Chapter 1
29.7k 12 251
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Loading... Loading...

 

I was staring at the screen for who knows how long. I started feeling drowsy despite it not being possible.

A bunch of random flavour text was displayed which didn't make much sense. There was nothing to do so I continued browsing the shop during that time.

For some odd reason, the staff person kept staring at me. Though it couldn't really stare, I could still feel it's burning gaze. 

 

I doubt I had been with this new person ever before. The words she said to me when I was waking up and other such behaviour struck me as slightly odd, but it's not as if it was my first time I was meeting an employee with a weird quirk.

The atmosphere grew awkward so I asked “it” its name to break the tension.

"My name? You can call me Reli, I am happy you asked."

 

If it had a visage I could probably see it smiling right now. I wasn’t sure but did it just inch closer to me?

Leaving those thoughts behind I focused on the loading bar which was nearly about to finish.

 

"Thanks for your service Reli, I will need to leave soon but our short meeting was nice."

"Oh you don't need to worry, we will meet each other quite soon."

 

I didn't pay much attention to her words, realizing it had a habit of being playful I shrugged off anything that might seem odd.

The loading bar finally finished after the neverending wait and I soon clicked enter.

Reli looked at me and said, "Goodbye, we will meet soon dear~".

 

I waved my hand at it and soon my vision blanked out. My conscious grew dim as a familiar feeling attacked me again.

...

 

By the time my senses came back to me, I felt my body was entirely different.

It seemed I had turned into a newborn but despite so it didn't feel like the normal process of someone birthing a baby.

 

Is it due to the asexual reproduction setting that I had set? Despite filling so many settings the world would still be left incomplete if I were to decide everything by myself. Conveniently, the system patched the holes in the settings which I didn't mention by myself. With the help of Reli, the process of creation had been made much faster than before.

 

This one might be the result of the “auto-patch” thing but I was not entirely sure.

"User Xer, we are the Souls Department speaking. We have been chosen to support you during your growth period until you enter early childhood, approximately 7 years old; the age you unlock your status screen. We hope our service matches your expectations."

 

This came to be a surprise but as a pretty decent one. Usually, the newborn stage sucks and it may result in an early death too.

With the staff in charge working along with me, things should work out much more efficiently. I should even be able to order them around also if I became capable of conveying my thoughts somehow.

 

"We also have brought along a mind communication device in case you ever need to speak your thoughts."

Well, this was awfully convenient, not that I was complaining. They soon implanted the device near my head, allowing me to 'talk'.

 

"How many workers will be looking over me?"

"Just 2 sir, both will take the place of the guardians as your mother and father."

"Is Reli among any of you"

"Sorry sir, but the personnel you mentioned isn't taking the position of your guardian."

"Well it's alright, let's get along during this period"

"Yes, sir."

 

Throughout this period I could make out from my hearing that only one person was talking to me which sounded quite feminine. In the following days, my 'father figure' came to visit me.

Apparently, the area we were living at was in some cottage inside the forest. According to the info given, there was a city right next to our location just a few kilometres west.

 

It was an alright house with a bedroom, toilet and a living room along with a few additional rooms for other affairs.

I did pretty much nothing except having the staff take care of me.

My newborn period flashed by quite quickly. Days felt short for me since I just napped all day.

 

 As some would expect there would be some embarrassing scenes, but as an individual who had gone through countless ventures, I quickly got used to it. 

Each day I was taught some language followed by magic classes. Like most Isekai mangas, the more I utilized my mana during a young age, the more mana I would have.

 

I had started circulating mana by the 3rd day I'd arrived so my mana pool was already off to a big headstart.

There were no pretences between the staff members as they were simply doing their job. They'd just inform and educate me while I grew up.

 

Usually, I would be fed some nutritious syrup and baby food by the staff which was conjured through magic.

There was such a convenient setting added by me as to keep deaths at the minimum outside of dungeons.

I also added a planet expansion setting at the same time which would increase accordingly to the population.

 

I thought it might just work out as a utopian world but who knows.

There was no breastfeeding by the mother figure of course, but I feared if I asked for it then she might actually do it.

 

By the time I had reached the 6th year, I was already being taught aura which was related to physical prowess and magic together, accompanied by slight exercises.

My mana pool was already at a pretty decent size by this time. According to the staff, this wouldn't be possible even with all the following training I did if they were to exclude my high aptitude for fantasy.

 

I guess if you were to compare my mana pool at this point to something then it'd be as big as a lake.

I was starting to doubt what I was doing... Was I getting too strong right at the beginning? I hope it would not raise any complications later.

