demon core that rang in the empty room as it fell.

It was a weird sight for a demon, not a dungeon monster to disappear completely. The bodies of the humans used in the ritual did not disappear, however, his did. Dungeons appeared from time to time, did it have something to do with the demon race. Max was also wondering if that demon was from the same world as this, it was different compared to the normal demons that exist in this world.

He was not denying this possibility as he too was an outsider, who was an existence from another world.

He fell on the floor with a thud as he sprawled on the floor. The smile from the demon's face still bothered him. The mist that it produced was also a mystery, what were its effects he wondered. He looked at the dagger that was still in his hands, it started to dim down and returned to its previous color.

[Max, I'll need to rest for a bit. You better…]

Before Lumi could finish her speech, her transmitted thoughts ended and the core at the hilt of the dagger dimmed back to its usual color. Silence once again fell in the dungeon, the monsters have not returned. The surrounding felt like an abandoned building with an eerie atmosphere.

Max sat down and moved his limbs to check o his body's condition. He felt fine, he could still use aura and mana without a problem. He stood up and picked up the cracked demon core on the floor, there were some black mist like energy swirling inside the cracked demon core.

After checking himself, he moved quickly to the place where he left Lyla.

Max did not notice that his emerald eyes had black dots in the middle of his iris. That is similar to the mist that spread from the demon's body when they fought.

Max ran without any obstructions in his way. It did not take long for him to reach Lyla's location with his speed. Max could see Lyla on the other side of the barrier with a worried expression on her face. She was standing there while holding her sword in attention, waiting for Max's return.

Once Lyla saw Max's figure, she hastily left the barrier and ran straight at Max like a bullet. She full forced hit Max's chest and hugged his body while sobbing. Max's cloak looked like something a beggar would wear, it was full of holes that exposed parts of his body, his mask had cracks on it. It was a testament to how difficult the fight he had encountered.

"Ugh," Max made a sound as he did not expect Lyla will not stop when she was in front of him. His fatigued body absorbed the full brunt of Lyla's "attack."

Max patted Lyla's back to calm her down and said, "We need to make a report to the adventurer's guild and my parents. There is something brewing in this kingdom ad we are stuck in the middle of it."

Lyla dried her tears and nodded at Max words.

Both of them touched the pillar to go back to the lower floor, Max was not sure if the pillar with the destroyed barrier still worked. However, they could still use this pillar to go back and leave the dungeon.

1