Chapter 6
676 7 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Embassy of Chaos were known as the beings that cause chaos and destruction wherever they went. Their settlement was located away from the other Embassies and it was fortified by tall walls made of stone. In addition to that, they had warriors stationed atop the walls in a line to guard the place.

Behind the wall was a huge army comprised of many different monsters from various races and sizes. There were dragons, demons with horns, and beasts with inhuman features that walked on two feet with claw like hands, and they were located in each quadrant of the settlement.

Several demonic beings with horns with jet like wings moved among the army, checking on their supplies and arranging the armies into groups. There were others stationed inside tents communicating with other forces that were spread around the world with mission of their own to conduct.

It was during one of these transmissions that they found out about something that shocked all of them. They informed a spectacled demon with large horns, and he widened his eyes before quickly marching out of the tent and towards the fort in the centre of the settlement.

After walking through the entrance, he arrived at a large door and knocked on it twice before he heard the command, “Enter.” He turned the knob of the door and pushed it open to go inside, where he saw a large u-shaped table with many seats.

Presently, only one was filled by a man, and he was seated at the other end of the room at the centre of the table. That person was none other than the leader of the Embassy of Chaos, Everett Scrivenor.

“What is it, commander?” His leader asked him curtly. “I thought I told everyone to leave me alone for a while, haven’t I?”

The commander gulped as he knew his leader was a very temperamental person, and would lash out if he was pushed in the wrong way. So, he chose his words carefully and informed him of the situation.

“Sir, it’s an urgent news that we received from one of the checkpoints.”

His leader did not say anything, appearing to narrow his eyes as he waited for the commander to say it. He had a slender body and appeared quite normal according to the standards of a demon, however, his eyes were red vertical pupils, and he had six jet black wings compared to the two or four wings that most demons have. That itself was an indicator of his superiority over them.

The commander took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh before telling him about the dragon.

“Sir. It appears that the dragon we had sent to take care of the individuals from another world was defeated.”

This news caused the leader to widen his eyes in alarm and made him ask, “What? Defeated? Did you check the news properly?”

“I certainly did, sir,” he said, nodding his head in assent. “They reported that they lost the signal from the dragon, and could not trace its life signs—!”

“—meaning that it was killed in battle,” his leader finished, and glared at him. “Did you send the strongest dragon like I ordered you to?”

“We did, sir!” The commander replied quickly, realising that his leader was growing angry by the second. “It was a Red Dragon, one of the strongest from the dragon class and it was capable of destroying an entire city on its own!”

“And it lost to some random individuals from another world?” Everett asked coldly.

“W-Well…” the commander said and faltered, realising no amount of excuses he conjured up could hide the truth. He looked hesitantly at him before admitting, “T-They were… probably strong, sir.”

At his words, Everett snorted and replied, “Nonsense. That dragon must’ve been killed due to trickery. No matter. If one fails, let’s send ten next time.”

“Yes, sir!” The commander said, and saluted while inwardly sighing in relief that he was not punished.

It was at that moment that the door to the room burst open and someone stood there breathing heavily. As it appeared, this person had run to them as fast as he could because of something that was so urgent that he had to ignore the proper etiquette of knocking and entering.

“Sir, there’s a prob—!”

Suddenly, he was silenced when a laser came out of nowhere and pierced through his throat, killing him instantly. The attack originated from Everett’s finger, which he casually raised and aimed at the man before firing the attack.

“What a rude fellow,” he commented casually, looking satisfied since he got to relieve the pent-up anger he felt over the loss of a powerful dragon.

The commander, who was shocked by the man’s sudden entry into the room, watched with sorrow as he lay dead on the floor. Then he remembered the man was saying something and turned to speak to his leader.

“Sir, I think he was here to inform us about something.”

“Go find out what it is,” his leader replied curtly. “O, and make sure to clean up this mess.”

At his words, the commander looked at the dead body and nodded wordlessly. He aimed his hand down at the man’s body that caused him to float into the air and move out of the room. Then he washed away the blood on the floor by waving his hand that caused water to appear before wiping it away with another wave of his hand before he exited out of the room.

He quickly hurried out of the fort and felt an unrest among the army as if something was wrong, especially the beasts and the dragons. Unlike the demons, they had an acute sense that allowed them to sense things that are far away and feel things that cannot be sensed by normal means.

Then he heard it, a strange whirring sound somewhere far away. He hurried towards the front of the settlement and walked out through the large gates to find the guards looking just as worried as him.

“Sir, something is coming this way!” One of the guards told him in a worried voice.

“Yes. I hear it too,” the commander replied, narrowing his eyes and looking into the distance.

While the sound of whirring sounds drew closer, they could also hear the sound of grinding sounds as something moved along the ground. Then they saw a large mass of green appear in the horizon and move slowly towards them. At the same time, they noticed that there were odd objects flying high in the sky above the mass of green.

“W-What are those?!” One of the guards exclaimed in shock.

“I have no clue!” Said another honestly. “It’s my first time seeing something like that!”

