Chapter 71: Su Clan (Part 1)
2.6k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

After the sunrise, Shen taught the girls how to practice One Nurturing Will. They were already familiar with meditation and with little guidance they could follow his instruction. Still, they encountered some trouble like losing focus, and not being able to remain synchronized with the movements of the rune.

But Shen said it was normal. Even he encountered those problems and with practice, it got better, and now he could remain synchronized with the rune for hours in a single practice!

But when he reached the second layer, training on it became harder. Not only did he need to change stances, but he also had to circulate Qi of Absolute Strengthening Technique according to the movements of the rune. Sometimes his qi circulation speed falls behind the rune, breaking the synchronization. And when he prioritized qi circulation speed, his stance fell behind.

Nonetheless, he remained patient and practiced it with the girls. Yan QingQing practiced a set of spear techniques she received from Shen, but her movements were clumsy. Sometimes her “spear” would hit trees and mountain rocks, breaking it twice in the process. From its initial three meters, it was only two meters now. Not only she had trouble controlling the spear, but she also failed to control her new gained strength properly.

Shen was grateful that he didn’t take out the stick he used to bully Kawa, else, he would really feel sad. Although it was a stick made of wood, he planned to always keep it as a memento.

Thup!

The spear of QingQing again hit another tree and immediately the spear size was reduced by another half meter. It was a huge contrast from its initial state. Looking at Shen and the girls practicing One Nurturing Will, she couldn’t help but found a strange harmony in their different movements and stances.

QingQing sat down and closed her eyes, her mind focused on the meditation technique. She felt calm in a matter of minutes, and gradually nearing a certain state. Suddenly, a thought crept in her mind. Since the other girls were practicing the technique Shen was talking about, did he also gave them the technique in the same way? At once, vivid images of Shen kissing Mingyue Gelou, Su Rou and Wenren Wushuang flashed on her head!

She grabbed her head frustratedly and thought, “Calm down, QingQing, calm down.”

“Okay, let’s freshen up. We will start flying immediately. Don’t worry about eating, I’ll take care of it.”

The girls, including Yan QingQing, used 30 minutes to wash up and prepare, while Shen entered the Immortal Realm to shower and cook at the same time. When he was done he waited for the girls on top of the Black Bird.

If someone saw from the outside world, they would think Shen was done in a matter of seconds, but there was none to see as Shen always made sure that no one saw him during entering the Immortal or Mortal Realm. It was not something he could afford to expose so easily, and even if he exposed to someone dear to him, he only planned to explain about the Mortal Realm, and the Immortal Realm will remain secret from the most.

Shen waited while he tested the technique he learned last night. The Qi of Absolute Strengthening Technique flowed out and spread around his body in a thin layer. It wrapped him from top to bottom. He tried breathing, there was no problem. The only thing that was left from checking was defensive capabilities.

This technique used the concept of using something soft to divert force in another direction. The Absolute Qi here worked as a soft and flexible layer which would transfer the force to the opposite side without affecting the physical body!

Shen realized while practicing this technique, if he can master this concept, its use wouldn’t be limited to just this. He would be able to use it even in hand to hand combat and use enemies force on themselves. While the use might be limited, it could also be a lifesaver.

When the girls returned Shen helped QingQing getting on top of the bird. He took the chance to envelop her body with Absolute Qi. Immediately the bird flew on the sky at its maximum speed. The force of air could hardly shudder them, even QingQing felt the bare minimum of the force.

Shen carefully checked her condition for the next 10 minutes before deciding she was fine. With this, now they could rush to Greencloud Capital at the maximum speed. If by chance it didn’t work, Shen was prepared to “Mark” them and let them enter the realm. But looks like it was not the time yet.

———

One week passed by, in the time if there were any apparent changes in the group that would be Su Rou and Mingyue Gelou’s cultivation speed. Su Rou from 7th Grade Xiantian achieved a breakthrough and reached the middle of 8th grade Xiantion while Mingyue Gelou jumped to 5th Grade Xiantian in the duration of a week from her peak 3rd Grade Xiantian cultivation base. They both became a lot prettier, and Mingyue Gelou even looked a few years younger!

