Getting Close To The Last Swarm!
348 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*HOURS LATER*

[Congratulations. Your team has successfully defended your Leader! The next swarm will appear in 30 minutes. The Leader can choose to start the next swarm early or sacrifice a member of their team to add 30 more minutes of rest.]

  Another group of plant monsters evolved through killing yet another swarm. It was at this point that the other Champions realized that Majin is an undefeatable goddess if given the time to prepare. They doubted that they would have even lasted past the 2nd swarm with most of their members intact. They were currently on the 7th swarm and Majin's plant defense has only become stronger as time gone on. Even she herself didn't believe that this would happen. Majin didn't realize that the plants she created were capable of evolution when the swarms just started and were able to get even stronger through time. The plant monsters were even capable of learning and communicating with each other once they evolved enough times and could now conduct strategic maneuvers without Majin's input.

'We haven't needed to lift a finger yet and its all because of that bottomless mana supply and nature magic..' Ren thought slightly envious.

  If he had that much mana, the world and all its counterparts would be his plaything. He would effectively become a God and be able to do whatever he wanted without anyone being able to stop him. Not even Her. But for now, he has to bid his time as her underling. If she gets suspicious of his loyalty, she might kill him out of fear or disobedience.

"Hahaha! This is pretty easy!" Majin said while looking at her diverse plant army.

  There were Piranha Plants, Goombas, Creepers, Toads, Pokey, Tangelas, and for this swarm the leaf type plant, Chikorita. She was wondering who should aid them in their fight but it turns out that she took too long thinking.

[THE MONSTERS ARE COMING! PROTECT YOUR LEADER!]

[SWARM 7/10]

[700/700]

  The sky suddenly was blocked out as flying monsters began spawning in mass. The Champions who were being carried by Majin suddenly felt an anvil drop in their guts.

"Flying!? NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT FLYING MONSTERS!" Liya, the golem girl whose able to control the weight of things, shouted.

"Hmph. Don't be so optimistic next time idiot." Buddy, the elf, insulted as he took out his bow and began firing arrow after arrow into the sky.

  The flying monsters began flying straight towards their stronghold and avoiding all the monster plants below. The champions prepared themselves for battle at this surprising situation and secretly knew that it would be hopeless with their set up. The monsters were too many and they would only be able to last a few minutes against them before being overrun and killed.

  Ren felt the She-Devil staring at him from behind and sighed inwardly. She wanted him to deal with this situation in her place. His guess was only enforced by the fact that he felt her mana being shared with him. She let the kobolds free and he activated his ability. The flying monsters and everyone else slowed down to a snail's pace and he unwrapped his soul weapon, the steel chain. The monsters she called Xenomorphs, were still on standby but the kobolds were fighting alongside the Champions. Zidane, the guy who could split his brain into multiple parts and use different elements, was surrounding his body in a flaming tornado and firing electricity at the birds that jumped from monster to monster, burning them into a crisp.

  Ken was using his bull-like head and fighting the birds like a classic delinquent but with explosions after every attack. Liya was using a metal fan created by Elise to blow the birds away or to smash them into a pulp while Elise herself was firing metallic shards at the monsters and surrounding herself with a cyclone of small metals. Buddy, the elf, was expertly dodging any incoming diving monsters while at the same time taking them out with his arrows. Every arrow found its mark and fatally killed a monster.

  Majin was slightly interested in Buddy. Despite showing no magic or broken wishes, he's able to survive so well just by being good at avoiding and archery. It's kind of like he's able to predict where the birds are going to…..

'That handsome bastard! He didn't tell me his true ability when I asked earlier! How clever… All the others told me without any problem and he is the only one to not show me his real one.. He's definitely mine. A time controlling minion and one that can see into the future! How exciting! How will anyone be able to compete against my group if we got abilities like these?' Majin thought to herself.

