Chapter 65: Envoy
290 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A space magician!

One of the rarest attributes, it was said that space magicians are few in numbers. Although it was also an innate talent that one is born with, the people who are accounted for in the whole kingdom can be counted in one finger. In the kingdom, no one is alive or capable of making a teleportation matrix. The matrix that is left in the dungeons was made from decades ago, by the adventurer's guilds main branch.

This was the reason why spatial items are rare and expensive in the kingdom. They have to get it from an outside source which makes the merchants jack up the price. Now that the kingdom is under unrest, many merchants are using this opportunity to increase the prices of their products, adding the reason that the kingdom does not have its own teleportation matrix, which causes their expenses in traveling and transporting to increase. This might have been reasonable if using a transportation matrix was not expensive in the first place.

Max hurriedly followed after his grandmother who is accompanying the visitor. They were headed for his grandmother's quarters with a normal speed, Max was able to catch up with them in no time. He did not hide his presence and appeared in front of his grandmother with a polite greeting.

"Grandmother." Max bowed his head to his grandmother and the visitor as a sign of respect.

"Come Max." That was all his grandmother said as they continued walking the pathway heading for her quarters.

Max lifted his head and took a glance at the visitor. The face was covered with the cloak which makes it difficult to identify the person. The green cloak was big as it hides the body shape of the person. The only thing he could see was the long strands of platinum silver hair that was fluttering with the blowing of the wind.

They reached his grandmother's quarters and went inside.

Once they were inside, the person removed the hood of the cloak that was covering his face. The person had an androgynous face. Max was not sure if the person was male or female but basing on the structure of the body when removing the cloak, he concluded the person to be male.

He had a tall and lean figure, he was a head taller than Max. Elves had been known for their lithe figures, they are beautiful and stunning which leaves the people in a dazed state. The person standing in front of him was no different, his elegant and graceful figure is incomparable to the nobles living in the kingdom. The nobles in the kingdom usually think that they are high class, but compared to the elf in front of him they are worlds apart.

His face can only be described as perfect. Everything was accentuating the different parts of his face that enhances his beauty and of course, the elven ears that Max has been fascinated by since his past life. He has wondered how sensitive the ears of elves are but without a test subject, we can only wonder until that time came.

"Sit down and make yourself comfortable Orville. You too, Max," Milana said as she took teacups from the cupboard. She was preparing some tea and light snacks for the visitor.

"Thank you, Milana." The elf Orville said as Milana put down the tea and snacks. He was observing Max with interest. His eyes were glistening like stars as he looked at Max with his piercing gaze.

Max felt a sudden chill and became uncomfortable from the piercing eyes of Orville. He was wondering why the elf was looking at him intently.

"This is your grandson, Max?" Orville said while nodding his head a few times as if finding Max to his liking.

"Yes, like what I have mentioned in the letter. All the important details had been sent to Verdi. I believe you have all the information necessary to make a judgment." Milana said.

Orville was sipping some tea when his face suddenly became serious." There is something which concerns me." He looked at Max when he said this.

"What is it Orville?" Milana asked. Max was sitting still at the corner not interrupting the discussion of the two adults.

"Where is your spirit partner?" Orville asked this question at Max.

Max looked at his grandmother. His grandmother gave him a nod to show that he can trust Orville to tell the story.

It was something that involved the dagger her grandmother gave him so he does not know if he could share such information, but given his grandmother's approval, he unhesitatingly said the story in the dungeon.

"Lumi is currently recuperating as she cannot materialize herself in the material world at the moment." Max said with a bit of sadness in his tone.

"I see. No wonder. This might be more complicated than it seems Milana. I am glad I was the one who came." Orville said this which made Milana surprised.

"I was also wondering why you were the one who came." Milana has had some doubt due to Orville's arrival. Max might not be aware of Orville's status but he has a high standing in the elven forest. Only a few people can request Orville to move.

Orville gave a charming smile as he gazes at Max." It was Verdi's request so I cannot decline." Orville swirled the remaining tea in his cup and smiled mischievously. "I am also curious as to whom my younger sister gave her pact too."

Max was jolted from his seat when he heard this. He felt electricity started to course his body. The sudden mention of the pact that happened when he was young was something that he had been curious about. Hearing it was a request from Verdi and Orville's reaction, the pact might have a deeper meaning aside from being a friend to the elves.

2