Just as Planned
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now we're done," Lilith said gesturing to Agares, "Agares, head of HR, next demon please."

When they reentered the courtyard Emelia yawned and asked them, "Hallo, what happened while I was napping."

"Spy grandma and procrastination." Lilith inadequately explained.

"That's not right-, actually I guess that is right." Anthony tried to explain before realizing that it would be pointless.

Emelia confused by the seemingly unrelated topics tilted her head and asked, "Spy grandma? And procrastination? What?"

Patting her on the head Lilith said, "You'll understand when you're older."

Pouting Emelia poked Lilith and said, "Uhm, I'm older than you."

"Never change Emelia," Lilith said in response to her annoyance. "Where is the next demon?"

"Right here," said the voice of a young lady. They found the source of the voice to be a woman with rosy skin and white hair, but her most striking features were her taloned hands and wings, a wing of amethyst growing from her left shoulder and a wing of topaz from the right. The woman pointed to Lilith and said, 'Your phone is in the drawer in your room." then to Anthony, "Your pen is on the paper stack third on the left of your desk.”

“What? Who are y-, “ Anthony started to say before he was interrupted by the young woman.

"Oh no, I forgot that part, dang it. I’m Vassago legions demons, things future past, and lost things two minutes ago.” Vassago said in an incomprehensibly quick voice. A moment of silence passed, then Vassago covered her mouth in horror at her own introduction. Then with a teary face, she wailed out, "What did I do. I just needed to do it normally and it would have been fine. I just had to look at the future like a quadrillion times. Please, don't fire me, I really like my job. I was just so nervous about this interview, that I've rehearsed for it in my mind for the last 50 years because I just wanted to make a good first impression. I swear I can do better. So, please, please, don't fire me."

Lilith gave Vassago an understanding gaze and calmly said, "Dude, just chill out we won't kill you, and answer normally, please.”

Vassago wiped the tears from her eyes, rearranged her appearance, and said, "Excuse me, I am Vassago. I am a Princess who governs over twenty-six legions of spirits. I am able to speak of things past and future. I can also find anything that is hidden or lost. I currently work as the receptionist for the Afterlife's internal government office.

"You seem chill, so you can stay at your current job," Lilith replied after skimming the papers in front of her. 

"Thank you so much," Vassago said in a sincere voice while giving a slight bow, before turning on her heels and walking out of the room. As she spread her wings to leave the courtyard the three of them heard a slight whisper in the same sincere voice saying, "Just as planned."

After a few moments of awkward silence Emelia asked with her innocent smile, "Umm, you two heard that right? Was that all just a, you know."

Anthony, who was facepalming, gave a strained smile and denied reality by saying, "Nope, I have no clue what you're talking about. That whole thing totally wasn't just a scheme, by someone with prescience. There's definitely no way that could be what you're referring to, right."

0