The commander gritted his teeth and looked up at the ramparts and bellowed, “Can you see what they are?”

“Yes, sir, but I don’t recognise any of them!” The reply came in a loud carrying voice.

“How many of them can you see?”

“More than fifty, sir! As for the ones flying, I spot twenty of them!”

“That’s not many,” the commander muttered, turning back to face the front. “Yet, why do I get this feeling that we’re in a bad situation?”

The sound from the incoming unknown entities soon began to reverberate in the surrounding environment and made their ears prickle from the volume. They stared in shock at the incoming entities before the commander realising a battle was imminent and turned to order his men that stood behind him.

“Men! Prepare for battle!”

Like him, they too were transfixed by the strange appearance of the green in the horizon before they nodded at him in agreement. After saluting to him, they turned around and sprinted back into the settlement to get the army ready while the commander turned back to face the unknown entities that made a lot of sound.

A few seconds later, the advancing beings came to a halt, and while the sound continued to echo in the surroundings, they appeared to not move anymore. This confused him and the watching guards, including the guards on the ramparts that had a better view than those on the ground.

“They stopped, sir!” They informed the commander.

“I can see that for myself!” The commander replied angrily. “What I want to know is—!”

What he wanted to know was lost, cut off when an ear-splitting shrieking sound occurred from the mass of green. This caused everyone to wince with shock and clap their hands over their ears in shock by the unbelievably loud sound.

A moment later, they uncovered their ears that were still ringing with the sound and heard a voice that said, “Oopsy-daisy. That was loud.”

Then they heard a much lower volume of a female voice that responded to the speaker, “Be careful, Leyton. You could’ve destroyed our eardrums with it.”

“Yeah. Sorry about that, Skye,” the man, named Leyton, replied to her in a low voice. Then his voice boomed again as it was directed at the Embassy of Chaos as he said, “Ahem! Greetings, people! We’re the people that came from another world that you tried to recently destroy and failed miserably.”

That introduction shocked the guards while the commander clenched his fists and muttered, “So, it’s them, but what are they doing here so soon? In fact, what happened to the checkpoint on the way?”

While he was muttering to himself, he heard the speaker go on saying, “By the way, I want to make sure of something, so here goes.” They heard him take a deep breath before exclaiming, “All your base are belong to us!”

 

==== + ==== + ==== + ====

 

Closing the Book

 

“What?!” The boy exclaimed, staring at the last dialogue of the chapter in shock. “What in the world was that?!”

The man burst into laughter and asked, “Quite unexpected, isn’t it?”

“Yes!” The boy admitted, looking up at him in shock. “Not only did he gather what sounded like fifty tanks and twenty helicopters, but he also tried to use something that sounded like a cheat code, although I didn’t get the reference.”

The man chuckled and said, “You’re right, but it was originally a quote from an old computer game called Zero Wing. Then it became really famous and was used widely in other games as a cheat code to win the battle automatically.”

“Oh! I get it now!” The boy said, nodding in understanding. “That means he was probably trying to see if it worked or not.”

“He sure was,” the man replied with a smile.

“Honestly…!” The boy said, shaking his head in disbelief. “This is ridiculous! What was he thinking, using a cheat code from a game in that kind of situation? In fact, what was the author thinking?! I was only joking about this feeling more like a game, but it seems like the author is taking me too seriously!”

“Being unexpected, I guess?”

“There should be a limit to how unexpected one can be!”

“Yeah, well, it’s hard to control the imagination when it starts flying through the roof.”

“You make it sound like it’s a good thing.”

“Admit it, it’s funny, isn’t it?” The older man asked with a grin on his face.

“Fun is based on perspective, and it being more ridiculous makes more sense,” the boy stated wearily. “But then again, we’ve already established about the author being crazy, so I suppose this was something we should’ve seen coming.”

His words made the man chuckle and respond with, “Well, read on, to the next chapter since it’s getting so exciting.”

“Yes, but I’d like to know how he managed to move so many tanks and helicopters!” Suddenly, the boy had a wild idea and he exclaimed, “Don’t tell me he summoned people from other worlds to pilot them?!”

“Pft!” The older man said and burst into a hilarious laughter, causing the boy to look strangely at him. Even after recovering, he continued to smile widely as he asked, “Seriously? You think that makes sense?”

“Well if my theory about the tanks being summoned from another world from an alternate reality is true, then this makes sense!” The boy stated, nodding in agreement to his own words. “This means that, not only did he steal the tanks and helicopters from another world from an alternate reality, but he also kidnapped people from there. Then he probably put them under his mind control and made them pilot the vehicles! That would make our male protagonist… a bad guy!”

With his imagination running wild, the boy began sprouting stuff that made the man blink at him in amazement.

“You’ve got quite the imagination there,” the man said finally, and the boy looked at him in shock.

“But my theory makes perfect sense!” The boy replied adamantly.

The older man chuckled and replied, “We’ll see if there’s truth to it or that you’re just flying off your handle with your imagination once you stop talking and check out the next chapter.”

“Yeah!” The boy said firmly with determination, and the man smiled expectantly at him.

15