Among the group, the face of Wenren Wushuang looked pale with dark eye circles. It was obvious she was suffering from tiredness and lack of sleep. Even though she achieved breakthrough soon after Mingyue Gelou, she was still stuck on Grade 1 Xiantion Realm. Mingyue Gelou had all meridian channels in her body opened, but according to Shen, she was better in terms of talent. Before she thought she didn’t work hard enough and spent most of her time cultivating. If she didn’t overhear Yan QingQing talking about Dual Cultivation Technique with Su Rou and sounds of muffled moaning every night, she might have still remained in the dark.

Yan QingQing was oblivious to this as she couldn’t hear the noises but they didn’t miss the ears of Wenren Wushuang. Her tent was also near theirs, and even though the sounds were light and muffled she couldn’t bring sleep in her eyes.

If it was Mingyue Gelou one night, Su Rou would be on the other. For the whole week, she didn’t get a wink of sleep at night. Only while riding the bird did she have a chance to get a peaceful rest. She glanced at Shen in resentment, did she not have any value since she couldn’t “it” with him? He spent less time with her during the last few days.

Shen felt strong hate concentrating on him. It confused him, there were only the girls with him, was someone chasing him? Looking back, he found a pouty Wushuang with resentment filling her eyes.

“Wushuang? Did something happen?” he confusedly asked.

“Nothing...” displeased, Wushuang averted her gaze.

“Shen, are we stopping here? It’s already too dark to continue.” Mingyue Gelou suddenly said.

“No, I can already see the capital. We will be there in some minutes.” Shen said as he looked back in front.

The girls also scrutinized their eyes and looked ahead, “Erm, I don’t see anything,” said Mingyue Gelou.

“Me too,” confirmed Su Rou.

“Yes, it's still a little far away, and even I just see lights.”

The next few minutes passed in silence and the bird landed on a square. They had seemed to land on a huge square in the Continent’s Capital. Shen scanned the enormous wide square that held a common name, Greencloud Square!

Huge beasts gathered here continuously, while other flying beasts either landed or took off from here. Huge beasts, common and mutated could be seen flying across the sky. No one knew how many elites, clans, and families were in this continent. As they say, the greatest hermit will retreat into the noisiest fair.

“This is the boundary of Greencloud City. There are five more places like Greencloud Square, and many smaller Greencloud Squares. There is one of this size on each side of the country, the largest being the one in the core of Greencloud City. Bigger beasts are not allowed to stop at busier places, but Greencloud Square allows bigger beasts and vending carts to park. It is also an important symbol.” Su Rou finished and brought Shen and the girls to an area with many vehicles.

“Are your house close from here?” Shen looked at the back view of Su Rou, who was already making many men around her drool. Compared to how Shen met her on Skysword Sect, she had more mature and experienced temperament, naturally attracting gaze even in a crowd.

The night in the capital didn’t make much difference compared to the day, every place was illuminated by light and luminous stones. In a matter of seconds, the girls with Shen became the center of their attention.

“Mhm, We will take a horse wagon. It will be quick.”

“Shen, this wagon...” Wenren Wushuang was surprised when she saw the horse wagon. To be exact, this carriage looked a lot similar to the one they used to travel from Hundred Miles City to the Skysword Sect.

“Yes? Ah, you mean the wagon we used before. That wagon was bought from this city. The Black Dragon Horses are not powerful, but their speed and endurance are the best. You will see them on the most capitals, they also cost a fortune, hahaha.”

After all, speedy desolate beasts were needed for traveling on the road. They suited most clans, and even Xiantians needed them as they chose the best out of ten thousand flying beasts. The majority of people also required certain transport. Even Shen didn’t fancy normal flying beasts. It was only because he had the confidence to tame a beast if it took his fancy, that was to say, he must be able to defeat them first.

The Black Dragon Horse ran as fast as the wind and was light-footed. The ancient streets in Greencloud City were made up of precious “steelrocks”, making the gaiting sounds of the Black Dragon Horses galloping on it very clear.

“How long does it take to get to your house? If it is far, you can tell me anything you know.” Shen chatted to the silent Su Rou. As she goes closer to her home, the anxiety only increases.

Su Rou slowly said, “Around two hours. I will tell you what I know. The Su Clan is one of the independent clans in the capital. We are currently on the east side of the capital. The east area is mostly controlled by independent families and clans. Although we have internal strife among those families, whenever any major power wants to control any family we unite and repel them. Even if they are powerful the east area cannot be taken lightly either”—

“Then the problem this time is caused by one of the independent families?” Wenren Wushuang interrupted.

