Chapter 64: Front-line (12)
247 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days have passed and the tension between the human soldiers and the demons are in an all-time high. They continue to move forward little by little and started to organize their ranks as more demons appear. Their movements became brazen as they started to taunt the soldiers in the fortress.

However, his grandfather did not want to attack outside of the fortress because of the recent reports by their scouts. More demons are arriving at the southeast side from their location. The numbers are now close to 30,000 while the soldiers in the fortress are totaled at merely 15,000 soldiers.

Naturally, the humans took it upon themselves to prepare the magic canons and barriers to work at any moment. Other artilleries are prepared while prompting the soldiers to be prepared for battle at any time.

Milana visited Max frequently to teach him the original magic she created. Max had been ardent in finding out how she was able to create it. She was proud of her own creation and willingly shared the fine points in order to cast the spell.

Little by little, Max was able to grasp the magic construct but he needs more time to be able to cast it properly which made him work harder.

...

The infirmary has accepted Max's existence.

At first, they were prejudiced as they thought he was a pampered young master from a noble family. However, they saw Max was not slacking with work in the infirmary. The past 2 days the infirmary had been busier as they had to move and prepare anything that might seem necessary. They were few in numbers and there were some heavy lifting to be done. Most of the light mages who have frail constitutions could be seen having a hard time but Max took it upon himself to finish and move everything to take up the slack. They felt apologetic with their actions after which they started conversing with Max.

They soon found out that his understanding of light magic was profound and his mana reserves were huge. Looking at how young Max was, they could see his limitless potential as he grows further as a mage. They were very curious about how this young mage developed his magic when he was younger, so they asked him a lot of questions. Max shared how he learned from his mother while his grandmother would send him books. However, he did not share his training with his Master as that was training for aura and body control.

Max and his fellow light mages started exchanging conversations and knowledge while they were not busy in the infirmary. The other light mages learned that Max's way is different from theirs. He was able to alter the incantation but still manage to produce a stronger effect for the spell which made them curious.

The usual way in incantations and spells were to follow it word for word in order to have the best results. It is written in the books that they have read and from the lessons at the school of magic they attended. They wondered if it was a matter of talent or if he was not restricted with his learning process since he was given free reign by his mother and grandmother to learn on his own.

Although the people were curious and wanted to ask more questions, the sudden noise from outside the fortress made everyone stop what they were doing. It was not the regular sound of bugles for the war but the noise from the people outside was loud to reach the far ends of the infirmary which made them curious. They all hurriedly went to the doors to take a glimpse of the reason behind all the fanfare.

Max thought differently and climbed at a tall tree near the infirmary. He looked at the people at the infirmary, seeing everyone was busy. He leaped with mana imbued on his feet, and with a couple of steps, he reached the highest peak. From there he could finally see what was happening.

In the middle of a sea of people, there stood a lone figure covered in a green cloak. The soldiers used their shields as they gathered in formation to lock the figure inside the barricade. Max did not see what happened from the beginning, but he assumed the person suddenly appeared in the middle of the grounds without any sign.

Max's eyes glittered in expectation.

Teleportation!

Someone was able to teleport within the fortress even with all of the barriers installed. How high must his magic be to be able to infiltrate by using his pure magic power alone.

The person in the cloak kept still, he did not look hostile as he waited in the middle of the soldier's formation. The soldiers did not move from their spot as if awaiting orders from their officers.

It did not take long for his grandmother to arrive and commanded the soldiers to disperse. The soldiers did not question her orders and gave her a salute as they left in order.

Her grandmother welcomed the stranger with a welcoming smile as they walk towards the infirmary together.

2