Chapter 49: Returning (2)
313 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why did you run away Max?" Lyla asked wondering why Max who should be able to take care of those young men easily. But he chose to run away instead of fighting which puzzled her.

"They are only kids who use their house's influence to bully other people. Even if I talk with them to straighten them out, I would be only wasting my time. There are more important things that we have to take care of and beating up kids is not one of them." Max said while he continued running with his top speed.

Lyla wondered why Max kept calling the young men kids while they look even older than them. Is it their immature nature or was there another reason.

"Once we reach the mansion, there is nothing they can do to us," Max said in a calm manner and without breaking a sweat as he continued to run.

"But Max, this is your chance to show them that you are not an incompetent person," Lyla said this with indignation. She has heard the rumors spreading around the capital. However, no matter how bothered she was with it, his family was letting it be. How could an outsider like her involve herself with the situation.

"Are you that bothered with people calling me incompetent, idiot or useless?" Max looked right at Lyla's face with a calm gaze, he then continued looking forward as he said. "I do not need the affirmation of outsiders to prove my strength. When I was younger, I thought that it was important to show everyone my own strength so I can have my own way in this society, but thinking deeply about it once I grew older I began to realize that true strength does not come from the affirmation of the masses. The people who have true strength are not in the masse, they spend their own time in isolation or roaming the world while doing what they want."

"Do you think the Blackett family is strong?" Max asked.

Lyla was confused by the question, in their kingdom Max's family and the Blackett family are tied in second place, if she put her way of thinking like that, then yes they are strong. But what does Max truly mean by his question?

Max continued and said, "In this kingdom, they might be one of the strongest, but that is the limit of their strength. This kingdom is one of the many around this world. In this world filled with different races and powers, this kingdom is only a tiny part of this world. They might be contented with the strength that they currently have, they might lord at the citizens of the country all they want but once they step out of the confines of this kingdom, they are nothing more than at the bottom of the barrel, so to speak."

"Master, who I thought was one of the strongest people in this world said that there are powers far greater than his and that I'll be able to know that once I start to roam the world. He is considered one of the strongest in the kingdom." Max was still looking straight ahead while they traveled.

He thought back to what he said in his childhood, but now he realized he was being naïve. His experience in the dungeon made him think that he had improved himself greatly but when he faced the demon, he realized that he needed a lot more to be considered strong.

They arrived at the mansion without a problem and obstruction this time. Once they reached the mansion, Max told Lyla to be prepared to head out anytime.

Max headed for his mother's room using the usual route he always used. The usual soldiers training could be heard, the servants bow their head to greet him when he passed them by as he gave them a small nod with his head as a reply.

Once he reached his mother's room, he knocked at the door and spoke, "Mother I'm back."

"Come in Max." His mother said inside the room.

Max opened the door and closed it gently once he was inside. He stood in front of his mother as he waited for her to put down the book she was reading.

Her mother put down the book and looked at Max, "Why are you back so soon?" his mother asked with the same gentle smile on her face.

"Something happened in the dungeon," Max explained the things he experienced in the dungeon to his mother in full detail.

Max's mother was listening attentively to Max report with a serious expression on her face. Her beautiful eyebrows are scrunched up and her forehead was in a frown.

2