You Missed
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Sorry this one is just late. Enjoy.

After the testing session was over they regrouped outside the remodeled school. Lilith was half in tears as she walked out of the testing room, “Anthony do you remember #3?”

“Why should I remember #3?” Anthony said before rifling through the test papers. They submitted their answer sheets and kept the test papers. “Lets see… ‘The Two Days Revolution of the main world Afterlife resulted in the overthrow of Satan by whom—’ isn’t this question about us, though it took like two minutes.”

“Yeah, so like, why aren’t we on any of the answer choices, I need to talk with the PR department.” Lilith said before clenching a fist at the sky.

“You do that, but are space wizards really myths?” Anthony asked referencing another part of the text they just took.

“It was nom, ‘a long time ago, omph, in a galaxy far far away…’ so of course it is,” Emelia said between bites of cotton candy.

“What about the USS Enterprise? Is it boldly going where no no man has gone before,” Anthony inquired about the other sci-fi giant.

“The USS Enterprise is gutted and rusted on a dock in Virginia, because the US isn’t sure on how to dispose of a nuclear powered aircraft carrier.” Emelia said flatly.

“That’s, somehow depressing.” Anthony said averting his eyes towards the ground.

Lilith tried to liven up the mood saying, “Hey guys, weren’t those questions, like, ridiculously hard, one of the fill-in-the-blank questions was literally the periodic table, and the essay was the entire history of Eurasia in half an hour.”

“Yeah some of the questions were crazy, the entire reading writing section was in a different language every other sentence, there was no formula chart or calculator for the quantum mechanics section, and to explain the War of the Roses we needed to make a family tree going back six generations. Who the heck could pass that exam.” Anthony added.

“Gandalf,” Emelia said, “he wrote it.”

To that they could only nod in resignation.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

When the festivities were about to end for the day our group of devil-may-care death gods was discussing all that happened for the day,

“Who would have thought that Shakespeare would lose the poetry contest, the bookie said the odds were seven-to-eight.” Lilith vented to Anthony and Emelia.

“What did you bet, nothing crazy right?” Anthony asked, hoping that her gambling habits weren’t too destructive.

“Two hugs, one and a half flower petals, two grams of Orthotrichum kellmanii moss and three pennies.” 

“Moving on. Li Bai is one of the greatest poets ever.” Anthony glossed over Lilith’s strange gambling habits before asking Emelia their resident divine knowledge expert. “Also, weren’t the literal poetry gods Apollo, and Bragi entered into the contest. How did they lose to Li Bai, Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson, should they really be gods of poetry if they get 4th and 5th place.” 

After thinking with an intense expression on her face Emelia said, “Major.”

“So it’s the divine being equivalent of declaring your major.” Anthony said, “Is that why there’s no gods of math?”

“Math is hard,” Emelia added with a frown.

As they walked to the entrance of the school, they saw a beautiful woman lying on the ground lamenting her life with an overly dramatic performance, “Woe is me. Oh some galant kind person please heal my broken heart… with lots of love please?.”

“Good luck with that,” Anthony said, giving Lilith and Emelia a pat on the back before walking off, “I think I saw a space wizard over there.”

Before Lilith could walk away from the sham actor, Emelia had already walked over the woman and started patting her on her long hazel brown hair, “There, there,”

Seeing the small figure of Emelia patting the woman broke out into a joyous grin and embraced her, “You’re so cute♡! I just want to take you home and gobble you up.”

“Uhm,” Emelia asked as she was getting smothered, “Alright, now?”

“Yes?! I am feeling alllll better, thanks to little ol’ you. Now let’s go to my house, you will just LOVE it there,” She said walking towards the school gate with Emelia still embraced into her bosom.

From the embrace of the woman Emelia looked around and then mouthed, “Help,” at Lilith who just shrugged her shoulders. Then Emelia gave her the puppy dog eyes and Lilith cracked.

“Excuse me, um, miss,” Lilith said with an awkward smile on her face, “me and my friend there actually had some plans to go, uh, get… ice cream? yeah ice cream with some of our other friends. So, could you, maybe give her back for now, pretty please?”

“I’m sorry but I’m not interested right now. I’m going through a tough time. If you’re really THAT desperate I can ask my son to keep you company.” She said calling over a handsome young man with white wings sprouting from his back.

“What ma, thought ya said ya don’t need no help pickin’ people up.  The archery competition’s ‘bout ta start.” He said holding up the bow and arrow in his hands.

“Mother doesn’t need your help to get people. Mother just got too many so you need to keep this one company.” She said gesturing to Lilith before adding, “Besides you always come in last place in these competitions, Mother thinks it’s about time you gave up this little archery hobby.”

“Ma! Ya suppose’ ta be supportive. An’ them archers be insane six hundred yards ought ta be impossible alright.”

“Yeah, sure right love you bye.” The woman said, dragging a distressed Emelia with her.

Lilith, mildly confused about the whole situation, decided to follow after Emelia, when the young man declared, “ ‘fore ya follow me ma, let me show ya me archery, so help me convince ma.”

“Imma start with that tree there,” he said pointing to a tree about fifty yards away, before knocking and firing an arrow.

“You missed, like a lot,” Lilith pointed out mercilessly.

“I hit something,” he said pointing at a person with an arrow sticking out of them.

Recognizing this person Lilith called out to him, “Anthony are you all right!?”

“Of course not!” Anthony shouted back clutching his knee, “I just took an arrow to the knee! How could I be all—. Actually I’m not hurt, weird.”

“Hey man sorry ‘bout that,” the archer said walking over, “Ya sure you’re alright.”

“Yeah I feel fine actually,” He said, “I’m Anthony it's nice to meet you.”

“Eros nice ta meetcha’, real sorry,” Eros said shaking Anthony’s outstretched hand.

“I said it’s fi—” Anthony paused while reassuring him, “Wait, Eros, are the Greek version of Cupid.”

“Right like,” He said with a big grin, “If ya ever need help with the ladies, I’m ya man.”

Anthony asked with a grimace, “Was that one of those arrows.”

Seeing the problem Eros just shut his mouth and nodded slightly.

“God dang it.”

0