Chapter 69: Son
236 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max felt the same as he looked into the eyes of the being without a form. His aura that was oozing from his immaterial body could be felt from afar. It was able to maintain and build a place covered, and protected by the darkness trait even while it was being oppressed by the lightness trait. This was unimaginable as it shows how powerful the being he is now facing. The force of the many could only restrain the force of one being.

Max looked into its eyes without fear. He has already seen it in the outside world while wearing his body. What baffled Max was, "why did it not take the opportunity to take over his body while his spirit was outside?"

Lumi's body was trembling as they stood in front of the being. She was still standing beside him. However, it might have been their contradicting natures which cause this reaction.

The being looked calmly at the 2 intruders in his abode, but it did not say anything. He was only observing the two's reaction with a hint of playfulness in his eyes. Max could not take it anymore as he started to ask his question. "What are you doing here?"

The being looked at Max with a curious gaze as his eyes started to sparkle like countless stars. "It is good to see you, Son of the Goddess of Light." The being's words were slow, calm and quiet, and yet there was a certain strength that Max and Lumi could feel bombarding their spirits.

Max looked confusedly, "What do you mean?"

"HA HA HA…"

Laughter boomed into the whole palace and the distance. It sounded like thunder. It took a while before the being stopped with his laughter and composed himself. He looked as if he was thinking before continuing with his words.

"This is interesting. I wonder what she is planning at a time like this." His eyes had a new glimmer in them as he looked into Max's soul. His scrutinizing gaze made Max feel that every fiber of his being is being unfolded by the being in front of him.

"Since that is the case, I will watch from here until I can discover the purpose the Goddess has for you." The being suddenly disappeared right before their eyes. A path was suddenly formed for them. It seems the being did not want to continue any discussions as Max was not aware himself.

Max was disappointed as he did not gain much information from the being. However, there are some things that he found out. First, it was the Goddess of Light who called upon his soul to be transferred to his current body. Second, he is safe from the being living inside his consciousness, for now. Lastly, He was sent into this world for a certain purpose.

One thing Max questioned is the title the being had called him. 'Son of the Goddess of Light.'

What is the title for?

Does it have any significance in this world?

How was the being able to find out about this?

Questions kept piling on the back of his head as he and Lumi walked out of the being's abode. Once they were outside, the curtain slowly closed and darkness filled the whole surrounding once more.

"Lumi will you be able to come out of my consciousness?" Max asked.

"The being was restricting my powers, therefore, I was not able to come out even if I wanted to."

Lumi looked sad and defeated as she mentioned this. She did her best to lock the being inside the space but the burden was too big for her to leave the being alone inside by itself.

It was like what happened earlier as the being was able to control Max's body. There was only a slight repose in Max's spirit being controlled but the being was able to use the opportunity to control Max's body. She did her best to control the being and not let it out, but with a sudden surge of its strength, it was able to break free from their control.

Max could see the pain Lumi was feeling as he tried to comfort her, "its fine Lumi, I know you did your best." He smiled and gently patted her head to show affection.

Lumi closed her eyes as she savored the warmth her master was showing her. Max has always been filled with warmth, or better yet with light. It was that beacon which called her from afar to move to his side. It was also the reason which made her form a contract with him as she wanted to accompany him wherever he might go. She did not want to be separated from him as there was light inside him.

This light was spreading all around Max without his notice. Few are able to identify this like Lumi and the being inside his consciousness.

1