Chapter 10
1.7k 5 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dan made his way back to his home and decides to try and finish eating the snake before going back to the building. "There's no way I would be able to finish this without Robust Digestion. The snake has been spoiled for a good while, but my ability has allowed me to still eat it. But if I let it go any longer, even Robust Digestion may not help me eat it," Dan thinks to himself.

 

Spending the next few hours finishing up the snake, Dan chooses to use his bio-energy to upgrade Robust Digestion, Teeth, and Lesser Poison Resistance to level five. Since he is upgrading grading so many abilities, Dan decides to grit and bear it and upgrade them all at the same time. He figures that it is better to have a ton of pain at once then a lot of lesser pains over and over.

 

Upgrade them all at one time, Dan experiences a terrible sensation. His insides felt like they were boiling and had the most irritating rash ever at the same time. He thrashed around on the ground wishing for the feeling to go away. After a few seconds, the pain changed from burn to feeling like his organs were being torn out. As the pain stopped, Dan gets a notification from the system.

Both Teeth and Robust Digestion are at level five. They can be fused to create Iron Stomach, a skill/mutation type ability. Do you wish to initiate fusion?

Dan uses Identify on Iron Stomach to see what it is.

Iron Stomach: Allows you to eat almost anything and gain nutriment from it as long as your teeth can go through it.

Identify skill has risen to lvl 2 through constant use.

"Wow, Iron Stomach sounds pretty amazing and Identify leveling up solely from me using it. I wonder if I can level other things up through constant use as well. I did get Lesser Poison Resistance from eating something poisonous. Maybe I can get some skills and abilities from my actions," Dan thinks to himself. "Alright, System, initiate the fusion."

Initiating fusion... Fusion Complete.

With the fusion complete, Dan opens the Mutation Menu.

Mutation Menu

Evolution: 1/3 (30 Bio-energy)

Species Evolution: (Locked)

Scale Resistance lvl 3

Iron Teeth lvl 0

Lesser Venom lvl 0

Iron Stomach lvl 1

Lesser Poison Resistance lvl 5 (Evolve)

Heat Sense lvl 1

"I got a new ability I can get, and Lesser Poison Resistance has the word Evolve beside it. I should see what that is about. I wonder if I can change the menu up. The word Evolution has been bothering me ever since I evolved. It was more like an advancement, or an enhancement than evolution. I simply grew larger, I did not change in any other way," Dan thinks to himself, as he gets a notification from the system.

Host granted permission to alter layout and names of functions in the Mutation Menu.

"Great," Dan exclaims as he starts editing the Mutation Menu.

Mutation Menu

Advancement: 1/3 (30 Bio-energy)

Evolution: (Locked)

Scale Resistance lvl 3

Iron Teeth lvl 0

Lesser Venom lvl 0

Iron Stomach lvl 1

Lesser Poison Resistance lvl 5 (Evolve)

Heat Sense lvl 1

Host preferences saved. System will try harder in the future to display information in a way that suits the Host better.

"That's great. Thank you very much," Dan says to the system. "I should look at Lesser Poison Resistance." Dan selects it and another menu pops up.

Lesser Poison Resistance is ready to Evolve. Please select one of the possible evolutions.

Poison Resistance: A better form of Lesser Poison Resistance.

Toxin Resistance: Makes you resistant to poisons and venoms. (Option made available by having eaten things both poisonous and venomous.)

"I choose Toxin Resistance, it is obviously the better choice. It would be stupid to pick the other one," Dan says to himself as he chooses it. Once he picked it, he expected an itching or burning sensation but nothing. Dan ponders why but relents after a short while as it didn't matter that much.

 

After eating the rest of the snake and checking out his new abilities, it is getting late in the day, so Dan decides to start walking back over to the lodge.

 

Back at the lodge, in Emma and Catlin's room, they just got back from getting a snack. "I am so glad we did not get Venesa as a roommate. The trip would have been ruined. So do you want to watch a romance movie or a comedy," Catlin asks happily?

 

"I want to watch a comedy," Emma states. "And why don't we ask if the other girls would like to watch it with us?"

 

"Sounds like a plan. Go down and ask them," Catlin tells Emma.

 

Emma returns to the room alone, the other girls wanted to play games downstairs instead of watching a movie. Emma and Catlin spent the next hour chatting while watching the movie.

 

Dan made his way back to the lodge after an hour. He searches for the window that was open earlier, and to his fortune, it is still open. He climbs up to the second floor and makes his way to the window, but as he is about to climb through, he hears a movie playing from inside the room.

 

Dan climbs up to the window to see what was going on inside. Peeking inside, Dan sees two figures covered up in a blanket watching a movie. One of the people tells the other that they are going to the restroom, and Dan immediately recognizes the voice. They sounded exactly like his younger sister Emma. To make sure he isn't seeing things, he uses Identify as she gets up.

Name: Emma Sage

Species: Human

Power Level: 17

Worth: Nothing (Protected)

Note: Younger sister of Dan Sage and only daughter of Eric and Rose Sage. A relatively intelligent member of the human species, a species designated as protected by a large number of Earth's gods. They do not give any bio-energy and could incur a penalty if you kill them unprovoked, or the person you kill is a good person. However, if they provoke you, meaningfully harm other humans, or undermine the protection of Earth, they become worth bio-energy, and you can kill them without the worry of penalties.

Although there is a bunch of new information and changes to the way Identify displayed information, Dan is stuck on the name. It really is his sister, Emma.

41