Chapter 42: Secret Realm
3.5k 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A young man cautiously glanced his left and right. He took two steps, checked left and right.

Shu Shu Shu!

Just the sound made him jump back to his previous position.

Teng Teng Teng!

Three arrows embedded themselves onto the ground he just stood. The flooring of this place was made with hard rock unidentifiable by the young man. But he was sure, he couldn’t leave a scratch even after using his full strength.

Just one arrow through the chest and without any doubt, he will die.

....

Shen, after entering the secret realm, found himself in an open field. The energy (qi) inside this secret realm felt a lot purer and ancient. Much to his surprise, it was even better than the Absolute Realm.

But the element in the atmosphere was something he never felt. He deduced it to be one of the unique Qi. Similar to Life Qi and Emperor Qi, this qi was also different from natural qi. While the natural/nature qi was green in color, this qi was pink in color. But both calmed the mind.

There was many exotic plants and herbs he never saw. The abundant and unique qi gave birth to various types of mutated plants. What astonished him was the presence of a few high-grade herbs. Which might possibly be higher than Divine Grades.

When he searched them to harvest, they seemingly disappear into thin air. No matter how much Shen explored, he couldn’t find them. But his pursuit wasn’t a complete waste. He found some exotic herbs that had a beneficial effect on increasing one's cultivation. Also, there was some that had a positive effect on the body, removing hidden injuries and even strengthening them. Mostly however only were of unknown origin, he didn’t know if they were inside the Absolute Alchemy Manual but for now, he only decided to collect them.

He collected many herbs ranging from Common Grade to King Grade. Even two Royal Grade, anything higher than that seemed to disappear into thin air.

He also stumbled upon a stalk of grass. This grass had only two leaves. One golden and the other pink. Both had one fruit on each. The pink leaf had a yellow fruit while the golden leaf bore a red fruit.

Shen crouched in front of the herb. He observed it for any medicinal effect, but he failed to detect any medicinal effect. It was similar to normal grass without any effect or whatsoever.

Strangely enough, he found the red fruit tempting. While he didn’t have any urge to touch the yellow fruit.

This phenomenon made him curious. This was one of the rare time when his Absolute Vision was useless. So, he readily decided them to be special. He didn’t pluck any of the fruit, rather decided to plant it inside the Absolute Realm.

Much to his surprise, the roots of this plant surpassed the boundary of 2 meters. After using the Wood element to analyze the roots, he came to this conclusion: He has to dig 5 meters of land in order to replant them on the Absolute Realm if he wants to keep every root safe.

“Arggh, I want earth cultivation manual. Digging fiver meters? Without harming any roots? I’m having a headache.” Shen groaned in frustration. He was a cultivator, now he has to dig. Without complaining any further he started digging.

....

It took him only twenty minutes for Shen to dig the plant and another 10 minutes to plant it inside the Absolute Realm. He didn’t doubt that this grass won’t grow in the Absolute Realm.

Looking around he searched for his next direction.

‘My main priority is to search for the exit of this realm and also the inheritance! If it’s not any inheritance there should be something important around here. It shouldn’t exist without any reason.’ Shen checked his priorities and carefully went through his plan.

Suddenly, in the west direction, he felt he saw some reflections. It was big in size, possibly a city! ‘Could it be there was a city inside this space?’ this thought surprised Shen.

‘Right, I should call Kitty. Since there’s no danger in this space, it should be alright to call her.’ Shen suggested Kaidi to stay inside the Realm since there’s no knowing when they might encounter any danger. She didn’t have high fighting prowess and her only advantage was speed. Getting separated in this mysterious space would be the last thing he wants.

But now that he confirmed there’s barely any danger, Kitty can help him searching for treasures more easily. Whether they are herbs or artifacts. Considering how big this space was, he didn’t doubt there to be some high-grade treasures.

“Kitty, Kitty...” his calls were only met with silence.

Entering the Realm, He found a golden cat peacefully sleeping on a large trunk of the Absolute Tree. Shen facepalmed, although it was only a few hours outside the realm, it was more than a month inside the realm. Perfect chance for a lazy cat to show her laziness.

“Argh, forget it. I should check out the city first. I don’t know what awaits me there.” Frustrated, Shen decided to check out the city first. A lone city inside a hidden realm, with such an abundant qi, their power level must be high.

The distance was more than Shen’s initial thought, as even after rushing for one hour he only saw some long dome in the sky. At the same time, he became cautious. The domes looked particularly different from normal. But he couldn’t figure out how. Possibly, inside this realm was a race different from Humans.

There was also the possibility of them being sub-human. As for the species, Shen knew there was no bound for how many races could be in this universe. Even in his previous life, there were many mutated humans. Some grew wings on their back while some grew scales similar to mutated beasts.

In this world, it was more wondrous and bizarre. The Divine Dragons and Ancient Beast’s lived among humans. While the descendants from the Divine Dragons were exceptional and upright human beings. It wasn’t the same for the descendants of the Ancient Beasts. Some went berserk whenever they saw blood, while many lost control over their body and transformed into hideous humanoids.

Shaking his heads, Shen cleared his mind. It was something he stumbled during his study on the Absolute Medical Manual.  The ways to treat the races that lost their bodies. Although it was impossible to save those who already lost their sanity, it was still possible to save those who needed.

Shen only hoped he would never need to use those techniques.

41