Chapter 4
1k 12 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What?” Leyton asked in amazement while Skye looked shocked. “An Embassy of Chaos? I’m guessing they’re the villains here?”

“Yes, and they’ve been causing chaos and destruction everywhere they go,” the white angel, Lexi, informed him with a serious voice.

“Oh,” said Leyton, pondering for a moment before saying, “I take it they somehow got wind of us coming to this world and so, sent a dragon to destroy us?”

“Yes,” agreed both angels simultaneously.

There was a moment of pause, which made Skye ask him, “What is it, Leyley? You’re thinking of something to do?”

He shook his head and replied, “No. I’m just thinking they went overboard by sending a dragon to destroy us.”

His words stunned his wife while shocking the angels, making them exclaim, “That’s what you’re concerned about?!”

As he smiled in embarrassment at them, the angels turned to each other with panicked faces and began conversation about what to do.

“We need to get out of here,” said Veva.

“I know, but it’ll take us probably ten minutes to set up the teleportation magic since we don’t have any of the necessary tools,” said Lexi in a dejected voice.

“Dammit! How careless of us to come here without preparing for anything like this!” Veva complained, feeling angry at their foolishness.

“Sir,” said Lexi while turning to the couple. “We’ll be leaving by flight.”

“Flying?” He asked, looking shocked. “So, we’re flying.” He hesitated a moment longer before asking them, “Could you, um, hug me?”

In an instant, all three women there became shocked by his words and exclaimed, “Huh?!”

“Leyley, why do you want to hug them when you have me?” Skye asked him in sorrow.

He realised the misunderstanding caused by his words and quickly waved his hands at them.

“No! I didn’t mean it that way! Honest!” He said, trying to convince them while the angels looked worried. “I just don’t want to dangle or anything from your hands.”

“Oh. That,” said Lexi, finally understanding what he meant as the two angels and his wife relaxed. “It’ll be fine, sir. We won’t drop you.”

Leyton shook his head vehemently and said, “Please, no. I’d rather run from here than fly by dangling myself with you holding onto my hands. It’s… scary.”

The angels turned to each other while Skye looked up at her husband and asked shrewdly, “Leyley… Are you perhaps… thinking of something strange like you normally do…?”

She was referring to his bad habit of being a pervert and assumed that he was thinking of something strange when he asked one of the angels to hug him and fly off.

“I’m being serious, Skye!” He said, trying to convince her. “I just don’t want to have this… dangling by the thread feeling. Seriously!”

“Hmm?”

His wife eyed him curiously before the angels turned back to them and said, “Alright, sir. We’ll comply since it would take us too long to run from here, and flying is quicker than activating the teleportation magic.”

As they approached each of them, Skye asked them, “Couldn’t you fight that monster if you wanted to? I mean, you are angels, right? Aren’t you supposedly really strong?”

“Yes, well, we are to some extent but fighting a dragon of that size is a little bit… out of our league,” stated Veva with a sad smile.

Lexi walked towards Leyton and said a little timidly, “Alright, sir. Please be gentle.”

He was alarmed by her reaction and said, “D-Don’t say such things that’ll cause misunderstandings. I won’t do anything weird. Besides, I’m already married.”

She nodded quietly before he walked forward and slowly placed his arms around her waist. When he accidentally brushed her wings with his hands, she winced and shuddered while making a strange sound of, “Mph!”

“Ah! Sorry!” Leyton said quickly, trying to pull his hands away, but she grabbed his hands and forcefully made him hug her.

“It’s okay, sir. I’m just… not used to this kind of sensation,” she said weakly with a blush forming on her face.

Leyton saw her face and turned to look at Skye who was hugging onto Veva, wondering what she was thinking. Sure enough, his wife looked sadly at him having to hug another woman beside her.

“It’s only temporary!” He called to her, and she nodded weakly.

“Alright! Let’s go!” Veva announced loudly.

With that, the two angels flapped their wings and kicked off the ground to fly into the air. By the sudden force of them taking off, Leyton winced and hugged Lexi tightly. This, in turn, caused her to wince and made her flying become sloppy.

“Please… don’t hug so tightly…!” She said with a heavy breathing.

“S-Sorry!” He exclaimed, relaxing his grip a little to ease the pressure on her.

The two angels flapped their wings every now and then while moving as fast as they possibly could away from the dragon. However, the large monster was fast and got nearer to them fairly quickly.

“Watch out!” Veva shouted.

As they desperately tried to outfly the dragon, Leyton looked over Lexi’s shoulders and stared at the dragon in shock. It seemed to look back at him and let out a huge roar that caused a violent wind to buffet against all of them.

While Lexi steered through it and was aiming to get out of the way, the dragon roared again. The huge sound and the thought of falling caused him to hug her tightly once more. As she flinched, and her body shuddered, the dragon soared towards them, but they were above its head where its mouth could not reach. So, all it could do was raise its head and headbutted them with a tremendous force.

The two of them screamed as they fell downwards and crashed heavily against the ground. Veva and Skye, who had evaded the dragon, watched them crash with an alarmed look on their faces.

“Lexi!”

“Leyton!”

They dived down towards where the angel and human had crashed at. The dust cloud slowly cleared to reveal Layton lying on the ground while making soft moaning sounds with the angel crouched on top of him.

“Huh?” Lexi asked, sitting upright and looking around in amazement. “We’re alive.”

“Yeah, but I don’t think my back is,” he replied weakly.

That was when she realised, she was sitting on top of him and instantly became worried for him.

“Oh no! Sir Leyton! Are you alright? Did you shield our fall with your back?”

