Chapter 46: Zhen Kaidi
3.4k 6 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Shen appeared on a corner of the lake. His left ankle burned with black fire. A bamboo twig pierced his ribcage, fortunately, or not it didn’t pierce his heart. But as he breathed in, he could feel the presence of the bamboo twig. Every time his heart pumped blood it rubbed the twig. He lost the feeling of his right hand, his shoulder dislocated.

The water didn’t extinguish the fire, in fact, the fire vaporized the water. Shen constantly supplied Absolute Qi to fight against the black fire but the fire burned more fiercely. The pain of his flesh burning was not something he felt before but this scene of his feet being burn, as the fire slowly devours his body felt oddly familiar to him.

He frantically supplied Absolute Qi on the fire as time passed, the small fire on his ankle reached his knee. But his head didn’t function properly. Why won’t the fire extinguish yet? He was inside the lake, the Absolute Qi should be already suppressing the flame. But why did the fire still burned so fiercely?

Shen felt great force on his cheek before his body was sent flying on the shore.

“Calm down, will ya?!” Kitty’s eyes flashed golden. Her ears and tails straight to the end. Even her voice was strong and sharper than usual.

The twig on his chest poked further into his lung as blood filled his pleural cavity. He gained some clarity of the situation as he grabbed the twig and forced it out of his body.

This action caused him to cough out two mouthfuls of blood. Without minding he glanced at the black fire. The fire caused him to shut his eyes once again. His senses were overwhelmed with pain, he couldn’t hear any words Kawa shouted at him.

The fire was no normal fire, it didn’t burn his leg directly rather burned his every cell. The torment was far stronger than any normal burns. He didn’t know what he was right or wrong but it seemed to be his only choice.

A golden streak of fire formed in front of him. The streak of fire slowly formed into a fist-sized fire. He grabbed the fire. Hoping for the best, he slammed it on his knee. If he could control the fire, it will completely wipe out the black fire without harming him. If he lost control, at most he will lose his leg.

But it was not an irrecoverable loss. Cultivators of the Martial Emperor Realm could regrow their lost limbs. If he could concoct pill, then it might be possible to recover before that. He couldn’t see whether he succeeded or not as he lost his consciousness.

....

Before Shen’s head fell on the ground, Kitty grabbed his head gently. “Idiot, I can’t have you dying on me. My life is connected with yours.” she murmured as she checked his heartbeat and breathing.

His leg... was heavily injured, even the bones were visible. But there was no burned mark. As if the injury was not caused by any fire. While he used fire to extinguish fire, he also vaporized one-third water of the lake.

“Why would that fire appear here? Just what was inside this realm?” the Kitty right now, didn’t have any resemblance of the Kitty Shen knew. Neither in personality nor in her physical appearance.

Compared to her fourteen-year-old girl height, she looked akin to a mature beauty. Her white hairs or tails were replaced by shimmering golden color. Her moderate sized breast and bust were bountiful and plump.

Her soft lips released a faint sigh. She touched his forehead as a golden qi enveloped him. Shen floated in front of the mysterious girl from Treasure Race. She glanced her left and right, searching for certain something.

Alternating between her choices only a poor turtle seemed to be the best choice. One of her three tails fiercely pounded towards the turtle, only to stop above the water. Her brows frowned deeply, but looking at the frail body in front of her, she let out another helpless sigh.

The tail that stopped half-way, entered the water at high speed. The turtle that was being targeted, oblivious to its own predicament, enjoyed its blissful stroll inside the lake. Although, it felt the temperature going up by a large margin. It knew its safety inside this lake, so it ignored it thinking it was a common occurrence.

Even when the turtle was wrapped by a tail, oblivious, it kept swimming. Only when it felt the force pulling him at fast speed, understood, it was caught and can’t seem to struggle out.

“This should be the Medicinal Turtle I read on the stone tablet. A 10,000-Year-Old Violet Medicinal Turtle, judging from his foolish grin it should be quite valuable.” she murmured, swatting her tail, removed all the water without minding the turtle. The 50kg turtle didn’t cause her tail to strain at all. A few drops of water which touched her face caused her to flinch.

She headed toward the bedding which her master, Shen used to rest after cultivating tiredly. It was a simple bed. Laying him on the bed, she extracted twenty drops of blood from the turtle. She threw the turtle back in the pond without minding its safety even by a small amount.

The blood of the turtle was violet in color and radiated warm energy. It should be yang energy and it will help him before he regains his consciousness.

Kawa found the timing for attacking Shen extremely suitable. But the strange lazy cat freaked her in many ways. It remained a hundred meters away from both of them.

As she couldn’t feed him the turtle blood, she stared at his lips. Was it the only way? She couldn’t delay much longer as his body was going cold. She removed the remaining rags of cloth on his body.

