Chapter 67: Black Mist (2)
237 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max felt that he was watching himself in a movie, as his consciousness was not inside his body. "My compatibility with succubus must be really high as they keep on approaching me." Max laughed dryly as he had these thoughts in his sub-conscious.

He could see everything that was happening outside of his body but he did not have control of it. He was wondering what kind of special skill this beautiful succubus have that he was unable to control his actions once he stared into her eyes. "It might be hypnotism." Max was oddly calm even when the succubus removed her hair ornament ready to pierce through his heart.

The succubus chanted something as dark energy started to fluctuate around her body, once she was finished chanting the dark energy gathered at the hair ornament. She motioned her hand to stab his heart.

Sfx *thwack*

The succubus was surprised how Max was able to hold her hand before she was able to stab his heart. It was unimaginable how a mage at his level would be able to remove her control. She was sent to assassinate Max as her skill was the most appropriate. They have been monitoring Max since he moved from the dungeons to the frontlines and they knew it was their biggest chance to attack.

They knew that Orville arrived earlier and if they wanted to attack, this was the only chance they had. They knew there would be at risk but never in her mind, never in her wildest thoughts something like this would happen.

It was not only the succubus who was startled with the situation. Max who was watching by the side was also surprised as he looked at his immaterial body. He was not the one who controlled his body which made him more curious than the succubus. They were both staring at the unconscious body of Max which suddenly opened his eyes.

The succubus gasped as she stared into the eyes of Max. She felt she was staring at the never-ending universe. His piercing gaze jolted her body as she felt every fiber of her being was being suppressed by his stare. She felt her body losing control as her mind continued to delve deeper into his eyes. She could not remove her gaze even though alarm bells are ringing in her mind.

Max was staring at his body and he felt the sudden change was incomprehensible. His body then looks at the space where he was, Max was able to see the eyes of his body change. The pupil turned pitch black, dark with no light in them. The next moment, constellations seemed to sparkle in them as his body continued to stare at his immaterial body. It was mystical as he felt absorbed with the way his eyes moved.

"#$@@@** #& &@@ *&^&!." His mouth moved and words were spoken.

However, Max could not understand what his body said. The words spoken were unknown but he felt they were familiar. Everything felt surreal as there was still a connection to his body even without his control.

Sfx*clang ding*

Once his body finished his words, the succubus was so surprised that she let her hair ornament go. It fell to the floor with a clanging sound and the dark energy fluctuated and dissipated. Yet the succubus did not seem to care as she continued staring at Max's body. Her eyes were as big as saucers as her mouth was open wide. She removed her tail that was on Max's waist and her hand which was holding his chin. Max's body stood on its own two feet while he stood majestically with an aura which was surely not Max's own.

Her body was trembling and she could not help herself as she kneeled down on the floor, prostrating herself.

Max was baffled by the sudden change of attitude from the succubus. She was acting haughty and full of herself a minute ago. He was sure the change happened when his eyes opened and he stared at the succubus. He wanted to know what the words his body said which made the succubus tremble and prostrate herself in fear.

"@*&^^#% @**#&!" His body said something once more and the succubus was finally able to lift her head. She looked at Max's body, but this time her expression was filled with adoration. Although Max wanted to know more, he had a bigger problem with his current situation.

"Will I be able to take my body back."

When he uttered those in his sub-conscious his body suddenly stared at him. He felt a sudden chill crept up his immaterial body. He did not know how his spirit separated from his body in the first place. When everything started, he felt something inside his body kick his consciousness. It happened so fast that he was also unaware himself how everything happened in detail.

"*&&#^ ^##@**&@!" His body uttered more words at the succubus.

The succubus as if realizing something looked at my body and nodded. She stood up as black smoke covered her body, picking up her ornament and looking at my body filled with devotion before disappearing with the dissipating smoke in the air.

Once the succubus was gone, my body made a grabbing motion to my conscious and everything turned black.

1