Chapter 5 – Zenama – He Of Chaos and Order
92 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The condensation the voice uttered its words were like an explosion to the build-up before it. Screams of terror began to sound out from every direction in the army. Some walking back and others barring their swords. So many in fact, their unsheathing reached the ears of the being from so far away. Slowly, it began floating down towards where Cassius stood. A large space, greater than what had been allocated to the ritual itself grew as the soldiers quickly backed away. Only Tomusir, Zakir, Azelenous the Dark, and Cassius stood their positions - Cassius out of oblivious curiosity.

“Put away your toys, Short Lived mortals. I might accidentally wave my hand in your direction. We wouldn't want, do we?” Snared the pseudo-angel at those surrounding him. Its voice causing many to look around confused, and others covering their ears - faces scrunched up in pain - they fell to their knees. Unable to take the pressure exerted by the being. Stopping right above the ground, it floated there. Spinning counterclockwise, its non-existent eyes stared at everyone, until it finally fell on Cassius.

Its face began to morph into different expressions. Parodies of what is commonly shown in great emotion. An insult to the mortals, and a nightmare to those that thought they could find solace in the night. The being began groaning and making a rumbling sound, its body shaking and hands flailing. “Your blood stinks, Satyr! Debaucherous, unclean, filth-stained mongrel!” It roared in outrage, the more time passed, the louder the rumbling in the surroundings became. “Even covered by layer over layer of those poor excuses of blessings mortals had created, your blood still reek. Staining the heavens and the Lands! Go back from whence you had com-” With a sudden pop, silence reigned supreme. The change left everyone disoriented. While the being floated up, staring at the mountain, where the entrance to the labyrinth of the necromancers was made.

Long seconds passed as the being just floated there watching something afar. “Hmm,” it said as it raised a clawed limb and seemingly rested its chin on the edge. The perfectly smooth face it had begun to morph once again, but this time it was not of faces filled with disgust and hatred. It changed to that of surprise and even some admiration. “Now that is a ritual,” said the being in a way of compliment. “Edgy Zenki'l is finally going to have revenge on that envious harlot of light my sister is. I guess these mortal ants are good for something,” he said as he looked at the army with a malicious gleam. Oh, the thousands were perfect for the ritual.

But then it clicked for it. Its face changing rapidly into hundreds of expressions, until it finally fell on to one. A maniacal smile, sharp razor thin teeth gleamed in the moonlight, that reached one side of its face to the other. It stared at Cassius then back to the ritual, over and over again. Slowly a bubbling laugh that had many from the army fainting erupted from behind its teeth. Bending its back, it clutched its stomach as it roared in laughter. “Yes! Yes! This is the most intriguing it has been in ages!” Screamed the being.

It swopped down in front of Cassius. Caressing his check, Cassius shuddering absolute fear, it left a thin trail of blood on his chin. Jumping back, it swiveled its head, numbers coming out of its mouth, jumbling up with those stated after. For a few minutes, it continued until it raised both of its arms above its head. “There is enough ants! Another will be brought! And I will have them!” It spoke to Cassius from afar.

“I bet she doesn't even know! She thought she could mooch off me! But I will get my due! I will get it! I will get it!” It continued to laugh at a joke only it understood. Slowly, it regained its senses and simply began to stare at Cassius with its maniacal smile adorning its face. Being the only recipient of its attention, Cassius fidgeted in place, pink armor reflecting of the light of the moon.

The being raised its hand, pointing a claw at Cassius. Its face began to shift back into its previously flawless and smooth plate of metal. “Your collective prays will be answered. I, have deemed you worthy of my blessing.” It said, voice reverberating more so than before. Causing an actual effect in the physical realm. Waiting for everything calm down once again, it began to speak with a majestic voice, unlike the grating one it had just used.

“I, First-Born of Hudural and Femana, Brother of Mendural of The EverFire, Brother of Heumdiral of The Ocean, and Brother of Sendiral of The Eclipsing Light, Zenama of Chaos and Order, give to thee, Cassius Wenif, son of Julius Wenif and Cassandra Wenif, he who is one-tenth Satyr, one-tenth Orc, and eight-tenths Human, The Benediction of Greater Light. Otherwise known as The Blessing of Absolute Chaos… blah blah blah.. Take my blessing and do my will,” said the being in one breath.

Raising the claw it pointed at Cassius with, it raised it above its head and towards the sky. With a zipping sound, a flash of golden light ripped its way from the tip of the claw to the center of the sky, far above. More of the golden light began to accumulate until a massive ball sat in the sky, unaffected by the law of physics or gravity. Quickly, the being clapped his hand thrice, and the ball split open, like an egg, from top to bottom. I side it was another ball of purple lightning. It seemed to be stuck in a barrier it wanted to break its way out of. Every time one crashed onto the barrier, a roaring thunder erupted.

“Accept my blessing with open arms!” Demanded the being from Cassius, who was stepping backward. He was doing his best to get away but was not fast enough. Gesturing like he threw a ball, the ball of lightning erupted into a line heading towards Cassius at the speed of light; impossible to dodge. Putting his arms in front of his face, head looking away, and eyes shut closed instinctively, he was not prepared for the extreme pain that shot through his entire body.

Screaming in a shrill voice, he was raised up from the ground. Body bend, as though he was stretching. Flashes of bright purple and golden light highlighted the extreme pain he was being put through. Relaki's scream of terror was like a dull beat in the background. But with a wave of the hands of the being, all screaming became muted, his power collapsing any traveling noise. Cassius had to face the pure agony alone, his screams unheard by the world or anyone within it.

“Annoying pests, did you not call me here? Just one could have spoken, just one, and I would have been bound by laws greater than us all! Why must you shriek so irritatingly? Emotions? Bah, you don't even know what you feel most of the time.” Said Zanama in a voice filled with irritation and a hideously morphed face. Slowly, the lightning became less and Cassius brought down to the ground.

His charred armor - no longer pink, but a mix between its old color and black - smoking as his knees touched the ground. Falling forward, it seemed like he would fall to his face unconsciously, but he caught himself with his hands. Head lowered, he stayed in that position for a while. Groaning, he raised his head to look at those surrounding him. Mirroring Zemana's crazed smile, his eyes were golden - irises purple and black.

“Rise and fulfill your final duty,” commanded Zemana, his face once more showing its needle-like teeth in a warped smile. Getting up, Cassius stood up straighter than before. Stretching, it seemed like he had just woken up instead of having been electrocuted alive. Jumping up and down, he felt his body, trying to get used to it.

“I feel wonderful,” said Cassius with an exaggerated sigh. All the while, Relaki could be found farther about, tears streaming down her face, but too afraid to let out any sound. At that moment, she knew something that broke her. Looking into Cassius's eyes, she did not notice the man she had fallen in love with. He was nothing but a stranger to her, and it was all because she did nothing.

1