Chapter 73: Su Clan (Part 3)
2.4k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Inside the Immortal Realm, Shen floated on the lake. Sometime black fishes would jump above him and some would brush by his body. Shen thought they really did became too brave to have fun with him.

As he thought he became calm enough to be making a joke with himself, Shen left the lake and dressed properly. He needed a calm mind right now. Which was why he took a shower. He felt it was alright since he could take a little time inside the Immortal Realm.

With the small mountain of herbs in front him, Shen fell on deep thought. Although Shen had an almost unlimited amount of refining method, the prescriptions Shen had in his mind was limited. He only had well-known pill prescriptions such as; Golden Sore Ointment, Platinum Sore Ointment, Spirit Concentrating Pills, Minor Revitalizing Pellets, Golden Jade Pills, Beauty Pills and such.

He wanted to concoct a Great Revitalizing Pellet for Su Tong, as the injury on his chest was really serious. But he didn’t have the two main ingredients required for refining this pellet. He had the ingredients for concocting Minor Revitalizing Pellet but he was in doubt whether it would be enough to heal his injury.

Effects of the Minor Revitalizing Pellet: Able to immensely strengthen the constitution of the user, granting a stronger bone structure and cleanse impurities.

Able to raise the strength and speed of the user permanently by 10%.

For a short time, all internal injuries sustained to the organs would heal at a rapid speed.

The effects of the pill only stack once. Two pills per human, anymore, the effect would be lost.

The Minor Revitalizing Pellet was a Pre-King grade pellet, it was not enough to heal the grave injury Su Tong received. But there was hope. The additional Effects!

Sadly though, the additional effects come from the Heavenly Genesis Cauldron. He had no control over the additional effects its comes purely based on luck from the cauldron.

Moreover, the chance of additional effects was not guaranteed. Shen had enough ingredients to cultivate only one pill. That means he had only one chance to hope for that lucky additional effect. In this case, he couldn’t rely on this effect. Just thinking about logically he had to get rid of that idea. If by chance he failed, he didn’t want to think about the consequence.

He rummaged through the collection of his items and found some Energy Enhancing, Energy Circulation, Defense Enhancing, and Great Longevity fruits.

Shen's eyes suddenly lit up brightly. He remembered the effects of every fruit. He grabbed one Great Longevity fruit, one Defense Enhancing fruits and three Energy Enhancing fruit.

Shen calmed his hopeful beating heart, and sat down to concoct the pill that will let him save Su Rou’s father, Su Tong, for sure!

———

“Shen, you are back.”

Shen returned to the Su Alchemy Hall and Mingyue Gelou was the first one to notice his arrival. Elder Sang was just beside Mingyue Gelou, they seemed to be talking about something. From the tad bit relaxed situation Shen understood there was no sign of fight in this place yet. Still, he made sure with the black bird.

After getting the confirmation, Shen headed towards Su Tong’s bed.

“I noticed something, and had to check it out,” Shen replied, and he pulled back all the silver needles. He used his left hand to nourish the body and dantian with the Qi of the Absolute Strengthening Technique. As this process went for thirty seconds, Shen took out a shiny golden pellet and pushed it on Su Tong’s mouth.

Mingyue Gelou, QingQing and Elder Sang watched Shen and Su Tong with bated breath. Shen had a smug smile on his face as if nothing could go wrong anymore. He used a bit of Absolute Qi to dissolve the pill. The content of the pill passed through Su Tong’s throat and Shen stopped circulating his qi.

“Gelou, when Clan Head Su wakes up I need you to tell him something for me...” Shen walked up to Mingyue Gelou and whispered some words in her ears.

“I’ll go and check on Su Rou.” Shen nodded toward both Elder Sang and QingQing, and left the Hall.

After Shen disappeared from their vision, Elder Sang couldn’t help but ask Mingyue Gelou, “Will that young man be alright? Even though he used some strange techniques, I can’t feel his cultivation at all!”

“I know Young Master Shen reached Martial King realm. As for his current strength, I have no idea...” Mingyue Gelou felt a little weird. Not knowing the cultivation base of the person she loves the most was rather embarrassing.

Elder Sang was astonished by the words of Mingyue Gelou. Martial King?! Even he was just a 2nd Martial King! Although he didn’t care much about his cultivation and only pursued the path of pill concoction how old was that young man? He looked too young to be in his 20’s! Just what kind of heaven-defying talent and secret this young man possessed? It also made him curious about the pill that Shen just fed to Clan Head Su Tong. He was filled with regret as he should have checked the pill before Shen fed it to the Su Clan Head.

He sighed and sat near Clan Head Su. Placing his hand on Su Tong’s chest, he circulated his qi through the unconscious body. Elder Sang’s body suddenly jolted as he stared at Su Clan Head with wide eyes.

“This... this...”

———

Shen felt a sense of achievement today. Not only did he achieve success refining the pill, it was a huge success. He needed one and half a day to refine this pill. Normally the refining method he used with Primordial Genesis Flame was short and less time consuming. But due to him using external ingredients outside the listed ingredients, the medicinal properties were unbalanced. Here his refining experience came handy. He burned the medicinal properties that conflicted with the mixture and created a balanced state to form a pellet.