  Kristina, the water mage, was aiding anyone in trouble while avoiding attacks by encasing herself in a water armor that blocked any attacks from the birds but Majin doubted she would last long doing this. She doubted that anyone else but Ren and Buddy would last long enough to the see the end of this swarm. Zidane will run out of mana and die, Liya will get swarmed and pecked to death, Elise will run out of mana or be unable to damage the higher ranked birds still in the sky, Ken will run out of mana for his explosion magic, and Kristina will run out of mana and die as well.

'After the training I put Ren through, he should be able to take care of this swarm on his own. I trained him for over a year in the dreamworld and now he should be as strong as a top A-ranked adventurer or borderline S-rank. But his physical ability is really weak though. He's skilled in fighting but he's only as strong as he looks, a 16-18 year old geek. But even with his weak frame, his magic control and time ability more than makes up for his lack of strength.'

  Ren watched on as the kobolds gathered themselves back to back and took out every monster coming towards them through teamwork. The mage one protected them her blood magic. The sword-wielding kobold skillfully took out every bird aiming for them and the book one was continually drawing runes on pieces of paper and throwing them onto the other two. He figured it was about time he got started. The other Champions were beginning to lose their initial steam except for the elf.

'I wonder what ability he wished for…' Ren thought to himself as he begun infusing his mana into his chain.

  Using his mana to control the chain, he used it to snake through every monster and skewer them onto the chain. The chain bounced around the entire stronghold, penetrating every bird without any trouble and saving his current allies. His chain absorbed the bodies of the creatures and turned slightly golden. He turned off his time ability and everything was back to normal speed. The rest of the swarm were the higher ranked A and S ranked birds who had slightly more intelligence than the ones he just finished off. After taking out a majority of the swarm, Ren felt kind of good. He would never be able to accomplish something like this before he met Her, but he knew that he couldn't get too hooked onto this strength until he was completely free. He looked at her seeing if she wanted him to finish the rest off. She shook her head and then he was suddenly ambushed by Liya and Elise.

"Wow! How did you do that!? Your chain zipped through those monsters so fast that I could barely even see it!" Liya asked.

"You totally saved us!" Elise exclaimed.

  The two girls were hugging him and his face turned red. He was unable to come up with a response as the two girls continued to hang on to him and barrage him with questions.

"What kind of wish did you ask for?"

"Are you single?"

"Can you teach me how to do that?"

"Is that strong girl your girlfriend?"

"NO!" He denied vehemently. Suddenly he felt a crushing force on his shoulder and a terrifying aura coming from behind him.

"I'm not good enough for you huh minion? Remember this when we go to bed." Majin said before shooing away the girls.

  Ren was unable to come up with a response and cursed her and the two girls inside his mind but not before remembering the sweet sensation and smell of their bodies.

  The rest of the swarming was still flying above looking down at them.

"If they won't come to us, I'll go to them. Xeno, lets go kiddo." Majin said as she started flying with the white Xenomorph, who flew with its fleshy wings.

*SCREEEECH*

  The birds shouted in response to Majin's actions and the battle began its second round but this time it was an aerial battle. She didn't want to show the champions even more of her abilities so she stuck with using her basic strength and nature magic. Majin and Xeno easily tore through the flying creatures who attempted to attack them from all sides.

  Majin punched a bird in the beak, breaking its neck in the process. She swung her leg around in a whirlwind-like manner and took out multiple monsters around her. One of the S-ranked birds blasted lightning out of its beak and nearly shot a hole through her chest but thankfully she saw it in time and covered her hand in mana before smacking it away into another S-rank. The bird continued to fire lightning bolts at her but failed to realize with its dumb bird brain that it wasn't doing anything but letting her kill more of the flock. It soon ran out of mana and was dispatched with a vine drill through the chest.

  Majin used her nature magic and grew vines from her hands that extended and began choking, slicing, stabbing, and killing any monsters near her. Xeno was also effortlessly killing the flying monsters. It clawed through them as if they were pieces of paper. It tore them in half with its feet. But it didn't seem to care about defense at all. Even if a monster managed to claw or bite Xeno, it would do little to halt the aggressive hostile nature of the creature as it killed them in response. The bird swarm eventually realized that they were outmatched no matter where they decided to attack and started flying away.

