Chapter 56: Front-line (4)
270 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max woke up feeling refreshed after his sleep. Once he stretched his body, he noticed the monkey sitting on a rock while eating soup with a spoon.

The monkey with its prominent golden crown looked at Max noticing someone was observing it. The monkey gave a "huf" then continued to eat its soup, its human-like behavior makes you wonder if it was a human in its past life.

Max observed the monkey while it ate with a spoonful of soup, eating with its legs crossed like a proper lady while enjoying its meal. He was fascinated by how this monkey could turn into a gorilla if it wanted to, it has the speed and power that can rival a master swordsman and the behavior of a human being.

Max got a waft of what the monkey was eating and his stomach grumbled, he remembered that he has not eaten anything since yesterday. Looking up, it seems like daybreak was upon them.

Once the monkey heard the grumbling noise of Max's stomach, it made a "ki ki" sound and with a huff and puff ignored Max once again while showing off her food. Max was salivating from the smell of the soup and stood up to get some, however, the monkey suddenly turned into her gorilla form and stopped Max from stepping forward towards the pot of hot soup.

"Step aside monkey," Max said to the Gorilla monkey, hearing this Preya looked at Max and frowned.

Max did not want to deal with the temperamental monkey as they might move out any minute.

Once the monkey heard Max's tone of voice, her fur bristled and she started to show her fangs. Max was confused by the monkey's attitude, as he had only woken up. The only thing that came to his mind was this is his Master's doing. Taking a fighting stance as he checked his surroundings, it was instinctual or habitual.

Once the monkey named Preya saw Max's stance she instantly attacks with all her strength. She used her hands to throw punches and jabs while adding some feints into the mix.

This was the first time Preya used this attack pattern on Max which caused him to be surprised and show some openings. Preya did not hesitate to attack the openings from her faints and used her full force to hit Max. She succeeded in hitting Max's body but Max was able to avoid and parry some.

Max took a couple of steps back to calm himself. He had underestimated the enemy, he thought he knew the enemy well due to their previous sparring's but that was a mistake.

Preya seemed proud of herself as she huffed while hitting her chest.

Max fixed his position and was about to head straight for the trees in their surroundings. He wanted to use the trees and use the same tactic that he used at the forest. However, before he could step out, he heard his Master's voice.

"That is enough for today, we will be heading out soon. Eat some food as I will only give you a couple of minutes." His master said while going back to his meditation.

The monkey Preya turned back into her small stature with a "ki ki" sound as if telling Max that it was his loss.

Max ignored the small monkey and made sure to eat his fill. He was not sure when is the next time they will stop. Once he finished eating, his master stood up and with a swipe of his hand kept all of the things in his ring.

"Pretty convenient," Max thought as he watched his Master's action. It still felt surreal when he see's other people use it. Though he had one himself, he still felt that he was lucky he ended up in this magical world.

His Master ran without a word while the monkey was still on his Master's shoulder looking at him with a hint of disdain. He could not do anything to the arrogant monkey in front of him so he decided to run after his Master instead.

He thought back to the attack pattern of the monkey, it was fast and precise. If he used his dagger while using that attack pattern, he was sure he would be able to improve a lot. Add stealth to that, and then he should be able to defeat enemies in quick succession.

Max was moving further and further away from being a swordsman.

...

Max did not know exactly where their position was, were they half-way there?

Two-thirds?

One-thirds?

He had no clue as the surrounding once again turned into a blur.

"This must be how little kids get caught by kidnappers on earth. Give them some candies then ride them in a fast moving vehicle so they won't be familiar with the place." He thought.

Max was fine with maps and finding his bearing like in the dungeon. However, it was different now as he could only feel his body moving forward without being able to identify his surroundings. He studied the map heading for the frontlines himself, there are some landmarks that one can use. But he passed out and only found himself in what seems to be a forest.

Half-way through Max was only focused on running.

Max was from a world that uses GPS to help with finding locations. Although they were not rich, he was familiar with it. How he wished he was able to use something similar to that so he would never get lost. He suddenly thought of Lumi, "are they able to provide assistance with locations and bearings?" He thought to himself and decided to ask Lumi once they reached the frontlines. Since Lumi was able to transmit her thoughts now, he wondered if there are other ways he could use to his advantage.

2