Chapter 62: Front-line (10)
259 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grandmother Milana was not aware of Max's thoughts. She continued with her story, "It might be because you are a high-rank light magus that you survived the spell the demon used on you, but since we do not know what exactly it was, we decided to ask help from Verdi. I suppose you remember her?"

His grandmother's question woke Max from his reverie, "Yes, I remember." Max answered while reminiscing the first elf woman he has seen in this world. She was a breath-taking beautiful lady, it threw his expectations over the roof. He thought that every other elf he would see would be the same otherworldly existence as Verdi but he was gravely mistaken.

She was different. She had a special aura that surrounded her body. Max could not feel the same special feeling with the other elves that he has encountered so he decided to ask his grandmother, "Grandmother is Verdi different from other elves?"

Milana looked at Max with squinting eyes wondering what her grandson means by different.

Max seeing his grandmother's expression, he became puzzled after which he realized that his grandmother might have misunderstood his words. "She feels different compared to other elves. She seems to be giving off a different aura. I have not seen any other elf with the same kind of ability. I do not know how to explain it myself because I had met her once but her presence had left a huge impact." Max wondered if he was able to explain into words what he means as he looked at his grandmother.

Milana nodded once she hears Max's explanation. Although it may have sounded vague, what he felt cannot be perceived by normal individuals. One must have a high sensitivity to mana in the environment, to be able to perceive Verdi's aura. If Max was asking her if Verdi is special, then she cannot deny that fact.

"Verdi is special as she is a high elf. High elves are the epitome of what a perfect elf would be. The tree of life has accepted their existence and shares their aura as a form of blessing. It means they are connected with the tree of life. I believe you understand how important and mystical the tree of life is."

Max nodded his head.

Watching Max's action, Milana continued, "Most people believe that high elves are born as one but that is far from the truth. Their existence changes once they are given the blessing from the tree of life. The tree of life picks them because of their attributes and ability to perceive mana. Mainly, their body should be able to absorb the blessing the tree of life offers in order to become a high elf."

Milana gazed at her grandson with a smile while saying, "I hope that answers your question as to why she is special. However Max, why do you feel that she is special? Are you also able to perceive the same mana the tree of life provided them? Did your body feel a resonance with her aura?"

Max tried to recall his encounter with Verdi, in fact, it was not hard as he still remembers her slight movements and gesture which made him follow her movements with his eyes. It felt like it was yesterday that he had met her. That was how big the impact Verdi left on him but he never thought it was a resonance with her aura. Now that his grandmother asked him, he did feel that there was something in Verdi that was somewhat beckoning his consciousness.

His consciousness…

That was it. Deep down inside something was calling from the very depths of his soul as if asking him, beckoning him to do something. Max faced his grandmother and explained what he had felt at the time. Milana gave a knowing smile and did not ask more from Max instead she said, "You will find out more about it. Verdi should be able to explain it to you more clearly."

"What is more important now is to figure out what the demon did to you. Demon's from different planes are scary existence as they have their own incantations, systems and spells. It is shrouded in mystery, even with all the books we have collected through the passage of time."

Max nodded his head, he agreed on this matter.

"For now, I want you to help the infirmary by healing the wounded soldiers. Train the other light magicians if you will. I know you have not interacted with other mages but your level is far superior compared to them. But remember to use spells because it is not known that you have a familiar spirit." Milana gave this as her last piece of advice before letting Max go to the infirmary.

2