The School Festival
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After remembering who Belial was and arguing over which story arc should happen next, they decided to have the school arc next. Hel decided to wander around Valhalla while the rest of them went to learn about 2L.

They returned to the remains of the blown up school, but when they arrived at the school instead of ruins they found a remodeled school with a festive atmosphere. There were battle arenas and stalls set up all over the schoolyard, along with posters and banners with ‘Interscholastic Magical Student something or other’ written on them.

“What is up with the signs, and what happened to the school, it almost looks like a party” Anthony said looking around the school remodeled for the festivities. 

As they approached the main section of the school, a familiar blonde Valkyrie flew over to them. Regin was holding some pamphlets in her hands as she approached them. She shoved the pamphlets in her hands and said, “I got you guys registered and entered into some events. Here’s the schedule. Gotta go now. Bye.”

“Alright, ‘kay bye,” Lilith waved her away and flipped through the schedule, “Let’s see here.”

“So is 2L just an excuse to party?” Anthony asked, seeing the party like atmosphere and events. 

“Look, look,” Lilith pulled on Anthony’s arm and pointed at a point on the map. “They’re selling magical moss, it’s magic moss! And King Arthur is doing an exhibition match with Mulan! Mulan! Do you think I can get her autograph?”

“Yeah, sure, probably, just don’t harass her for an autograph and is that really moss?” Anthony said as they walked up to the stall that sold magic plants and animals. There was an ad for firebirds, mini-unicorns, pet rocks, mandrakes, tiny treants, griffins and more on the stall, As they approached the stall they noticed that instead of a stall it was a lone door hanging in the space.

Suddenly the door was thrown open from the inside as a dandy young man with amber colored hair. He had a light blue vest and pants and spoke in a gentlemanly voice, “Good day, miladies, sir, let me welcome you to Earl’s Eccentric Emporium. I am the owner of this fine establishment, so you must allow me to guide you around.”

He held the door open and followed after they all entered the door. When they walked through the door they appeared on top of a mountain. Seeing this Lilith said, “So it’s bigger on the inside.”

To this Earl, who followed them through the door, replied, “In fact it’s smaller on the outside.”

“Isn’t it a dimensional door?” Anthony said, “It doesn’t lead to an entrance, and the door isn’t attached to anything either.”

To his fussing over schematics Earl just walked on, “Yeah well, it makes you wonder… regardless, follow me, since this place can be quite dangerous if you don’t know what can be around the corner.”

Not listening to his warning Lilith ran off causing Anthony and Emeila to chase after her. When she approached the forest a dark shadow came out of the forest and flew towards her.

Lilith grabbed the shadow that came flying towards her to reveal a bright red rooster, “Hey guys I found a rooster! It doesn’t look dangerous—” as she said that the chicken spit fire as bright as its feathers right into Lilith’s face.

“I need healing.”

*****

After obtaining moss that looked like it was from the twilight zone and Mulan’s autograph the group was walking towards the main hall of the event. While heading to the gymnasium Anthony asked, “So Emelia, why did you get the rooster?”

“I took her,” she said, hugging the bright red rooster as it spit fire towards them.

“Isn’t it a rooster though?” Anthony asked, pointing to the bird’s large wattle and bright plumage. “Also I meant why do you have a rooster, is it that rooster?”

“I found Rory.”

“So it has a name already, but why do you have it, and it’s totally the same rooster?”

“Rory’s mine.” She pouted, hugging the rooster even tighter, “She’s a different rooster, definitely… totally… probably.”

“All right,” He gave up, “So that’s why Rory and Lilith giving each other the stare down, was it really that bad?”

Lilith was keeping a good social distance from the rooster which was staring like a hawk that found its prey, “I fear no man, but that thing,” she pointed to the rooster, “it scares me.”

“Sorry I asked,” Anthony said, walking towards the gym at a faster pace than before. When they finally arrived and entered the gym they found it to be filled with tons of people of every description.

“Hey guys, it’s bigger on the inside,” Lilith said, “Do you think we can time-travel in it, or does that only work for phone booths?”

“We can time travel in it,” Anthony said.

Lilith went wide-eyed, “Really?”

“Yeah, according to the program when we leave it should be around 45 minutes after we entered. Amazing right,” he said with a stupid grin on his face.

“Someone get me a flux capacitor,” Lilith glared at Anthony as she shoved him towards the bleachers.

When they finally sat on the bleachers the gym went dark and fell unnaturally silent. In the center of the gym a lone figure with glowing eyes appeared. It was the vampire Latin teacher Mr. Way, “Welcome everyone to the annual Interscholastic Magical Student Standardized Competition Ultimate—” he paused to take a note card from his suit jacket, “League for Mythically Inclined Students event.”

He continued to talk formalities about the event, “And with that everyone please head over to your assigned classrooms to take the Myth and Magic Achievement Test.”

Hearing this Lilith trying to speak but nothing came out. Realizing this, Lilith started to use sign language, “I’m out bro” before she turned on her heels and tried to escape the premise. As she was flying through the window two magic beasts came down from the sky and dragged her punching and kicking to one of the classrooms.

AN: This chapter is a bit late because I had exams. Sorry about that.

0