Chapter 50: Returning (3)
316 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max's mother took out a crystal to put all the information Max shared. After which, she used the fastest messenger bird to send to the frontlines. This will take 2 days of flying without any rest. These special kinds of messenger birds are usually used for emergency messages. This shows how important the situation that occurred in the dungeon was.

After sending out the messenger bird, she looked at Max and said, "You made the right decision in heading home and telling me about the matter."

"Mother, the young man from the Blackett family tried to stop me and Lyla earlier. I did not confront them and decided to run with Lyla. I do not know if they will come here to make trouble," said Max with the same relaxed expression.

"Do not worry about that family. You must have met Romi Blackett, I heard he came back after his visit to the nearby kingdom. Their family has always had issues with ours, so this is nothing new. However Max, there are more important matters that we need to discuss." Her mother said in a more serious tone.

"What is it mother?" Max said.

"You told me about the dagger and how you were able to use it in the dungeon?" His mother asked.

"Do not worry mother. I did not divulge any information in the adventurer's guild about the dagger. I just told them that I defeated the demon using a level 5 holy light magic spell. I think it is not hard for them to get that information at the magic towers." Max said unhurriedly.

"Your grandmother should be able to take care of it. I have already explained it in my message. But we might not be able to keep your light magic a secret onwards. Having a spirit partner is a different matter as only a few people know that information but how you defeated the demon will be discussed. You might be called to give additional information. If that happens, just give the same explanation you have given the adventurer's guild."

"I understand mother," Max replied.

"There is one more thing Max. Although it is only a conjecture, there is a high chance that people in high positions are involved in this attack. Remember what happened to you and your sister when you were children? Your father has found out that your uncle is a supporter of one of the extremist cults of the Goddess of Darkness. They have planned to attack the noble houses that are against their decree and teachings. This was a way to weaken our house power by destroying the future generations of the house." Max's mother continued.

"For years your father has been investigating and finding a link to connect to the people in power in the kingdom that has colluded with the extremists from the demon race but they have been able to disguise themselves and hide their traces. It has been very hard to gather evidence as most of the people who were involved are being disposed of one by one. It seems they have assimilated and hidden deep in the kingdom." Her mother's concern could be seen on her face.

Max then said, "Then Uncle..."

Max's mother interrupted Max and said, "2 years after the incident. You're uncle disappeared without a sign. Everything from his family, people, and land has been destroyed. 5 similar cases have been found by your father, and that is the ones he found. We do not know how many have fallen victim to their plans."

"What is their true purpose?" Max was perplexed.

Their kingdom can only be considered as middle tiered compared to other kingdoms. However, the attack from the demon race has been rigorous through the years. He always wondered what the demon race wanted from this kingdom's lands.

"That… We do not know. This has left us puzzled through the years." His mother shakes her head, also wondering about the same thing as Max. "It has been a long time that they have attacked the kingdom, but it was never this rigorous. It started 30 years ago, we do not know the cause but since then they have never stopped. We also found the Goddess of Darkness believers to multiply and her teachings to have spread more in the kingdom. The kingdom does not allow the propagation of the Goddess of Darkness religion as this kingdom is a firm believer of the Goddess of Light's teachings, but it is still successfully integrating into the kingdom."

2