Chapter 4
2.2k 4 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dan continues to hunt as he travels back to his home. He knows from the test with the ant he could most likely take on the anthill as long as he did not let the ants get near his eyes or nose, but he wants to wait until he evolves to take that on.

 

By the time Dan gets back to his home, he managed to get two bio-energy from his hunt. He also notices that every time he ate more than one bio-energy in a short amount of time, his movement is severely impaired, most likely from being too full. With this new knowledge, Dan decides that if he every is not sure an area is mostly safe, he would kill his prey first and only eat it if it is safe.

 

Dan rests in the tree until he digests what he has eaten. Resting for about an hour, he felt that he had digested enough to move around, plus he was starting to get thirsty.

 

Dan climbs down from the tree and starts walking toward the stream. He is extra careful as he goes toward the stream because the last time he was over there a snake attacked him.

 

After getting a drink of water, he goes into it to eat some of the bugs he sees in it. The small bugs are not much, but a little goes a long way when added up. Right as Dan is about to get out of the water, he sees a potential big haul, a crayfish about as large as him.

 

If he could kill the crayfish, he knew that he could get a lot of bio-energy, but it would be highly dangerous. Crayfish have big powerful claws that can even cause severe pain for creatures far larger than it. If he wants to kill it for bio-energy, he would have to be very careful of the claws.

 

Trailing far enough behind the crayfish so it would not notice, Dan waits for a good opportunity to attack. Ten minutes of stalking the crayfish, Dan sees an opening, the crayfish is laying down to rest. Dan quickly runs up behind it and attacks, thinking if he stays behind it, the crayfish's main weapon, its claws, poss no threat to him, making it a lot safer for him.

 

Dan bites and claws at the joints in the keratin armor on the crayfish's tail, trying to peel it off, because he knows the can barely do damage with how tough its shell is. The crayfish squirms around trying to turn to pinch Dan with its claws. But Dan has a hold of its tail in his mouth, and he is biting down with all his might.

 

After struggling to get loose for about a minute and almost succeeding twice, the crayfish finally started to bleed blue blood. The blue blood confuses Dan at first, not knowing what it is, but when he realizes he had gotten through the shell a small bit, he understood it is blood.

 

Another minute of struggling, the crayfish stops struggling and falls down. Even though Dan is almost certain the crayfish is dead, he does not let it loose from his mouth. Dan picks it up and drags it back to his home.

 

After the strenuous trek back, pulling the something that weighs even more than himself, he is exhausted. But now Dan has another problem, the crayfish is dead, but most of its armor is still on and will be incredibly difficult to get off.

 

Thinking for a few moments, Dan has an idea. He can drop the crayfish from a tree onto a rock to crack open its shell, making gravity work for him. Putting his plan into action, he finds a tree with a decently sized rock underneath it. Dan repeatedly drops the crayfish's body on the rock over and over again. After breaking the shell apart enough to get at the meat, Dan takes the crayfish back home to eat.

 

Eating roughly a quarter of the crayfish, Dan is full, and he obtained two bio-energy from it. When he finishes eating all of it, he should get eight bio-energy, with the two bio-energy that he has from earlier, he will have enough to evolve.

 

It takes Dan until nightfall to eat the whole crayfish, as soon as he finishes eating it, he uses 10 bio-energy to evolve. He immediately blacks out as he starts to evolve. His whole body undergoing a transformation as he rests.

 

Waking up the next day, Dan sees loads of shed skin and scales in his home. Right as he is about to sweep it out of the tree, a system notification pops up.

 

Completed Main Quest: Become Stronger. Rewarded skill Identify lvl 1.

 

"Whew, I can finally relax a little bit. I wonder how do I use Identify," asks himself. Dan sweeps his shed skin out of his tree and goes out to try to find out how to use his new skill.

 

While walking around, Dan starts to notice that he has grown bigger. Taking a good look at himself, he realized that he is now about ten inches long before he evolved, he estimated he was about seven inches long. As he is examining himself, another screen pops up.

 

Dan

Gray Lizard

Threat Level: None

Note: Relatively weak compared to other animals of the forest but has tough scales compared to members of its species

 

"Wow, it's just like a game. I guess to use Identify I just have to examine something closely," Dan thinks to himself. "I could have gone without the comment about me being weak, but it is still a pretty amazing skill."

 

Setting aside the new skill he got, Dan starts to prepare for the big battle with the ants that he planned to wage after he evolved. He originally planned to use a hit and run kind of strategy, take on small groups at a time to whittle them down. But now that he is bigger since evolving, he has a new, riskier plan but also more rewarding if it works. He would lure the snake that attacked him to the anthill and have the ants and the snake weaken each other then he would land the finishing blow.

47