Chapter 22
11.8k 31 144
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All of us had resumed our search for the herb again. During our search, we managed to encounter a variety of chimaeras. Some with the head of a rat and with the body representing the form of a horse, a group of small bipedal pigs with hunchbacks, a lion with the forelimbs replaced with that of a bat, almost like a feline wyvern.

 

It was a fantastical yet morbid sight. Usually, dungeons consisted of only one or two types of monsters within them but in here there were so many variations that it made hard to identify each and every chimaera. Technically chimaeras come under one class of family but their diversity can be endless.

 

We had even managed to encounter a Tusker during this search but Feon and Ciela made quick work of it. I was at first afraid regarding the lack of a vanguard which generally the hero or warrior would take the position of, but it seems this sort of difficulty was just a child’s work for them.

 

Feon was great at crowd control, often turning most monsters stunned or immobile while Ciela took the kills one by one. The Tusker couldn’t last the onslaught of their combination, each step was obstructed by magic while his vitals kept getting pierced by the archer.

 

I just stood there standing and picking up items while the others continued their massacre. Thankfully it didn’t take long till we had ample amounts of the Lefereuge herbs. Adrian and Riam should’ve also collected enough herbs for us to complete the quest.

 

We returned to the spot we had been separated and started to wait. Both I and Feon conducted some casual conversations while Ciela kept idle, waiting for the others to return. After a few minutes of resting, Adrian and Riam had returned.

 

Adrian quickly rushed towards me and leapt onto my chest. The reactions were comparatively less extreme than before as if they expected this to occur. I guess Adrian’s previous drastic actions had quickly changed the status quo, it might actually be a win for Adrian in the end.

 

Feon and Ciela still didn’t seem to be pleased by this sight, as for Riam, she had stopped caring long ago.

“Riela, I got hurt on my face. Could you heal me?” Adrian asked with upturned eyes. There was a small scratch on his cheek which was barely noticeable. I gave a nod before putting my palm near Adrian’s cheek.

 

But that wasn’t enough for Adrian, he holds onto my hand and pushed it right into his soft supple cheeks. I couldn’t help but be embarrassed by this slightly. Though we had a fair share of hugs, it was more in a comforting sense rather than a loving manner for me. Putting my palm against Adrian’s face seemed a lot more intimate in that regard.

 

“Ahem, could you heal him already?” Feon spoke in a displeased voice. Noticing that I had gotten lost in the moment I ended up getting more flustered. Without realizing I had been staring deeply into Adrian’s eyes. I promptly started healing after that. Adrian ended up giving an irritated side glance towards Feon who had interrupted the moment for him.

 

“Minor healing!” I chanted as a soft green glow emerges from my palm which ends up swirling around his cheek. Before long the scratch is gone, Adrian’s cheek was back to normal without any form of blemishes. Having received my healing Adrian gave a happy grin.

 

“Thank you Riela!” he exclaims. Unexpectedly he closes into my cheek and gives a soft peck. My reddening cheeks turn into a darker shade. Damn, I was already imagining Adrian being a girl. Get your mind back on track Alex! 

 

Adrian gives a soft giggle upon seeing my reaction. His actions are honestly a bit too cute. Adrian was going a bit too into the offensive, as if he wanted to make our relationship progress into something else. I needed to do something before our relationship took a step towards the wrong path. It’s possible that Adrian was showing such intimacy only because he believed I was a girl.

 

Maybe I should break the news to him that I was a boy. It could work out in my favour and our relationship as friends could be regained. Obviously this was the best-case scenario. It might turn out worse than expected, with Adrian’s already worn heart being torn to shreds.

 

I calmed my thoughts after giving Adrian’s head a light pat. It was do or die. I needed to tell him the truth at some point. I decided that I would tell him the secret when both of us were alone. Feon seemed quite annoyed after seeing the ordeal, perhaps due to the affection showed by Adrian.

 

Both of us got up and resumed walking together with the party. Similar to before the party kept moving ahead while Adrian and I were walking in the back. It seemed the distances between him and the others would be hard to fix for now.

 

---

 

Finally, we reached the guild. Inside Feon submitted the quest which was rewarded with a hefty chunk of money. We end up dividing the money in equal proportions, including my share despite me having not done much.

 

Eventually, we go off in our own ways. The rest of the members leave one by one until only me and Adrian are left to our devices. We were both already out of the guild but none of us left yet. I muster up my courage to reveal the big truth to Adrian.

 

“Adrian.” I speak in a heavy tone.

“Yes?” Adrian replies in slight nervousness, maybe due to how serious I seemed.

“I need to tell you a secret.”

Adrian doesn’t say anything more, waiting for me to reveal the secret to him

I take a deep breath and clear my thoughts. My anxiety lessened a bit after doing that. It was time to spill the beans.

 

“Adrian, I am actually a boy.”

I wait for him to reply but I had already clenched my eyes while I said that. I was already imagining the heartbroken expressions he could be making, despair filling his eyes as tears come flowing out. I wanted to reject that possibility and tried to escape it by closing my eyes, I was just too weak to see such an expression on Adrian’s face.

 

“I already knew.”

My eyes fling open as I look at him with shock. Though my disguise wasn’t perfect I don’t think it could be seen through so easily. Adrian was giving a knowing smile to me, for how long did he know about it?

 

“When did you find out?” I ask in disbelief.

“When you hugged me the first time idiot, your chest was just too flat and taut for me to not notice. I confirmed the feeling numerous times whenever I hugged you.”

I heard his words in shock. My disguise was already ineffective right from the beginning. I felt so dumb after finding out about this.

 

“Since you told me your secret… I guess I should tell you mine too.” Adrian said shyly. I await his reply as he twiddles his thumbs. Before I know it, he lunges towards me with his head landing right beside my ear.

 

“I am actually a girl.”

144