Taking the Turtle blood on her mouth, she fed him mouth to mouth. She suffered hugely this time but him dying was equal to her own death. She can’t definitely have that, not before she exterminates the clan of those wretched humans who destroyed her tribe.

‘Ah! You dare not remember anything, or else this princess herself will kill you...” although she knew she couldn't kill him, it didn’t stop her from cursing him. After she fed the whole twenty drops of blood, she yanked his right hand.

Crack

The dislocated shoulder joined to its rightful position, she touched his left leg. Which was in bad shape.

A bright golden light flashed as the blood on his leg was completely cleaned. The Turtle blood did its job as it completely sealed all bloodloss. Golden light flickered on her body, as she returned to her previous form. A white catgirl.

“This much is limit for the current me,” she sighed, “Your luck is not half-bad, enough to have beauties left and right, huh.” touching her lips, she murmured in a low voice before slipping inside his blanket with the excuse of keeping him warm.

....

Urghh...

‘Ahh, that was the worst nightmare I had in a while.’ Shen groggily woke up. He felt unusually unbalanced today. His chest heavy and one leg felt unusually light. May as well make one of his hand heavy too?

‘Shit, it's heavy. My right hand feels heavy... ’ Still drowsy he tried to remember his situation.

Things started to get clear for him. He entered a secret realm. Found a city like palace which possibly contains an Ascension Realm experts inheritance. He remembered falling in a trap and failed to avoid.

Somehow he managed to survive but the fire on his leg reminded him how he died, causing disruption on his reasoning and thus leading the series of wrong choice. “Urghh, I can’t believe such a thing as trauma remained inside me.”

Shen felt disappointed, disappointed that he didn’t understand himself properly. If he knew about his trauma he would surely find a way to get rid of it. Trauma was one of the things a cultivator cannot have. While breaking through the higher realm they can cause Qi deviation and in some certain case, death!

“Whatever, I don’t have time to waste. I don’t know how long I spent here sleeping. If I am forced outside, peaceful death will be my last concern.” Shen shut his eyes open and pushed the blanket with his right hand. “If I don’t remember wrongly, it was dislocated.”

A world of white greeted him. It caused him to stare blankly. Did he already die? So this is heaven? It’s weird though, he didn’t remember doing anything that will send him to heaven.

As he rubbed his eyes, he felt something on his fingers. It was not his eyes but a soft feeling. ‘Hmm, is it hair?’

Shen gently pushed them away. They were indeed hairs. Only Kitty had such white hairs as he couldn’t even figure out they were hair just by looking. But now he knew, they were not only milk white but soft too.

Then the reason why he felt his chest and right-hand heavy was obviously because the cat using his chest as a pillow. Didn’t she know that he was heavily injured? He joked lightly.

“Kitty,” Shen called out softly, not expecting any response for her. Much to his surprise, her white ears twitched. Her eyes opened, a smile bloomed her face, “Oh, you woke up,” before lying on his chest again.

Normally Shen would get angry but his reply was, “Thanks for taking care of me. How long was I sleeping for?”

“Four days...”

Shen tidied her hairs as he stared at the sky of the Absolute Realm. ‘Maybe I was forcing myself? Acting like I’m perfect even when I’m not. Probably that’s why I failed to notice my own weakness?’

His thought was interrupted by Kitty nuzzling on his chest. Only now Shen realized both him and Kitty was undressed, the feeling her soft body was directly transmitted to his body.

“Kitty, mind telling me why are we both unclothed??”

“Your clothes were on rags... I had to remove them.” Kitty said, refusing to move.

“What about yours?” Shen pats her head as he inquired.

“They are extremely uncomfortable.” Kitty had a happy smile on her face. As if she enjoyed his patting.

(A/N: What are you a pet?)

Only now Shen realized Kitty used the clothes inside the Absolute Realm. He had only Wu-Shuang and Mingyue Gelou’s clothes. They were a few sizes big for her small body frame.

Shen’s arm wrapped around her thin waist as he turned around, causing Kitty to fall on the bed, her head on the pillow. Surprised by his action, she stared at his eyes. Their gazes met, both silent for a moment.

“Hey... let’s go shopping when we get out of here.”

Kitty nodded, her body fidgeted. Overwhelmed by his sudden action.

“Thanks for taking care of me, Kitty...” He pecked on her forehead.

“I have a name. Zhen Kaidi. I’m Zhen Kaidi, the Princess of the Treasure Tribe.” faint redness crept on Kitty, now Kaidi’s cheek.

“So you are a Kitty Princess after all!” Even after Zhen Kaidi revealed her real name, Shen called her by the name he always calls her. Shen felt this name was casual and it also gave him a sense of having a pet.

42