46. Adventurers Guild [2]
441 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feuer didn't knock on the door because he didn't care about it, he entered the room and saw that the maid was slowly rocking his younger brother in a kind, gentle manner, she looked to be giving her entire heart on what she was doing.

'Well, I guess she loves doing her job, despite many seeing the profession of a Maid as something low, she does it because she loves, this is... surprisingly a good sight?' Feuer thought funnily as he looked silently to his younger brother.

It took a good half an hour before the maid stopped as the young Hero was sleeping peacefully on her embrace, slowly, she put him on the crib that was prepared beforehand and was about to leave when she noticed Feuer.

Feuer looked at her as she stared back before her mind was sent in pure chaos, in panic, she ran away through the door, leaving Feuer speechless.

''....''

'Uh... It's good that she treated my younger brother kindly, I think I'll pay her with a few thousands of Gold Coins...' Feuer thought as if giving thousands of Gold Coins is completely normal, he thought that the pouch on his pockets was of Gold Coins but there were actually hundreds of Platinum Coins

Since then, a few days passed as Feuer had recovered completely, he felt ready to go to the Adventurer Guild, over the past few days that passed, he tried to clear his mind, though he was feeling better, he was still guilty, it was something that he wouldn't be able to forgive himself for doing so.

Sighing, he touched on the bell and waited for a maid to come, it didn't take long before a different person knocked the door, this time, it was a butler, he looked old, seemingly to have 60 years old, he had a different aura around him, Feuer patted his back and left a mark on him as he said ''You're the Princes and Princess personal butler, right? Treat my younger brother well, I'll go to the Adventurers Guild to take my license...''

''I'll treat him well, Lord Flake...'' The old Butler nodded as he bowed respectfully but Feuer stopped him on his tracks since curving his back so much on such old age wouldn't be good to his health, then, he disappeared.

The old Butler thought 'He's completely different from what Master said, he even was so nice to notice I have pain on my back...' he felt true respect towards Feuer.

Feuer was going to leave the Royal Palace before he noticed something 'I... I don't know anything about this place, how am I supposed to know where the Adventurers Guild is? Sigh, sometimes I'm so dumb I don't believe I was the owner of the highest clothing brand and enterprise back then...' he thought before calling Layla Geist, the Princess would be a good guide, he mused.

''What do you need me, Feuer?'' Layla said while feeling annoyed, Feuer ignored her annoyance as he said ''I was going to the adventurers guild but in the middle of the way, I remembered that I don't know where it is... so, Princess Layla, can you be my guide?''

'How can he say that while being so stoic, don't you know people can misunderstand it...' Layla thought while blushing slightly before saying ''You can just call me Layla since I call you Feuer, it's fair, right?''

Thinking for a bit, he nodded ''As you wish, Layla'' Feuer said as he felt she was right.

''You see, the Kingdom is huge but obviously we're on the capital, Geist City, it is known for its economic prosperity and the place where the Royal Palace is located, it is the biggest city of the entire Kingdom, however, as long as you know the locations properly, it's easy to know where the places you want to go are'' Layla said as a smile appeared on her face, she looked excited to talk about her Kingdom, as they passed through the streets, many commoners greeted Layla respectfully.

Some of them wondered who the man near the Princess is, quickly, rumors were spread through the entire Kingdom 'Maybe he's the Princess beloved?' some thought while some thought 'I heard our Princess engaged to the Ean Kingdom Crown Prince, why is the Princess with another man... maybe they're in love secretly?' and there were even some female commoners that thought in envy 'Sigh... she's engaged, why should our Princess be with such otherwordly man? Damn!'

Though Feuer can't hear thoughts, he could see it from their expression, he sighed but felt slightly happy when they arrived near the Adventurers Guild building 'So this is where some random adventurer will come and lust over the Princess not knowing her identity and give me trouble, huh...' he thought while remembering some novels he had seen back then where adventurers would lust over the Hero girl when he entered the Adventurer Guild building.

''As you see, this is the Adventurers Guild building, I may not look like it but I'm also an adventurer, when you get there, you'll only need to be tested by the Branch Leader himself, he's an A-rank adventurer, he's known for his Martial Arts, the Martial Demon...'' Layla said, some respect showing on her voice, Feuer, however, said ''Never heard of him...'' as the Princess pouted in frustration.

As they entered the building, many eyes instantly looked on their direction, there were more than one kind of people there, be it dark-skinned or fair-skinned, there were fat and thin people, some had a hulking body with scars while others looked delicate, however, none of them went near the Princess or dared to look towards her again 'Why is this happening? Isn't it supposed to have at least one random dude trying to lust over her...?' Feuer thought but decided that this was better, they then arrived on the balcony where a lady stood by, she had long, black-colored hair and had glasses, she exuded the aura of professional.

'...' Feuer mind blanked for exactly two seconds, not because her beauty was stunning, in fact, her appearance was rather ordinary, despite that, his expression was still stoic 'Never thought not being able to express me properly would be a good thing...' he thought funnily.

'It's the first time in the entire 7 years that I'm on this new life, not counting my predecessor, that I saw a long, black-haired woman with glasses, my type...' Feuer thought, he was so surprised that his mind blanked for two seconds.

''Layla, everyone here seems to fear you, why is it so?'' He asked as Layla looked at him proudly before she said, proudness showing on her voice ''It's simple: This Princess here is a noble A-rank adventurer!''

Feuer's reaction was completely out of her expectations as he simply nodded ''I see..'' before saying to the lady on the balcony ''Lady, I want to register myself as an adventurer, I wonder if it's possible for me to do the test?''

The Lady looked at him for a few seconds as her professional stance broke slightly as she was sent into a daze, composing herself, she said ''Of course, there's a tax of 1 silver for the test, I'll call the Branch Master, sir!''

Feuer nodded and waited for a minute before a middle-aged man appeared on his vision.

Announcement
Do you want to read advanced chapters and support this humble author's work at the same time? Check my Patreon:

Patreon

9