Aren’t you dead?
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Anthony and Lilith were talking about the necessity of reading documents before you sign, one of the Valkyrie’s floated towards them. When the Valkyrie saw their faces she stopped opening and closing her mouth like a goldfish. “Lilith, Anthony, WHAT HAPPENED!?!”

Hearing a familiar voice Lilith turned around and saw the surprised face of Regin, “’ey Regin. How’s it going bro?”

“Uhm, it’s been alright, studied for that test in ma-, NOT THAT!” she grabbed Lilith’s shoulders and shook her back and forth, “WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!”

Lilith just gave a meek shrug and said, “Nothing. Why are you freaking out dude?”

“AREN’T YOU GUYS DEAD!”

“What,”

“Huh,”

“I don’t think I’m dead,” Lilith said, pinching herself to confirm. “Yup not dead,”

“Pinches are for dreaming, but we’re in Valhalla, the Norse afterlife for half the people who’ve died in glorious battle,” Regin explained while keeping hold of Lilith’s shoulders. “Wait, what battle were you guys in?”

“Haven’t been in any battles. Anthony, you?”

“Don’t think so,”

“So, yeah, no battles,” Lilith shrugged her shoulders and tried to escape Regin’s grasp.

“Oh, right then, if it wasn't a glorious battle, how’d you get here?” Regin asked, wondering about possible security leaks in Valhalla, “I don’t remember there being alternate ways to enter Valhalla unless you’re a Valkyrie or Asgardian.

“We flew on a rainbow slingshot,” Lilith replied.

“Regin, I have a question.” Anthony said raising his hand, “We went to school first but it exploded. Does that normally happen?”

“Huh… exploding… school... ” She said nodding with each word until she slammed her fist into her hand, “It’s today! Crap we’re late! LATE! I gotta get going! BYE!” She said before flying into the horizon.

“Late for what!” Anthony shouted towards her receding figure.

“The Interscholastic Magical Student Standardized Competition Ultimate League for Mythically Inclined Students or ‘2L’ for short!” She said as she flew away.

“Where the Hell, with two ‘L’s, did 2L come from!” He shouted back at the absurdly long name and the even weirder shorthand. 

“Too long,”

“What the he-, and she’s gone,” Anthony said, no longer able to see her form in the air. Then he noticed the fields of corpses in the surroundings. “I forgot to ask about that, dangit.”

Then the dead bodies all disappeared at one and the field was clean of the blood and iron that stained the plains and they could hear shouts of victory in the distance. As the group of death-gods stood there dumbfounded, another Valkyrie came down to greet them, “My sincerest apologies for my companions actions. I will be your guide though Valhalla temporary managers. My name is Sann Griðr.

“SAN, do we need to do a check? It's a bit late but I’ve seen some crazy stuff, or is the Cthulhu arc next.” Anthony said remembering his table-top roleplaying experiences.

“Cthulhu’s called and he’s in the ocean,” Emelia replied, “But Azathoth is coming and Ni-, Nyarel-, Nyarlthothe-, *ahem*. Has a thousand names and picks the impossible one. The Crawling Chaos is already here, somewhere… right behind you.”

As Lilith turns around to check behind her, Emelia says ‘boo’ in an attempt to scare her. After realizing that no outer gods were in the vicinity Lilith asked, “Wasn’t the school arc next dude? I heard that Hunkules was gonna be there. Oh and our friends are gonna show up for real this time.”

“Could you please leave the fourth wall somewhat intact, and I assume you will not be staying for the extended tour so please give me any questions you have now and find me at a later point if you want a thorough tour.” Sann interjected before they broke all the narrative barriers.

“Sure bro, what happened to all the people here before.” Lilith asked, gesturing to the now empty field.

“The einherjar got revived and are probably drinking mead in the great hall.” Sann said, before looking at the hall, “I also think some demons are in there two.”

“Oh yeah, is Belial there?” Anthony asked, remembering the purpose for this whole excursion.

“Belial? The heck’s he?” Lilith asked as she and Emelia tilted their heads in confusion.

SAN Values:

Lilith: ±∞

Anthony: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A start

Emelia: 777

Hel: 42

Regin: 2

0