Chapter 12
1.6k 6 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing that Catlin and Emma just thought he was strange, Dan chooses to try a different approach. Dan has to admit connecting your dead brother to a strange lizard is a humungous leap in logic. 

 

He climbs up Emma's body to grab her neckless. He gave the neckless to her for her 15th birthday. The neckless is shaped like a sun with blue topaz in the center. The topaz represented her kindness and compassion for others, and the sun representing how she brightens people's day.

 

"You can't have that, fella, my brother gave me that for my birthday. He saved up all the money he got from doing odd jobs around the neighborhood all summer and bought it for me," she says as she looks as if she is thinking something. "He has been kidnapped and the police are out looking for him. This neckless lets me feel connected to him," Emma states looking sad. Catlin hugs her as she continues. "I don't know why I am telling you this. It's not like you can understand me. Maybe I just wanted to tell someone about it, or maybe it's because you sort of remind me of him, silly and intelligent."

 

Dan, hearing her say he was kidnapped, is baffled. He was killed, not kidnapped. Why did the police believe he was kidnapped? Did they not find his body? Maybe his body vanished when he was reincarnated, or maybe his whole body was eaten? But more importantly than all of that, now it would be practically impossible for his sister to realize he is the lizard in front of her. It was a slim chance before, but now that he knows she thinks he has been kidnapped, it will be almost impossible for her to believe her brother is a lizard now. He would have to wait for an opportunity, and in the meanwhile, keep acting like himself.

 

After playing around for a while, Catlin says, "You know what, Emma, we should record this little guy's behavior and put it up online."

 

"That's a good idea. I am sure everyone would love him, and we could find out why he acts so strangely," Emma says excitedly.

 

Dan enjoys spending time and playing with Emma and Catlin for almost two hours, before hearing the door open, and two other girls came in. He is quickly picked up by Emma and hidden from the girls.

 

"What are you two doing on the floor over there," one of the girls asks.

 

"Oh, we are just talking," Catlin answers, hiding the fact they were playing with a lizard. Catlin is positive that animals were not allowed, and she is not about to risk the lizard being forced out.

 

"Okay, the teachers said it's lights out."

 

While Catlin and the other girl were talking, Emma, holding Dan, got her bag from beneath the bed, opened it up, and got a shoebox out. She opens the shoebox, takes the shoes out, then says to Dan, "You can stay in this box to stay warm for the night if you want. I leave it open in case you want to leave, but it could be dangerous if you leave. So if you want to leave, you should stay in this room."

 

Dan inside the shoebox found it comfortable enough, so he went to sleep for the night.

 

Waking up the next morning to the sound of people walking around, Dan is greeted by system notifications.

You have completed a hidden quest by gaining the trust and recognition of a human, a sapient species. Unlocked Title function and Stats. Retroactively awarding titles.

You have gained the title, Reincarnator.

Obtained by reincarnating in a new body.

You have already lived before making this life easier.

You have an easier time obtaining skills and abilities.

+100% Experience

You have gained the title, Underdog.

Obtained by killing an enemy much stronger than yourself.

Using everything at your disposal, you have killed a powerful foe.

10% HP increase when attacking a powerful enemy.

10% damage increase when attacking a powerful enemy.

Does not need to be equipped to activate.

You have gained the title, Ant Slayer.

Obtained by killing any 1000 ants.

You have a special talent and interest in exterminating ants.

100% damage increase when attacking ants.

100% defense increase when attacking ants.

Please select title to equip.

Dan takes some time to process all the information that was thrown at him. "The Reincarnator title is probably the best one out of all of them, but I have no idea how to get experience. The system is acting more and more like a game, so I should get experience by killing things, but I have been doing that I got nothing," Dan thinks to himself while choosing the Reincarnator title. "No point in worrying about it. I am sure I will find out sooner or later. Right now, I should find out how to open stats," as he is thinking about how to open his stats, a menu pops up.

Name: Dan Sage

Lvl: 0(Locked)

Species: Gray Lizard

Title: Reincarnator

HP: 17

MP: 0

STR: 3

VIT: 5

DEX: 2

INT: 8

WIS: 7

LUK: 6

"This status window gives much more information than Identify, but I have no reference, so I don't know what any of it means," Dan thinks to himself as he notices the noise of people walking quite down.

 

Emma says to everyone, "You'll go on ahead. I have to do something first before coming down."

 

"Alright, but make sure to come down quickly. You want to miss out on all the great food. Let's go eat girls," Catlin says while dragging the other girls out, clearly knowing Emma wanted to check on the lizard.

 

As soon as everyone left, Emma goes to check and see if the lizard is okay. Looking under the bed into the shoebox, Emma sees that the lizard stayed and smiles. "Did you get a good night's rest, little guy? I have to go now, and I won't be back until around noon. So if you get hungry, you're going to have to go outside to find something to eat, but if you come back after I am done, I will give have something to eat for you," Emma says to the lizard, feeling a bit reluctant to let him go as she has become attached to the lizard and did not want him to leave.

43