“Uh, yes but... we think one of the largest powers has something to do with it.” Su Rou sounded unsure but she seemed to have some ideas.

“RouRou, if you know something or just guessing it, let me know. I can help you.” Shen comforted her by caressing cheek and hairs.

“Mhm. This is something I heard by chance. Last year the sixth elder of the Demonic Beast Sect sent a marriage proposal to our clan, asking for third sister’s hand in marriage.”

“Third sister? I thought you are the only daughter from your parents.”

“Yes. She is the eldest daughter of the fourth Uncle.”

“Ah, but a marriage proposal from a big sect is good, no?” QingQing said. She had a similar experience. Because of refusing a marriage she had suffered for three years until Shen saved her.

“Technically it is, but the son of the sixth elder from Demonic Beast Sect goes by the name, Chi Lianso. He already married twice and both of his wives died in the first month. Aside from that, he is popular for his short temper and bad looks. If someone calls him ugly he immediately flares up.” Even Su Rou frowned as she said those words.

“Argh, although I have a poor viewpoint about Demonic Beast Sect, I didn’t think there was someone this bad in them. So now they are secretly helping the opposing family, what was it again? Ah, the Lee family.”

Su Rou and the girls were speechless by Shen. Even if you have a poor view of some big powers keep it to yourself, there was no reason to say it out loud. And how did you even remember such a family name just by hearing about it once?

“That’s about right, but we don’t have any concrete proof. The Demonic Beast Sect was extremely careful in handling things, but the Lee family can no way grow strong this fast. If we cannot prove the involvement of the Demonic Beast Sect, the other families won’t help us.”

Shen thought for a minute before saying, “We don’t necessarily need the help of the other families. We just have destroy the Lee family and enjoy their properties as well.”

“Shen, didn’t you hear me. It’s the Demonic Beast Sect! We can’t win against them.”

“Calm down, RouRou. Think about it, why won’t the other families help you? Because they don’t know about the involvement of the shitty beast sect. That means they made sure to send expendable pawns or trusted aide. From my guess, they did the former.” Shen leaned back as he patiently explained.

“Why expendable pawns?” Yan QingQing asked out of curiosity.

“There are many reasons. For them, it's not worth it. Although Su Clan rejected their marriage proposal it was not commonly known, they don’t really lose anything. Most importantly, because they are powerful.”

“Because they are powerful?” questioned Su Rou, QingQing and Wenren Wushuang at the same time.

“Yes, because they are powerful, they are also arrogant. To them, Su Clan is just another clan in the city while they are one of the strongest powers of the Greencloud Continent. They probably sent some people who don’t even have any clue of the current situation.”

With this everyone fell convinced the silence ensued inside the wagon. QingQing and Wenren Wushuang looked out intently. They both never left outside their respective city and everything made them curious. On the other hand, Mingyue Gelou initially was a commoner living in Greencloud City.

The main street was ancient-looking and simple, but the minor streets were much more lavish. QingQing and Wushuang amazedly saw the 200 meters wide streets.

Alighting from the horse wagon, Shen realized it had stopped in front of a desolate area. “Sir, the wagon cannot go any further. You can reach the Su Clan by walking five minutes.”

Shen thanked the coachman and paid five silver banknotes. They hurried towards the Su Clan and when the gate entered their vision Su Rou froze. The gate of Su Clan was broken and many dead bodies could be seen outside the gate in a disordered manner.

The two large and simple characters on the top of the gate, Su Clan, was now cracked and broken. Making it hardly recognizable.

Immediately, Su Rou madly rushed toward the gate. Shen and the other followed but soon Shen aided Su Rou and together rushed inside. The bodies outside were still fresh and some were still alive, but he couldn’t tend them.

First, he couldn’t differentiate between ally and enemies. Second and most importantly, rather than some unknown people, he would rather confirm the safety of someone dear to his loved ones.

Shen and Su Rou entered a courtyard, greeting a horrific scene. A skinny man with a greatsword pierced the right chest of a middle-aged man, causing blood gush out from his large wound.

"FATHHEERRRRR!!!"

 

RIP Father-san

27