“I don’t think I did it willingly,” he replied, smiling wryly up at her. “Also, please get off. You’re sitting in a really wrong spot.”

“Eh?” She asked and blinked in surprise, not understanding what he meant.

Suddenly, she was shoved aside by Skye, who had charged towards them the moment she landed by saying, “Move aside!”

As Lexi fell comically to the side, the wife turned to her husband and asked, “Are you alright, Leyton?”

“Do I look alright to you?” He asked her back with a small smile.

She could see him in pain and for a moment worried that he had broken his back. However, Leyton blinked in surprise as he did not feel the kind of pain he was expecting from having landed on his back.

“Huh?” He asked, and sat upright much to everyone’s surprise. “My back isn’t broken. I’m fine?”

“Yes, you are!” Skye exclaimed, and she moved forward to wrap her arms around him and hug him tightly. “I’m so glad you’re not hurt.”

“Yeah. I guess so, but… how I did not get hurt?” He muttered curiously.

No one answered him, and there was no time because, at that moment, they felt a strange build-up of energy coming from somewhere. They turned and saw that the dragon had opened its mouth wide and was carrying a ball of fire in it before launching it straight at them.

“Oh no!” Veva shouted in shock.

She faced towards it and extended her hands out while shouting, “Barrier!”

In an instant, a blue like sphere surrounded them as a protective shield from all kinds of attacks. Lexi quickly rose to her feet and went to stand at her friend’s side while casting the same magic spell to double the protection layer.

Behind them, Leyton and Skye watched in amazement as the two brave angels used their barrier to stand against the ball of fire hat rocketed towards them. They thought that everything would be fine, but they did not expect that the moment the fireball smashed into the barrier, it became a mighty explosion with immense power that it shattered the barriers and sent them all flying off their feet.

They crash landed several meters away, sporting minor wounds and injuries. Leyton was the first to rise to his feet and looked around in shock as the smoke from the explosion drifted around. Then he quickly glanced around him trying to find where his wife was before noticing her lying about a meter away.

“Skye!” He shouted in shock when he saw her lying face down on the grass and did not move.

He rose to his feet and hurried over to her before falling down to his knees before her while asking, “Skye! Are you okay?”

When she did not respond, he feared the worst and gently turning her over to find her alive and breathing. She gasped for breath and groaned before looking up at him before smiling weakly at him.

“Wow. That was quite the crash landing I just had,” she commented wearily.

He smiled weakly and said, “I’m glad you’re alright.”

However, his expression became dark when he noticed the cuts and bruises on her from the crash she had. He was sporting similar injuries from his crash landing, but he did not feel the pain and instead, felt an enormous amount of anger build up inside him.

As the dragon roared, he slowly turned towards it and showed it a look of pure hatred. It was responsible for causing his wife to have such injuries, and made him want to destroy it.

“How dare you…?!” He exclaimed slowly, glaring menacingly as his angry feelings surged to the surface like a volcano and erupted all at once, causing him to roar the words, “HOW DARE YOU HURT MY SKYE!!!!!!!!”

His words echoed loud and clear in the open grassy field, but that was not the only thing that occurred. The roaring words transformed into a violent burst of wind that swept away towards the monster at an incredible speed.

The dragon reacted in surprise as the violent wind came at it before its body got shredded into pieces. The violent power that Leyton unleashed was so powerful that it instantly killed the monster before it could react. This caused a shower of meat and blood to rain down onto the grassy field as its shredded body pieces fell everywhere.

Seeing the result of his scream, Leyton widened her eyes in alarm and expressed what he felt with just one word.

“Huh?”

 

==== + ==== + ==== + ====

 

Closing the Book

 

“Well, like I thought, he did defeat the dragon, but… what an unexpected finish,” the boy said, sounding surprised and amused at the same time when he completed the chapter.

“Yeah, well, I think any husband would be super mad at the thing that hurt his wife,” the older man replied with a sheepish smile.

“No kidding,” the boy commented, smiling slightly and looking down at the chapter. “Still, the descriptions are a little bit too precise.”

“Hmm? In what way?”

“His power was so great that it shredded the monster’s body into pieces and caused it to rain meat and blood everywhere,” the boy said and shuddered. “A little bit gory, don’t you think?”

“Ah. That one,” the older man said, and smiled. “Well, compared to the extreme gory content written in other novels, I consider this to be mild. At least, he didn’t go into the extra detail of the intestines and—!”

“Alright! Alright! I don’t need to hear it!” The boy exclaimed, clapping his hands over his ears in shock.

As the older man laughed, and when the boy uncovered his ears, he asked in a curious voice, “So, how did his sense of humour treat you in this chapter?”

“It’s… well…” the boy began and looked at him. “To put it bluntly; it’s opinion based. You did tell me to ignore it if I didn’t like it and keep going with the story, but not everyone would enjoy this, you know?”

“Of course not. With everyone having different tastes, it’s hard to satisfy everyone,” the older man agreed. “Still, the author had a good time writing about it.”

“He sure did, but I’ll just write that off as him being strange in the head. It’s become a standard anyway,” the boy said, and the man laughed. “But I do like the way he ended it on a comical tone.”

“Yeah, with Leyton being both surprised and baffled by what just happened. It’s hilarious,” the older man agreed with a grin. “It also shows that the author is doing his overpowered characters differently to how they’re done.”

“We’ll see that in the next chapter,” the boy said. Then he looked worried and asked the older man, “Um… Won’t we?”

The man beamed and winked at him as he replied, “Yes!”

15