Chapter 48: Returning (1)
308 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Max and Lyla left the dungeon, they looked for someone they can report to at the sub-guild building. They found the same lady at the front desk who assisted them yesterday.

Max approached the lady at the front desk and said, "Excuse me, we would like to report something about the dungeon." The lady looked at Max's appearance and knew that something must have happened considering the two did not suffer in yesterday's dungeon diving.

"Come with me," the lady said as they walked into a room behind the counter. Once the three people entered, the lady closed the door and offered the two to sit down while getting something for them to drink.

Max explained everything that had happened in the dungeon. He did not leave anything out from the monsters to the ritual to the demon that was summoned. Lyla was listening attentively along with the lady from the counter as both of them did not know what happened with Max from the time he disappeared from her sight. The lady, on the other hand, was scrunching her eyebrows after listening to Max's account, especially the part where it was able to destroy the barrier in the dungeon. This was a case that needed to be reported to the higher up as soon as possible.

Once Max was finished speaking the lady thanked him for the information and rushed outside the room to make her report.

Max did not remain in the sub-guild office, as they too decided to go back to the mansion to report to his parents. He did not mind how the guild would handle the situation as something happened under their noses. The grave repercussions that might affect the capital if they do not get this situation under control will be disastrous.

"Lyla, we have to make haste. This might be related to the continuous demon attacks on the border and the capital. They have been attacking without any rest for a while. I am a bit worried about grandmother and grandfather at the frontline." Max said while they were traveling at fast speeds.

Lyla was trying her best to keep up with Max's speed, she knows how dire the situation is after hearing Max's experience in the dungeon. Only a couple of hours have passed but the people behind this incident have no idea that they have failed. This could be a chance for them to figure out the people behind this attack.

Lyla did not speak but continued to follow Max with her fastest speed. Once they reached the high walls of the capitals, they stopped to enter the gates. They have identifications as adventurers, thus they did not have to worry about being stopped at the gates. Proving how useful the identification cards were, they went in without a problem and walked towards the center, they used the crowd to blend in and not stand out as they continued their journey to the mansion.

Before they reached the upper districts for nobles, they had to discard their disguise and wear proper attire to enter. They went into a dark and vacant alley. Max might be able to enter unrecognized using his stealthy footwork, but it won't be able to work with Lyla around. He thought that he should probably teach Lyla a better footwork if he decided to take her with him.

They both wore proper noble attire, they did not want to catch unwanted attention in the noble district as they move along to the mansion. Once again they moved unobstructed, the guards saw the crest he had on his vest. Max did not like wearing their family crest as it stands out a lot, but this time he had no choice but to do so.

It was something the noblemen do to show their prominence in the noblemen district. This is also to show who has a higher position and who should concede once a disturbance happens, which was not a lot. However, there are overbearing families that tend to cause troubles.

"Hey you, the brat from the Astor family," a burly young man said with his goonies behind him as they formed a semi-circle around Max and Lyla.

Sfx *whistle*

"Oy, oy, look at this beauty with this brat." The young men started to approach Max and Lyla while making whistle noises as they checked Lyla out.

Lyla went behind Max, trying to avoid the disgusting faces of the young men as they look at her appearance.

Max started to feel annoyed at the young men in front of him as they were in a hurry. He did not want to cause a commotion in the streets. He was aware that the noblemen did not look kindly at his status as they took him for a disabled or retarded person. He did not think that someone would be able to recognize him just by wearing the crest of the family.

He did not know who the person is but judging from the crest on his chest, he was sure it was the family crest of the second largest and influential family in the kingdom. They were overbearing and always against their family's way of doing things. They were the Blackett family, his mother had told him that these people are far from trustworthy and kind. They were a huge supporter of the slave industry especially the ones that capture other races. They own a large percentage of brothels in the capitals, it was one of the main reasons why the Blackett family had a large support from the other noble houses.

"Hey brat, why don't you give this girl to me. I have more uses with her than someone like you." The man from the Blackett family said while he looked at Max with disdain. He, who thinks that anything and everyone was beneath him, could get whatever he wanted as long as he wanted something.

His goonies were preparing to take Lyla when they heard a loud thud.

The burly young man from the Blackett family suddenly fell straight, face first on the floor. He did not stand up as if he had fainted. The goonies were surprised to find their leader not moving. Before they could help him, they realized that the two people who were standing in front of them a moment ago just disappeared.

2