Chapter 53: Front-line (1)
302 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early morning, Max brought Lyla to the same forest his Master brought him to train for the last couple of years. It was Lyla's turn to be "it" while chasing him in the forest. He wanted to use the same method as his master, but he thought that would take more time if he did not guide Lyla step by step.

Lyla does not have any problems with her aura control. It would be helpful for her movement. However, what Max noticed was the lack of awareness by Lyla. She was not able to perceive her surroundings in a manner to make the environment advantageous to her. She uses her vision and waits for the monsters to make a move. In a sense, this is not incorrect but like a game of chess, the people who are able to take steps ahead of his opponent has a higher chance of winning.

Days and nights pass as the two immerse themselves in rigorous training.

Contrary to what Max and her mother believed, there was no news from the adventurer's guild. He was not called upon to make further explanations with regards to the recent events in the dungeon. There was no news spreading in the capital, this confirmed their deductions that someone is trying to keep everything a secret. Considering that something that big happened in the dungeons and how many lives were lost, this was something the kingdom should have made a move together with the adventurer's guild and the magic towers.

"Was there someone in the adventurer's guild that is controlling the information?" Max had these thoughts when reports from the family intelligence came to them.

They continued to observe the capital and the kingdom regarding any news but the capital continued its lively atmosphere.

His grandmother's reply was simple, "Wait for my instructions, Max's master will be arriving soon in the capital."

Max wondered if it was possible that their message would be intercepted. "Is this why grandmother had to relay her message to master instead of the messenger bird?" Max thought to himself.

There are only a few people that her grandmother trusted. His master was one of those few people. Someone his grandmother and grandfather spent their lives with through their adventuring days. They have experienced things from life to death. They have learned to survive through times with their teamwork and cooperation.

Another thing that Max was waiting for is the Blackett's family's retaliation. Their family was known for taking revenge for whatever grievance they experience. Although Max was not at fault in their encounter, the young man from the Blackett family did suffer from humiliation considering that he fainted with just one swipe of Max's foot. If it was any regular day, the people from the Blackett family would have been parading in the streets asking for "justice" from the King for being "treated unjustly".

Max did not have to wait long to get his answers as his Master arrived in a couple of days.

His Master looked at Max with a penetrating gaze. Max did not flinch from his Master's gaze as he was already used to it since his childhood. On the other hand, Lyla felt that the person in front of her could devour her soul whole just from the way he was looking. Her body became stiff from the aura exuding from Max's Master.

"Welcome back Master," Max said with a small bow to show his respect. Lyla also bowed without saying a word.

"Come, let us meet with your mother and discuss your grandmother's wishes," his master started heading for Max's mother's location without uttering any words or discussions.

Max knocked on his mother's door and introduced their arrival. Once he opened the door, he saw his mother approaching them and gave his Master a curtsy.

"Sir Evander, thank you for taking the time to visit our humble abode. Please sit down and have some tea." His mother served them tea and snacks while they found their seats. The people present in his mother's room were him, his Master and Lyla.

His master took a couple of sip before stating the reason why he was sent, "You're grandmother wants you to come with me to the frontlines. The war has started to become fiercer as the enemies continued their attacks. She cannot leave your grandfather's side at the moment. She is worried about the incantation that the demon used on you." Max's Master, Evander said this while looking at Max.

Max's Master, Evander continued, "If it was from the ancient era's demon language, there is no one who will be able to discern it in the kingdom. However, there is one race that will be able to help you. The Elves that are living deep in the forest with the Tree of Life are the only race that may have any information. Your grandmother has made preparations for you to move from the frontlines to the Elven forests once their envoy arrives."

His mother and Lyla showed surprise in their face as they did not expect anything was serious with Max. "He did not show any difference from his usual routine. He was very healthy in terms of his body's condition," Anna said.

"That may be so but as we do not know the effects of the incantation the demon used, having more information about it would be beneficial to Max for whatever event might occur in the future." His Master said conclusively.

His mother nodded in approval as there was nothing to lose with checking on Max's condition. Once everything was concluded, it was decided that Max will be accompanied by his Master as they journeyed to the frontlines of the battle.

2