Chapter 7
17.3k 19 189
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With conflicting emotions, I had reached home. I could see Seris looking expectantly outside of the window, but when she saw me she changed into a grumpy expression. Just seeing that left me with a slight smile but it wasn’t time for that.

She came running out of the house towards me.

 

“Why are you so late!”

“Syris.”

 

Seris looked a bit shaken when I said that, she regained her composure immediately as if the earlier reaction she showed was a lie.

 

“What do you mean…?”

“Syris, it’s your real name right?”

“Where’d you…”

“Syris, an orphan child who was taken in by the Church of Parlene. Has a very high magic aptitude and had also been selected as the next potential candidate for the position of Pope in Pompar. Why did you not tell me all this?”

 

I put up a harsh front while I spoke with a heavy voice, I wasn’t taking any excuses this time. I wanted answers, answers as to why my sister would hide this from me.

Seris just stood there trembling. Soon I could hear hiccups and tears started falling. It was unlike the usual time where she would just shed crocodile tears to get what she wanted. I slightly regretted being so forceful this time but I couldn’t back down now.

 

“Don’t l-leave me” Seris said with a whimpering voice.

“What? No one’s leaving anyone.”

 

Hearing that she ran straight to me and pushed her head and her hands against my chest. She was absolutely shaken for some reason. I embraced her back to console her.

 

“Calm down, I am not leaving, come inside I will make you coffee”

Seris slightly nodded but didn’t leave my shirt, as if she were afraid I would run off at any moment. Her feet weren’t even budging so I had to end up bringing her inside in a princess carry. Putting her on the bed she slowly calmed down.

I couldn’t even make coffee due to how she’d panic if I were to part with her. I’d never seen her feel so defenceless before.

 

“Okay slowly and calmly tell me what’s going on.”

She looked up at me with upturned eyes, as if reluctant to tell me. Slowly her mouth opened and she answered in a meek voice.

 

“I thought you won’t be with me after I told you about it.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“If I told you that I ran away or that I am a missing candidate for the next Pope, you’d force me to take you back. I was also afraid of Parlene Church taking you in after finding out about you, even now I fear that… Please don’t leave me... I love you Alex.”

 

I was a bit taken aback by that confession from Seris. She shouldn’t really use those words while looking so cute, I almost misinterpreted it as something other than familial love.

 

“That’s dumb, what right do I have to dictate you on what you want to pursue? If you don’t want to be a damn Pope you shouldn’t let others decide for you on what you want to do. You should just believe in what you aspire to be.

Also, the church taking me in now is equally dumb. I am already above the eligible age at which I could be admitted to the church. Not to mention you yourself said I am really unattractive so why’d some church run by bigshots want to take me in?”

 

Seris had made a troubled expression when I quoted her about calling me unattractive, it looked like she wanted to say something but held it in.

 

“Thank you…” I could see Seris finally calming down as she made a big smile.

“Can we stay like this for some time.” She asked me while burying her face into my chest.

“Sure.”

 

---

 

Both of us were mentally exhausted that night. We ended up sleeping like logs and we’re already late for school. Both of us rushed to get ready. Seris even started changing in front of me which flustered me to no end. Though I obviously avoided looking directly like a true gentleman though I can’t deny I took a “few” glimpses.

Well, that was before Seris popped right in front of me naked as if she was almost showing off her body to me. Damn, she has grown in all the right areas.

 

I didn’t even have time for breakfast which Seris kept whining about. She compromised with me and said that I need to allow her to garnish the cafeteria lunch at least, not that I minded. By garnish, I think she meant the special sauce she added which I had gotten very used to by now.

While we were both hurrying to get our asses ready I could almost feel a glare at me similar to how I felt in school, but there seemed to be no one in here other than me and Seris.

 

We ran out of the house while I dragged Seris along by the hand. She complained she couldn’t run so fast and asked me to carry her which was obviously a lie, she just wanted to be lazy. I also need to start putting some distance between ourselves otherwise people might get the wrong idea.

 

As we were running, someone just happens to pop up in front of me as if she just teleported there. Honestly, I could just avoid her considering my reaction speed but I just thought of the pros and cons. If I were to collide with her, she might develop into a potential lover similar to how it occurred to those protagonists in harem animes.

Unfortunately, I was neither in a harem anime nor was I a protagonist. Still, a man can hope. I brace for impact as we both collide. I seem to have landed on something soft, jackpot.

 

But there was a problem… I managed to feel something in my mouth… Holy shit did I just steal someone’s kiss due to my “accidental” collision. I feel like a molester now.

I slowly open my eyes to see who I happen to be kissing at the moment. What appeared before me was a pair of eyes I am familiar with before… that violet colour...

 

Before I could even think of what was the identity of the other person I could feel a pair of arms embracing me, reaching right up to my back. Her leg soon leglocks my own legs as her tongue starts actively swirling in my mouth.

W-w-what? She was passionately kissing me, both our tongues intertwining and swirling together without a care in the world. I was overjoyed at this random girl going to such lengths to commit such an obscene act with me.

The air suddenly grew chill, no it literally grew chill from right behind me. While I was stuck kissing this poor victim, I barely managed to take a look behind. What I saw was an asura from the depths of the cold underworld.

 

“This bitch stole brother’s first french kiss while he was awake…” wait what did Seris mean by while he was awake. More importantly, OMG SHE IS ABOUT TO IMPALE BOTH OF US WITH A HUGE FUCKING ICICLE.

Grabbing the girl who was still kissing me despite the immediate danger, I rush away from its trajectory.

 

I could hear a resounding boom behind me as if someone dropped a huge wine glass. I part away from the girl, wait what the hell… she is Yulena! Why did she try to go so far to entice me? I have no idea whatsoever.

As of now, she looked… almost as if she is in ecstasy? I shrug off such thoughts and focus on a bigger threat around us. Seris was fucking mad, I need to make her calm down first.

 

“Seris stop! I am fine she didn’t do anything much!” I scream towards her but she doesn’t react. I could see her lips moving in some murmur but I couldn’t figure out what she was saying. I approach closer to her in an attempt to understand what she was trying to say.

Honestly, I was scared, I had never seen Seris so pissed before. I couldn’t see her eyes as her head was slightly tilting down, forming a shadow on the top of her face.

 

I finally got into audible range to hear the murmur. “Seris what did you say, I couldn’t hear you…” I say to her. “Kiss me…” she replies, I just stood there frozen upon hearing that, trying to process what she said, confused as to whether it was my imagination or not. 

 

Taking advantage of that moment, Seris lunges forwards and steals my lips…

 

Wait… did my sister just fucking french kiss me?

189