(Original Chapter 4)
4.7k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is the original version of chapter four, kept up for anyone who wants to read it. If you're just starting the story now, just skip it, the story continues from the new version.

 

 

 


It was the last period of the day, which for Nikki was a creative writing elective she'd picked on a whim. Her thoughts far away, she tapped at her phone, kept hidden in the big pocket of her oversized maroon hoodie. She was supposed to be working on an assignment - a collection of three poems, each in a different style - which was due by the end of the week. Nikki hadn't written a word, though.

After detention, her day had gone on pretty much the same as any other: she sat in place and waited for the bell to ring so she could move to a new room to sit in place in. She had been thinking about Randy pretty much the whole time, especially after what happened when she put her hand on his leg... she was pretty sure she'd made him hard again.

The thought of that excited her and brought a warm feeling in her chest. Randy had been her crush for as long as she could remember, ever since she first met him in fourth grade. And sure, she might've punched him in the gut right after, but she was just a little tomboy back then. To her, that was flirting.

Over the years, she had watched him grow up from a little nerd to... well, a bigger nerd, but a handsome one. And she had picked on him all the way. Part of that was just because it was fun and in her nature, but another part was because she was mad at him. All this time, she had thought that Randy still thought of her as the same angry little tomboy from his childhood. But the way he looked at her now, Nikki could tell he saw her as a woman. Just like she saw him as a man.

Nikki had only just realized this today. Before, her motives in picking on Randy had been a mystery to even her, but now, she understood herself. She wanted him badly. And she could tell he wanted her too, even if he didn't want to show it.

"Hi Randy," Staring down at her phone, she read the text over in her head for the third time, her finger hovering over the send button. "Want to come over today and start on the essay?"

Was that too long, she wondered? She erased it quickly and typed it in again.

"Hi Randy! Come over today?"

Perfect, she thought. Short and to the point. She hit send, and in about two minutes, she got a reply.

"Why?"

She bit her lip. Thank God for Winthrop giving her an excuse. "Essay." 

"Alright. Let me ask my mom first. Will your parents be over?"

"No, but you don't have to tell your mom that."

Randy took a longer time to respond then before.

"Okay. Meet you at the buses?"

Nikki smiled just as the bell rang.


"Nice house." said Randy, stepping in through the front door and looking around. They were in the foyer, and from that branched off a laundry room, kitchen, and living room, along with stairs that lead up to a second floor. It was certainly a much smaller place than his, and from what he could see, it was a lot older too. Nikki followed him inside, closing the door shut.

"Thanks." she said, a tinge of embarrassment in her voice. "I know it's nothing compared to yours."

"No, it's cozy." Randy replied, rounding the corner to take a better look at the living room. There were a few pictures hung on the wall, and a bookshelf in one corner that had been repurposed to hold a movie collection. "It reminds me of my dad's house."

"Oh." Nikki said. "Your parents are split?"

He nodded, picking through the shelf to see what movies they had: a full set of Tarantino DVDs on the bottom row caught his attention.

"Mine are too." Nikki continued, fiddling with her hands and staring at the back of Randy's head. Having a conversation like this with Randy just felt strange... she'd never told anyone this stuff before. "My mom lives in California."

"Oh, nice." Randy said, standing back up. Upon seeing Nikki's half-offended, half-confused reaction, he scrambled to clarify. "I mean, nice in that she lives in California! My dad lives in Nebraska, I hate going there."

"I never go see my mom." Nikki said tersely.

Randy nodded. "I'm sorry." he said, sensing that he'd put her on edge. "We can stop talking about this..."

"It's okay." she said, folding her arms. Despite it being "okay," she was clearly done with that conversation. "Want to see my bedroom?"

Talk about something he'd never hear a girl say!

"Oh, uh, yeah!" he said. Nikki lead him upstairs, heading inside first and shutting the door behind them.

"Sorry, it's kinda messy."

He really didn't know what he expected. It wasn't far off from his own bedroom, just far more cluttered. Randy was by no means a neat freak, but the amount of clutter on the shelves and dirty clothes strewn on the floor was ridiculous. Unlike his room, the walls didn't have any movie posters, but she did have a lot of sports trophies - the earliest he saw was from elementary school.

"You can take off your shoes if you want. Or put your backpack down. Whatever." she said, turning away from him. She dropped down her backpack, pulled off her shoes, then to his surprise, slid her hands under her hoodie and unlatched her bra.