???

"Can the swarm retreat?" Majin asked to no one in particular.

It began to rain and Majin and Xeno returned back to the stronghold.

[Congratulations. Your team has successfully defended your Leader! The next swarm will appear in 30 minutes. The Leader can choose to start the next swarm early or sacrifice a member of their team to add 30 more minutes of rest.]

"I guess the monsters can run away." Majin said.

"Hopefully my babies can be used this time around though. I'll have the Tangelas assist the plants that haven't evolved yet." Majin said to herself before skipping over to Buddy.

  She stood in front of him with an innocent smile. He looked at her before turning around and ignoring her but then all of a sudden jumped far away with his bow readied to fire at her. The rest of the champions were confused at Buddy's actions and Majin's smile perked up even further.

"I was right…" She muttered happily.

"Buddy what's the matter? Why did you freak out like that?" Elise asked.

"Didn't you see her!? She tried to kill me!" He shouted while sweating heavily and still aiming his bow at Majin.

"What are you talking about? She was just standing there." Ken told him.

  Majin stared into his eyes with a teasing smile and he suddenly hopped away once again and backed himself up to the wall.

"What is going on with you man?" Liya asked.

  Buddy's entire body was filled with sweat. He could have sworn she just tried to rip off his head that time. The first time she was going to rip his heart out.. Is he going crazy? That's impossible..

  Majin appeared in front of him once more. He saw the smile on her face and realized. She was toying with him. She found out his ability and knew how to exploit it. But what did she want from him? He put away his bow and looked her in the eyes.

"You found out." She giggled.

"What do you want….?" He asked clearly uncomfortable.

  Majin realized Buddy was the type of person who usually wasn't caught off guard and wasn't commonly in a lower position from those around him.

"After this Destiny Battle, I want you to be apart of my group." She said.

"And… If I refuse….?" He asked.

*STAB*

*SPURT*

  Majin's hand found itself suddenly punctured through the gut of Buddy who couldn't possibly react to such a speed in time. Blood spat out from his open mouth as he held onto Majin's arm. Blooding leaking from his mouth.

"I…. understand…." He guttered.

  And suddenly, Majin's arm vanished and he was perfectly fine. He felt the place where he was just gutted and it was completely uninjured.

"How…..?" Buddy asked.

"Welcome to the team. Ren will show you the ropes when this is all over. For now, though try to survive until this is over and have this. It'll make you a bit more useful." Majin explained before giving him a magical bow that caused its arrows to home in and increase their qualities and a quiver that always refilled with arrows.

[THE MONSTERS ARE COMING! PROTECT YOUR LEADER!]

[SWARM 8/10]

[800/800]

  Buddy was speechless as the items were pushed into his hands. He stood there as if a frozen statue before being brought back to life by Ren.

"Don't go to sleep tonight…." He warned before heading off to the top of the stronghold.

  Majin's plants were defending against an army of sea creatures. It seemed as if they were being strengthened by the rain. The plants that were going to defend this time were a bunch of Chikoritas who will be supported by the Tangelas. The Tangelas evolved into four different variants instead of becoming Tangrowth like they would back in her old world. The first variant evolved into something similar to a Tangrowth with an increase in size and tentacles. The second variant gained different elements so, there were some Tangelas who became bundles of fire vines, water vines, lightning vines, and so forth. The third kind of Tangela were those that grew poisonous thorns on their vines. The last group evolved in a way that allowed them to become symbiotically involved with an insectoid species and have that species live on or in their vines.

  The bipedal humanoid aquatic monsters began charging towards the stronghold with human weapons equipped. Their dark blue skin and sharp teeth gleaming in excitement.

"Make Mama proud kiddies.." Majin whispered.

11