45. Adventurers Guild [1]
467 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening the door, Feuer saw a young woman that looked to be no more than 25 years old dressed in a maid outfit, with his expression stoic as ever, he said ''You're the maid that will breastfeed Dämon? I'm grateful for that, I hope you can treat him well, the King called me to the Throne Room..''

The maid looked at his face and noticed that despite how the Princess informed her that he's only 15 years old, he seems to be an adult already, seemingly to have 1,8 meters of height, his appearance could only be described as otherwordly with his stunning light golden-colored hair and silver-colored eyes that seem to see through her soul, trying to look calm and composed, the maid said ''Sir, you do not have to w-worry, I will do my best to take care of your younger brother, rest assured!''

'I... I shuttered...' The maid thought and bowed her head to avoid Feuer seeing her blushing face, the latter, however, just nodded, patted her back and said ''No need to be so nervous, miss!'' an invisible mark was made on the maid, Feuer isn't the kind of person to trust anyone so easily, if any threat was sensed, he would activate that mark and... the ending is predicted.

Feuer then went to the Throne Room, through his [Sense], he found the way easily, ignoring the young maids stares at him as they blushed, he knocked on the Throne Room as a majestic voice that only a King could have was heard ''You may enter...!''

Entering the Throne Room, Feuer saw a middle-aged man with brown-colored hair, despite the majestic aura around him, he looked to be sick, some strands of grey hair could be seen on the King's face, there were some Nobles around him, they are the known 'King Advisors'.

'I wonder why I never met Uncle Ale advisors...' Feuer thought sadly but no change of expression was shown, the King looked at him and said, the Advisors also were looking at him with narrowed eyes ''You're the boy that my daughter, the Princess, met, right? She said that you would save the Kingdom, that the Spirits guided her to you...''

''Indeed, Your Highness, I can help your Kingdom in the crisis that you all are facing, however, you understand that in this world where you need to be strong, nothing is free...'' Feuer said, despite saying 'Your Highness', no trace of respect or servitude could be heard from his voice, one of the Advisors looked at him and shouted

''Kneel in the face of our King, peasant!'' Poor him, doesn't know that if Feuer said that he's not a Noble being, no one in the whole universe and planes would be able to do so, Feuer looked at him indifferently before waiting for the King answer.

The King looked at him with interest as he felt amused, playfulness showed on his voice as he said "Let it be, some people think they're superior to everyone, this kind of people need to be taught in a different manner...''

Saying that, waves of invisible Mana shot from his body directly into Feuer direction, trying to crush him due to the pressure, the latter, however, only shook his head slightly as he decided not to do things peacefully ''I would split the Ean Kingdom resources with you but since you do that, I will take it all for myself when the time comes...''

Feuer said as waves of invisible Mana also shot from his body, the King and his advisors couldn't do anything, their body fell helplessly on the ground, they could only look to the teenager in fear, not expecting his strength to be so great, just then, a kid voice was heard ''Can I enter the room, daddy?!''

Suddenly, Feuer's mind shifted to a scene in his previous world, a child was waiting patiently behind a door as he said "Can I enter the room, daddy?'' Feuer remembered the time he waited the entire afternoon just to meet his busy father, despite that, the happiness he felt when his father, not caring about his tiredness, went to the park to play with him, it was simply impossible to forget.

All the pressure was removed from the King and his advisors as the King quickly composed himself and said "Of course you can enter the room, my son!''

The Throne Room door was opened as a small boy with brown-colored hair similar to the King hair himself entered it and ran happily to his father's embrace, Feuer looked at the King as he said "You have a good son, King, what's his name?"

"He's the Fifth Prince, sir, his name is John Geist!'' The King said respectfully, even adding 'sir', he respected Feuer's strength despite being so young, the boy looked confusedly at his father, wondering why he's calling the person in front of him like that.

''Pretty big brother, your name is sir?'' The young John Geist said as the King and his advisors face sunk, cold sweat dripped down their backs, fearing that Feuer feels offended.

Feuer looked at the boy and signaled for him to approach him, John Geist approached him, feeling that the big brother in front of him looked so pretty and gentle ''No, big brother is called 'Feuer Flake', your father, the King, calls me sir because this is my nickname, however, since you're a good boy, you can call me just 'Feuer', right?'' he said.

''Mmmm, your name is strange, big brother! It's strange but it's also pretty!'' John Geist said after wondering for a bit, Feuer laughed inwardly at the funny face the boy in front of him made "Yeah, when you grow up, you'll also be beautiful and pretty, just like me!'' he said while sitting on the ground and patting John's head, Feuer doesn't like being called beautiful or pretty but he saw his own image on the boy so he doesn't really care.

However, John Geist looked at him while pouting, on his young and childish face, it only increased his cuteness ''No, big brother, I want to be handsome and be a good King, just like my father, I also want to beat all the bad guys like the ones from the Ean Kingdom, hmph!'' John said as Feuer laughed inwardly, a pity his expression remained the same.

John wondered a bit before saying worriedly ''Big brother, why does your face always be like that? Are you sad?"

Shaking his head, Feuer said "No, it's just that I lost all the precious things in my life except my younger brother, however, I'm not sad, if life closes a door to me, I only need to find another one close and break it, this is why you need to treasure everyone you hold dear because you'll only know how much they mean to you once you lose them...''

A few tears formed on John's face as he thought what would happen if he lost his family, hugging Feuer, he said "No, I won't allow this to happen, John will be strong so that John's family is always there with him!''

Feuer laughed inwardly while thinking how funny John is when he refers to himself in third person 'Well, it's good that he has determination, if I were stronger, faster, if I wasn't nervous and left the Kingdom, we would be on peace...' he thought sadly but still patted John head to comfort the boy.

Looking at the King, Feuer said ''Your Highness, I will go to the Adventurers Guild because... well, I want to become an adventurer, after that, we can talk about that 'thing', hm?''

The King nodded repeatedly before smiling, feeling happy that his fifth son, which he holds dearly on his heart, is safe and even befriended the teena- no, the man in front of him.

Bidding farewell, Feuer went back to his room, pretending not to notice the Princess that was hiding behind one of the Throne Room pillars, looking at him attentively, as soon as he left the Throne Room, the King said ''Layla, my daughter, can you stop hiding there? Sir Flake didn't notice you but as your father, I know how you act...''

Pouting, Layla stopped hiding as she said ''Mooo... father, how do you know where I'm hiding every time? He's strong, right? He even promised to me that he would save the Kingdom, with that, I won't have to marry that disgusting Crown Prince of the Ean Kingdom!''

''Yeah, however, you must call him 'Sir Flake', we cannot offend him, sigh, I already understood, my daughter, you have taken... interest for him?'' The King said while sighing, the interest Layla has when looking at Feuer is simply too obvious, he doesn't know how the girl could feel interested in someone she just met, is this the so-called love at first sight?

''W-W-What? I didn't, father, geez, I'm just curious about him, nothing more, yes, that's right!'' Layla's face turned red as an apple as she said while nodding to herself on the end.

The King sighed slightly as he heard his daughter saying that before she bid farewell, smiling, he started to play with his fifth son, that looked expectantly towards him.

Meanwhile, Feuer was already back in his room.

Announcement
Do you want to read advanced chapters and support this humble author's work at the same time? Check my Patreon:

Patreon

12