Spy Demons and Homework
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay first is Bael, she should be arriving now," Anthony said after taking a seat and taking the top paper from the stack.

A gray cat with sky blue eyes appeared near the pavilion from nowhere and spoke in a hoarse voice, "That would be me, dearies. I am Bael, but you can just call me Baal."

Lilith pointed at the talking cat and asked, "Are you just a cat, or can you become other things too?"

"Oh well, I can become a toad dearie," she said becoming a toad, "Or I can become something like this," turning into an elderly woman with sepia skin in a bright blue court gown with the heads of the cat and toad growing out of her shoulders.

Eyes darting every which way Anthony said, "Can you become a normal person?"

"Of course deary," she replied before the cat and toad heads disappeared from her shoulders.

"Baal, what can you do for my new Underworld?" Lilith asked getting straight to the point.

"Well I am a Queen of the demons, I have sixty-six legions and-," Baal replied before Lilith interrupted.

Whispering to Anthony she said, "Aren't Queens above princes?"

In a soft voice, he replied, "That's usually right."

"Then why are we princes while she's a Queen?"

"Do you expect the socio-political system of the Underworld to make any sense?"

"True," Lilith said shrugging her shoulders, before addressing Baal, "Sorry ‘bout that, continue."

"No worries dearie, I can also make people invisible," Baal replied.

“Cool,” Lilith replied and after silence filled the next few seconds continued, “Is that all?”

“Oh, yes it is dearie,” the elderly lady replied.

Showing slight disappointment Lilith said, “Well, thanks for coming you can go now, we'll talk later.”

After she left Anthony said, "So we're not employing her, right?"

"Why wouldn't we employ her?" she replied back, "She was so nice."

"Yeah but do we need someone who can turn people invisible," Anthony replied.

After thinking about it for a second Lilith replied, "She can run the secret service. We can have a grandma run the secret service."

Tilting his head Anthony said, "Why do we need a secret service?"

"What if some demon tries to kill us. They can go and find the bad guys and beat them up."

"Do we really need it. Just look at the top of that mountain over there." Anthony said, pointing at a mountain in the distance. Then he snapped his fingers. The top of the mountain disappeared into nothing. When he snapped his fingers again, the top of the mountain reappeared like nothing ever happened. 

"I really don't think we need it," Anthony said, waving his hands towards the mountain that was annihilated and reconstructed instantly.

“Still, a grandma running the secret service of invisible people is pretty awesome,” Lilith said nudging him with her elbow.

“Fine, it’s not like it’ll hurt,” Anthony acquiesced. “The next person should be here soon. Oh, it seems like they’re here.”

A hawk was circling above the area and swooped down, not to the ground, but onto the wrinkled arm of a pale old man. 

"Hello, young lords, I am Agares a Duke. It is my honor to make your acquaintance.” Agares said. He was a pale old man with a mild appearance riding on a crocodile with the gray hawk on his arm.

“So what do you do, are you an austringer?” Anthony asked.

Lilith responded, “What the heck is an austringer? Were we supposed to learn what that was in Latin.”

Matter-of-factly he replied, “No, it's just a fancy word in falconing for people who train hawks.”

“Why didn’t you just say falconer then,” Lilith said sighing, “Anyways, what do you do falconer dude?”

“Well besides falconry, I rule over 36 legions of spirits, I can bring back runaways, I can give ranks and positions, and I can teach all languages,” he said.

“Can you teach me Latin, I want to pass the class, also maybe Mandarin it seems cool,” Lilith asked raising her hand.

“Are you not passing?” Anthony asked.

“We don’t talk about it, okay. Agares you can be the head of human resources,” Lilith said dismissing Anthony’s question.

“Also, this is especially amazing, I can make people stop procrastinating,” he said with a proud expression.

“NO WAY!” “I don’t believe it,” Lilith and Anthony, two “normal” high schoolers exclaimed.

With a smug expression, Agares stood up from his crocodile mount and pointed to each of them, “Lilith aren’t you forgetting that essay assignment in history, and Anthony don’t you need to finish that research project for Latin and the assignment for math. Just because you control the Afterlife now doesn’t mean that you can use it as an excuse to not do your work,”

“Fine,” Lilith said walking out to get her homework with Anthony behind her.

0