Hark! Slay that foul over-sized Lizard
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Special Chapter to Celebrate the Death/Birth of Shakespeare.

“Hark! Lilith I require thy succor, come forth with I to rescue some fair, and honest princess from their coil.” Anthony requested.

“Prithee, Anthony, doth thee not know me. For I am not one to balk at the at the prospect of adventure with expedience we shall depart, posthaste. Whither shalt the winds beneath our wings bring us.” Lilith replied.

“Acquit thyself from the winds of expedience. I must procure the succor of our cousin yclept Emelia.” Anthony said, before venturing forth to obtain the assistance of a mistress whose hair shone alike the sun.

“Befogged am I, whither do we departeth and whence shall we return, my musings unanswered, ergo I shan't accept thine offer if aught mine worries be relieved.” Emelia demanded. “Wherefore hath thine effuciated the dispersal of the embrace of mine bed, for trivial matters such as these.”

“I can fathom why thou shalt accompany us, as methinks your valiant continence is a pillar upon which adversity is faced. “ Anthony pleaded.

“Alas,” Emelia sighed, “I find thy brave words to be deserving, lest more aberrant words take me. Let us emboss this over-sized, fire-spewing, lizard with unsightly wings, that be an incarnation of greed.”

Lilith startled by the strange description inquired, “Perchance I may be mistaken, but art ye deliberating about such a fearsome monster as a dragon.”

“Verily so cousin. The coil of this fair maiden takes the garb of an enlarged lizard with an overinflated ego.” Anthon said, “Wherefore doth thou shilly-shally we shall depart with haste. Such dreaded request ‘twas entreated upon us by a distressed king and father to whom the foul beast hast caused much ado.”

“Yes, let us depart lest more of thy unpregnant ideas assail my ears. or some buffoonery.” Lilith said with a hand to her forehead.

“Indeed let us emboss such a beast before the morrow lest St. George returns from the country which no traveller returns, dispatches of our forms to the endless sleep. Or so the whispers of demons from beyond the vine tell me so. The validity of the demon-speak is unknown to me in sooth.” Anthony pondered on the validity of such rumors.

“Hell, with two “l”s, is full and all the demons are there.” Emelia agreed, changing a famous line from a Tempest scribed by the Bard, before continuing with a recitation from the bards scripture of a trader in a city on water, “The Devil can site Scripture for his purpose.”

“But, ‘There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.’ so if we believe that such whispers bring our demise, such they shall, if we doth not believe they shall do so then they shan’t.” Lilith continued the philosophical quandaries with recitations from the Bard where the principle characters lay slain at the end.

“Cease such aimless dilemmas for days with storms befitting such talks.” Anthony created a portal behind him, “Let us venture forth before we enter such sinistral plains, else the Sun will leave us before our formidable task is complete.”

““Aye””

They were transported directly to the abode of the vile dragon. They confronted a beast with scales alike kelp, and gave such a glare that could disable lesser creatures. Upon glancing at their attire and assuming their intentions bathed them in a wave of flame. “I art the dragon whom is lord over this cavern, clept Jubal the Unyielding, hath ye sent your prayers above! Today the reaper shall take ye into his embrace!”

“It shall be thee whom hast the need to send thine prayers, for thou were resigned to oblivion once thee decided to make waste to such a place.” Lilith said, releasing her mirrored wings to protect from the torrent of flames.

“Verily so, foul oversized lizard. The king of this land hath proclaimed thou wish destruction upon this land and hath taken the princess as thy hostage to meet such ends.” Anthony said manifesting a spear made from darkness.

After a long and arduous battle with the dragon Jubal Lilith and Anthony triumphed. In front of their defeated foe Lilith said, “’Twas more trouble than ‘twas worth.”

“Better once than never, for never to late, but to what ends did we give a judicious fight. Magic could resign such a foe to its fate without resistance.”  Anthony questioned their fruitless actions.

“Mayhaps in the excitement of the moment, we hath become foolhardy and rash, for magic beist the optimal path.” Lilith acquiesced.

“Nevertheless, farewell Jubal the Unyielding, perchance when we meet within the Afterlife cousins we shall be.”

Jubal, the dragon imparted words to the adversaries who bested him, “I hath survived the perils of generations of heros and hunters, till afeard they became. ‘They cometh, some green heros, resolute and with mettle to the reaper’ I believed of ye, but thou hast slain me with thy blades, such is my retribution. If ye shalt inherit from me keep the maiden Rosetta safe. She may calleth vindication upon ye, but you art powerful so undergo this task even if this be my fate. For she is mine love. I bear no grudge for such karma is mine who taketh others love, to have mine own taken away.” And with those somber words the dragon laid at rest.

““Uh,”” Was the reaction of the two who had just undertaken such a task on an ephemeral thing as a whim.

From a room hidden to them before a fair maiden emerged, “Oh Jubal! Wherefore art thou Jubal! Deny thyself and embrace me, for after meeting thee, no other name could I profess my love,”

“My lady, What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet.” Emelia said, “Jubal hoped thy wouldst be happy beyond his departure from his mortal shell.”

Rosetta, incensed at Emelia’s words, replied, “Such a thing is inconceivable. Get ye out of here for his grave shalt hold two.”

“I think we have such a tragedy between R&J recreated.” Lilith pondered at the sight of lovers whose flame was snuffed out too soon.

Anthony the contrarian remarked, “’twas the fault of the friar.”

“Methinks we should call back the dragon's spirit. It seems to be in repentance and I wish not to sow more tragedy upon this land.” Emelia suggested.

0