School it’s Hell (with two “L” ‘s)
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, bro how are we getting out of Helheim?” Lilith asked an overenthusiastic Hel, who went and dragged her to all of Helheim's exciting travel destinations like the bloodsucking dragon, which they rode on to the main root of Yggdrasil, the world tree, and Niflheim, the realm of primordial ice at absolute zero where they made into an outrageously big ice skating rink.

"But I want to build a snowman," Hel pouted, putting on her sad puppy dog face. As Lilith was about to cave into Hel's demand, Anthony retorted.

"If you want to build a snowman you need snow and literally everything here is ice, like everything. I'm pretty sure those clouds are just chunks of ice frozen in the air." He said pointing at the clear ice clouds that looked like they could drop down on them at any second.

“Dang it,” Hel said stomping her feet, “Let’s just go then,”

“Yeah, but where’s the exit?” Lilith asked Hel who had started walking in a random direction. 

“I don’t know,” Hel said turning around to face the group.

“Um, why?” asked Emelia who had just finished creating ice sculptures of all of them.

“Kid it’s ‘cause I haven’t left in some thousand years,”

“We can just use our entrance,” Lilith said, ”It goes to Japan. So we go to Japan and get some food and make a pit stop at school and go meet Odin. Also, where does Odin live?”

“He lives in Valhalla across the Bifrost in Midgard,” Hel said as if she was giving directions that didn’t require traversing different dimensions and realms. 

“Let’s just go to Japan already,” Anthony said creating a portal to the normal world. When they stepped through the portal they reached a pitch-black cave, where normal people wouldn’t be able to see in, but since they were the Goddess of Death, the Light Bringer, the Prince of Darkness, and the Light of God, they all proceeded through the ice-filled cave without missteps.

 Inside the cave, Lilith’s voice echoed throughout the darkness, “Does anyone have a spatula?”

“Sorry,” Emelia’s bell-like voice was the first to respond, “I left mine at home.”

“Mine’s in the kitchen,” Hel said.

“Dang, Anthony you’ve got to have a spatula,” Lilith said expectantly.

“Why do you need a spatula anyways, were in the middle of a cave in a forest,” Anthony asked decidedly not pulling out a spatula.

“To collect the moss,” Lilith said while Emelia and Hel were giving him a look since the answer was obvious to them.

“It’s for my moss tank at home. We can also plant some of it in the Underworld since moss likes acidic and clay soil as well as dark places—.” Lilith explained to an uninformed Anthony until she came up with a devious idea, “The Underworld would make the perfect moss tank. I just need to water it sometimes and it would be great.”

“Um, can you please not make the Underworld your personal moss tank. I can see why Vassago told me to carry this spatula to protect the fate of the Underworld, take it,” Anthony said pulling out a spatula from his pocket and apprehensively handing it to an impassioned Lilith.

“Fine, I’ll keep the moss in my tank,” Lilith concede taking some moss from the cave with the spatula, “I’m going to name you Vincent, you’ll be best friends with Kayla,”

“Vincent?”

“My pet rock, I’m naming my pet moss Vincent,” Lilith said as she placed the spatula with moss in a subspace. Anthony just sighed and kept walking towards the exit as Lilith started to recite a bunch of moss facts. When they reached the exit of the cave a vast forest akin to a sea of trees greeted them. 

“Welcome to the Sea of Trees, Japan, or Aokigahara. I think the Dango and green tea in Tokyo are good so let's go get some and then get to school." Lilith said like a teacher planning out a class trip to their local cross-ocean foreign country. 

“It’s night,” Emelia said, pointing towards the sky with starlight gleaming through the thick canopy of Aokigahara.

“Shoot, Anthony, build me a time machine.” Lilith boldly demanded a Flux Capacitor, Hot Tub Time Machine, Time Travelling Toaster, or TARDIS from Anthony a high schooler who hasn’t finished high school physics.

And surprisingly (or probably not at this point) Anthony delivered, “I already got it, I thought this would happen.” He created another portal in the air that reflected the same forest in the daylight. They walked through the portal and descended the mountain in less than ten minutes by flying to Tokyo. As they were eating dango and drawing attention as a bunch of foreigner teenagers walking through town when school was about to start.

After noticing the only casual glances in their direction Anthony asked, “Do people see people with wings and flaming eyes every day or do we look normal to them.”

“Normal. Humans can’t see magic stuff,*nom* unless someone literally blasts them with it,*nom* even then they’ll forget soon unless they look for it.*nom*” Hel said dryly in between bites of dango. 

“It’s great,” Emelia said smiling mischievously as she remembered the magical hijinks she had in the past.

“So beyond the weirdness filter, did someone close the portal,” Anthony said thinking about the logistics of magic doors and time-traveling.

“I thought you closed it since you made the portal,” Lilith said.

“Isn’t it last person through the portal, closes it,” Anthony replied.

“Does anyone want to enter Niflheim in the first place,” Hel said, “Also they’re asking for it if they enter a mysterious portal in dark frozen cave.”

“So, while we’re answering questions on magic, what about the grandfather’s paradox,” Anthony asked curious about how the answer would play out in reality.

“You gonna’ try it,” Hel asked staring a hole into him with her blazing eye.

“No ma’am,” Anthony said taken aback at the sudden intensity of the conversation.

“Then you don’t need to know,” Hel said.

After a nervous chuckle, Anthony decided to ask a normal question, “So school? How do you feel about school.”

“Couldn’t care less,” Hel replied.

“What’s school,” Emelia gave a confused look at the mention of the relatively new institution.

“It’s hell,” Lilith said before correcting, “With two ‘l’s,”

"So, you live there," Emelia asked tilting her head.

"Basically." Anthony said, "It's a place where you learn about stuff in a core curriculum and they expect kids and teens to be there for a third of their day."

"While they drain the life out of you," Lilith added to Anthony's description of school.

"So it is Hell, with two l's," Emelia nodded along with the new description of school after hearing their explanation.

"Let's go to school 'cause either I'm seeing things or there's a bunch of Shinto priests and priestesses chasing a samurai dude with a watermelon for a face into a Wendy’s,” Anthony said as he created another portal in the middle of the street and dragged an excited Lilith, who wanted to see the watermelon-faced samurai.

As they reached the school Lilith asked Anthony, “So how much magic do you think is in our school?”

“Well there’s already the theater witch, so probably a bit, but not a whole lot. Nothing super crazy though.” Anthony said. As he said that a dragon can out of the sky and landed in front of the school.

“Does a dragon count as something crazy?” Lilith said with a smirk.

“No, that’s like saying there’s a rainbow when it rains. Cool, but not surprising,” Anthony said shaking his head.

Then the school exploded.

0