Around this time the staff mentioned upon their departure, an Emissary from Parlene Faction should arrive. They were the worshippers of a god from this world.

 

She shouldn't be much older than me and will be responsible for taking care of my needs, according to what the staff informed me.

Despite all this, I would still end up missing my mother and father I guess. Though they were doing their job, I could feel the genuine effort they put for taking care of my needs.

 

But in the end, I can't rely on them forever either. I hadn't even met anyone else outside of the staff just because I was so busy either learning or training. 

It would be slightly exciting meeting an inhabitant of this world for the first time. 

Eventually, the time for their departure arrived, they told me it’s about time to choose a name myself.

 

Up until now, I had been referred to as either Sir or sometimes as Xer. I guess it makes sense that I need to make a name for this venture too.

I ended up going with a common name from Earth, Alex. After confirmation that the name didn't sound odd from the staff members, they finally departed.

Only after their departure did I realize I couldn't remember their faces at all.

 

Finally, after they left I was able to get the notification that my status window was unlocked.

_______________________________________________________________

Name: Alex Xer

Class: N/A

HP:  20

 

Mana: 1490

Aura: 959

 

Strength: 50

Stamina: 47

Wisdom: 77

Agility: 15

Luck: 2

-----------------------

Skill List:

N/A

-----------------------

Buffs:

Silence of the Lamb (9 yrs)

_______________________________________________________________

If one were to exclude my enormous Magic and Aura stat, the only weird thing left was the temporary buff "Silence of the Lamb".

 

After I tried to probe more info on it the following window popped up:

 

_______________________________________________________________

Skill Name: Silence of the Lamb

 

Description: Protects the user from the desire of ravenous wolves. Further desc. locked

 

Flavour Text: A parting gift from Reli <3

_______________________________________________________________

 

Despite its vague description, I doubt I had seen any indication of wolves yet. You shouldn't be able to meet any animals outside of dungeons according to some settings I had implemented.

Not to mention it’s from that weird staff member Reli, I am pretty sure she should’ve seen my settings while she was helping along.

 

It was also weird how by the duration it ended, I would’ve reached the age of 16. This had struck me as pretty odd. Despite that, I doubt I could contact the staff anymore, that is unless I were to die.

Ignoring it for the time being, I continued my training my days went on as per usual. It mainly revolved around my training and conjuring food for meals.

 

Today was a bit different though. Right when I was about to sleep, I heard a knock on the door. If you were to compare it to Earth's standards then it would be around 9 PM right now.

Being a child I was supposed to be asleep by this time. Shrugging off my drowsiness, I headed towards the door and slightly struggled to open it.

 

What came before my vision was a white-haired cute child who was around the age of 8 or 9. She had teal blue eyes and long hair.

As for her body, her breast seems to have a slightly noticeable bulge, probably due to the average bust size setting that I had ended up changing. 

 

Upon seeing me her face lit up and rushed to give a hug.

"Little brother, I finally met you!"

I was slightly surprised by how I suddenly was her brother.

 

"Umm, what do you mean by brother?"

She looks at me with giddiness and a big wide grin. Her hand reaches my head as she ruffles my hair.

"Palrene told me I'd find my brother here, and so I did!"

 

I felt a slight headache coming from this interaction. I completely forgot she was still a child. Why the heck did the staff expect her to take care of me?

"Ah, right the goddess, alright... Um, sister...? Is it okay if I were to sleep now?"

Though I tried to act as adult-like as possible, my mannerism still came off as childish.

"Awww you're so cute, I could hug you forever"

 

She said as she lunged at me again and started hugging me. Soon I was in my bed as this girl hugged me like a teddy bear.

Even before I could start sleeping this girl was already asleep; her mouth kept leaking drool on me...

I could already feel my future being pretty annoying but I guess a bit of familial love couldn't be bad right?

 

When we woke up I could finally ask this girl her name. She was called Seris and she had been blessed by the goddess to meet me?

She told me something that my curse had less of an effect on her so she can be more intimate with me but I just ignored her drivel at that point.

From that point onwards, Seris would often try to take responsibility and take care of me. She would forcefully make me bathe together with her, spoon feed and violate my personal space and sleeping time by using me like a hug pillow.

 

She still tried her best with cleaning clothes though. It felt nice someone trying to take care of me genuinely due to a familial bond.

But the worst part was when she started bawling when I decided not to play with her. We would inevitably end up playing some boring husband and wife roleplay.

It was mind-numbingly dumb but I still managed to tolerate it. If I were to leave her she would just cry her eyes out and start clinging to me.

 

I guess I was slowly getting used to it?

251