Pencil Prophets VS. Mechanical Missionaries. DEATH BATTLE
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Pencil Prophets or Mechanical Missionaries?
  • Pencil Prophets Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mechanical Missionaries Votes: 1 50.0%
  • You better not say pen Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2

AN: I don't know why I made this chapter. I have too much free time.

In the morning during study hall. Damion was making notes in a book with a pencil when Regin walked up to him and asked.

“Are you really taking notes in your Necronomicon in pencil?” Pointing at the decorative pencil that he was using to write in his book of dark arts.

“Yeah, so what.” Damion said looking up from his book question why his writing implement was being questioned.

“No, it is not,” She said bringing her head up looking proud as she pulled something out of her pocket, “But let me introduce you to the lord and savior of ALL writing utensils: the MECHANICAL PENCIL”

“No way, pencils are way better,” he responded bluntly.

At that instant the air in the room snapped as the room suddenly felt divided into two camps, the Mechanical Missionaries and the Pencil Prophets. Damion and Regin as the epicenter of the conflict glared at each other. 

Regin pulled out her computer and started a presentation on the greatness of mechanical pencils. “You see here, the mechanical pencil is superior in the reusability of them. Due to the use of plastic to create an ergonomic casing for the reusable lead, it allows for an increased life span in comparison to a normal wooden pencil which feels worse in your hand and gets used up slowly.”

In response to this Damion stood up and said, “Objection. The use of mass produced soulless mechanical pencils stifles the creative spirit, creating a void in the heart of the artist. There is nothing that can compare in conveying the tortured soul of an artist onto the page. The pencil has a certain dynamicism to it. It changes, gives its life in order for you to create and with that it shows you how fleeting life is, as an homage to the creative and destructive cycle that permeates everything. It gives a meaning to its existence, honoring the ancient traditions of the elders instead of the never-ending mechanical progression towards the future.”

Miffed at his reply Regin said, “What do you mean, if we didn’t progress forward then we wouldn’t be where we are today. Revolutions have been fought for the progress of society, and each time the future has won. We must march onwards for the sake of the future.”

“Really for the sake of the future you say,” Damion repeated. Then he pointed to Mister Beep who just walked into the room. “Beep you’re a robot from the future what do they use in the future.”

Mister Beep who was suddenly called out froze in place, “Scanning archives of GroundNet. In the future almost all physical writing implements used are wooden pencils because of a shortage of the important resource plastic.”

“That’s tch, can’t argue with that,” Regin said, grinding her teeth together. Then she pointed to another classmate who seemed to be on her side, “Lilith do you have anything to add?”

“I have an objection your honor,” Lilith said standing up with her hand raised. “There is something called a wooden mechanical pencil.”

Regin looked on triumphantly while Damion was preparing a counter argument, “Lilith. Tell me this.” He pauses dramatically as the lights in the room dim and his glasses glint from some sort of magic. “You use wooden pencils sometimes, don’t you.”

Suddenly a look of horror appears on Lilith’s face as the entire Mechanical Missionary faction looks at her in shock. “Um. Yeah I do sometimes.” She said awkwardly, putting a hand behind her head.

Regin manifested her Valkyrie spear from her mechanical pencil and pointed it at Lilith using her best drill sergeant voice, “This is a war soldier! The war between Mechanical Missionaries and the Pen Prophets has gone on since the very conception of mechanical pencils! We must fight on! For the glory of converting everyone to our stationary! WE MUST! I need to be able to trust you with my back. Can I trust you to not defect soldier!”

“Yes ma’am,” Lilith said, going into a salute. “You can trust me ma’am,”

“Good soldier,” Regin said with a nod and a smile, “Another thing about the greatness of mechanical pencils. It’s easier to use magic to hide them as weapons because they don’t become smaller so you don’t need to replace them.”

“What about you Hel, with one ‘l’, which do you use.” Lilith asked her bestie who was walking around the school for no particular reason.

“PENCILS all the way,” Hel declared with her right eye set ablaze.

“Okay,” Lilith said meekly in response to the sudden intensity from her bestie. “Um what about you Jasper?”

“Pencils it’s easier to kill vampires with,” he said glaring at Edgar the resident vampire.

“Mechanical I can’t kill myself wiht them,” the resident vampire siad.

“Uhm what about you Emelia?”

“I use brushes,” the girl said with an angelic smile.

“Uh, okay,” and “Yeah, sure whatever,” were the responses before the war went into full throttle.

After a long and gruelling battle for the rest of study hall. The war was even. Pencils and mechanical pencils littered the floor, lead stained the walls and floor, a mountain of papers stood between each side.

Into that chaos Rowan walked into the room to make up a test. Everyone turned to face him and shouted, “““““““Rowan PENCILS OR MECHANICAL PENCILS!”””””””

“PENS”

“““““‘“Danm Pen Proselytizers!!!!””””””” everyone shouted as they threw their writing implements at him.

0