Nikki had teased him a lot, but this was unintentional. When she noticed his surprise, she stopped in place, her face flushing.

"I always do this after school." she explained, slipping it off and pulling it out from the bottom of her shirt. Randy tried to keep his eyes on her face as she casually flung it into a pile of other clothes. "Gets itchy."

She sat down on the edge of the bed, which was unmade. Randy looked around for a place to sit, having removed his backpack and shoes too. Without a word, Nikki patted the sheets next to her. 

Though he tried to keep his composure, Randy was seriously on edge. Nikki had gotten really weird with him recently... usually, whenever they interacted, they threw insults at each other and generally got into fights. But these last few days, it was almost like they were flirting or something. She had even put her hand on his thigh! And squeezed it!

It wasn't like he didn't like that... well, it was... he... he didn't know how to feel! About any of this!

"You gonna sit down?"

Randy snapped back to reality. "Y-yeah." Cautiously, he sat down next to her - and since the edge of the bed wasn't that wide, they were practically at the hip.

"Oh-" she reached down and pulled something out from beneath him. It was a pair of plain white panties, and just seeing them made him jump. "You were sitting on my underwear."

"My bad." Randy stammered. Again, she tossed the bit of clothing away. "So... the paper?"

"What about it?" Nikki asked.

"You said you wanted to work on it." he said.

Suddenly, Nikki slipped her hand on his leg, sending a shudder up his spine.

"Well, we can do that later... we have a few hours til my dad comes home." she ran her fingers up and down his thigh. His breathing slowly growing heavier, Randy looked Nikki in the eye. "We can like... hang out, for a bit."

He grabbed her hand, and it was her turn to be surprised.

"Nikki..." he said. "Why are you... doing this stuff?"

"What stuff?" she asked, half-playfully.

"You know what stuff." Randy said, trying his best to sound serious. "Are you flirting with me?"

Laughing, Nikki laid back on her bed. "You're really dense, huh?"

"What?"

"I can touch you, bring you up to my bedroom... obviously I've been flirting! What, do I need to make out with you to get it through your head?"

"That wouldn't be so bad," Randy thought.

"I'm sorry," he said. Nikki sat up, meeting his stare. "But I'm used to you beating me up, or throwing my stuff in the trash, or insulting me, or pantsing me-"

She crossed her arms and blew out air through her teeth. "I only did that once..."

"Well, it's still just... weird." Nikki looked guilty for a second, but went straight back to defiant. "You get my point?"

"I'm not weird." she said curtly.

"I'm not calling you weird." Randy clutched her hand again, which sent a jolt through her body. "I'm just saying... this is different."

"I know it is!" she said. "I'm sorry, okay! For all that stuff! And I know that doesn't cut it, but you punched me in the face, so I'd say we're kinda even..."

Randy gave her an incredulous look, and she flushed.

"Okay, well, yeah, no. But I'm reeeally sorry." she grabbed his hand tightly and tried her best at puppy dog eyes. "Really really sorry."

"Why are you apologizing now?" Randy asked. "Why not before?"

"I don't know." she said. She did know... but she didn't want to get into that mushy stuff. "You're really cute."

Randy was taken aback. If he didn't expect a girl to invite him to her bedroom, then he really didn't expect a girl to call him cute. Nobody had ever told him that before - minus his mom - and to his knowledge, no girl had even found him attractive. Except maybe Preethi... but she wasn't anywhere in his mind at this moment.

"What?"

Nikki was getting flustered now. She didn't know what to do... she pulled Randy in and kissed him deeply. It was her first time kissing anyone, and she was pretty sure it was Randy's too - they squirmed and made little noises and bumped noses and it was altogether awkward. But Nikki had never felt more happy in her life. Then Randy had to wrench his lips away...

"Wait..." he said. Nikki pounded her fist against the bed, shocking him into silence.

"Can we quit talking!?" she groaned angrily. "All we do is talk! I know you want me... I could feel it against my leg, you know."

Randy adjusted his shirt nervously.

"And I want you." she grabbed him. "I want you really bad Randy."

That's when a rumbling came from the floor below them. Randy didn't recognize it at first, but from Nikki's pale white face of fear, he knew it was bad... and then, he got it.

The garage door was opening.

"Fuck." Nikki stammered. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

54