From the ingredients he used it was supposed to be a 4th Grade Pill, which was equivalent to a Royal-grade Pill (normally used by Martial Saint’s), but due to the medicine properties being imbalanced and Shen burning a good amount of medicinal effects, it turned out to be King-grade pill.

He felt the result was definitely good. Shen wasn’t confident but that was the only path he found without relying on luck, and he found success. After the pill forming, he slept like a log for half a day and recover his qi and spirit energy at the same time.

Suddenly Shen received a message from Kaidi. Su Rou found her mother and she was completely fine. As for her sisters’ they were nowhere to be found.

Shen thought for a moment before jumping on top of the nearest tall villa. He closed his eyes. When they opened again, they shined with a blue luster! Gazing left and right, Shen found many strong energy reactions around the area but he found three notable energy signatures.

One was engaging in a fight with Kaidi, and the second one. It was flying toward the opposite direction of the Su Clan. Shen immediately called the Black Bird and chased after it.

With the Black Bird’s speed, Shen caught up very soon. It was a middle-aged guy flying on a Silver-feather Kite. He had a cultivation of 7th grade Martial King. Behind him were two women in their early 20’s, unconscious.

“The Demonic Beast Sect fell to this low. They even dared to kidnap some weak girls!” Shen took out the Big Dipper Sword and clashed with him on top of the bird. The middle-aged man was pushed back. Normally Shen wouldn’t be able to match up with his power but now they were in mid-air. Something more than power was required here.

Shen and the bird were already familiar with each other due to their training. Even if the black bird suddenly did an upturn motion. Shen wouldn’t even budge a little, while on the other hand the same couldn't be said for the middle-aged man.

It seems the cultivator also recognized this fact and immediately tried to land. He didn’t hope to surpass them with speed due to the huge difference he already faced.

But how could Shen let him land so easily? He intercepted him by attacking from the front and blocking their vision. But the enemy didn’t look immature at his handling of the demonic beast either. He skillfully avoided Shen’s irritating attempts and landed on the ground.

Shen could only land on the ground. The Black Bird had high maneuverability and endurance, but it was sorely lacking in terms of defense. He doubted whether it could even take one punch from that cultivator.

Both of them stared at each other. Shen knew his limit. With his current power, winning against a grade 7 Martial King through frontal attack was impossible for him, but backing away was not even a chance.

“Young hero, you are indeed talented. To possess such strength at your age! I don’t know how you are related to the Su’s, but I invite you to our sect. I assure you, you with your beast will be held greatly by our elders.” the man said. Obviously, his eyes were both on Shen and his flying beast.

Shen mused. This man was no ordinary person. If he was, his talents were buried by top branches. He was able to instantly judge the situation. Rather than fighting him directly, he invited him to his sect. The Demonic Beasts Sect never accepted any disciple, but they adopted talented individuals on their branch family. If they showed enough loyalty and talent, they would be taken to the main branch. To normal cultivators, this was a great chance!

“Sorry, but I can’t accept your offer. Though you can join me if you wish.” Shen said after considering few times inside his head.

The man looked surprised before breaking out in laughter, “Huh, hahaha! That was funny. Really funny. You are one interesting guy. Although I’m interested, I can’t.”

“That’s disappointing,” Se truly thought so, “I really do think you have talent. In this case, I can leave you alive. Just leave the girls.”

“I’m sorry. Even if you leave me alive, I can’t. Either you live or I!” The man said. The young man in front him was too terrifying. From the start, he couldn’t sense a bit of his cultivation. But the confrontation earlier helped him gauging his strength. It was only below a 7th Grade Martial King. The power of Peak 6th Grade Martial King! How old was he to achieve that power?

The man positioned his sword and rushed at Shen. Shen skillfully blocked the attack but was pushed back by three meters.

“That was heavy,” Shen felt his right hand going numb.

The man grinned and rushed at Shen again. Every strike of his was fiercer and stronger than before!

Shen felt every strike sending a ripple through his body and blood. At the same time, through their exchanges he began to feel some understanding towards the sword movements learned from the runes of Absolute Upgrade.

They both excitedly exchanged their moves. Every time the man felt his sword touched Shen, he disappeared from his position and appeared backward. Shen also threw all his power with his sword strike but failed to touch the man. He had superior speed due to the Black Gemstone but the man was skilled with sword.

After around a hundred rounds exchanges, Shen felt some changes in his sore body. The qi released by the qi strands inside his body increased in amount by a huge margin. The thin layer of “gold” surrounding the qi strands suddenly gathered in a single place, creating a drop of Gold Blood.

The first drop of the Absolute Bloodline!

“Not now, not now.” Shen chanted inwardly. He didn’t have the complete idea of what benefits he will receive from the first drop of the Absolute Bloodline, but currently, he was increasingly close on understanding the sword movements.

A surge of headache attacked him as a huge amount of information was transferred in his brain instantly. A chaos color qi flashed out from his body! A new qi strand formed with the previous 24 strands of qi. Shen breakthrough to the third grade of Martial King realm!

But it didn’t stop there. One after one a new strand of qi formed on Shen’s body. In a matter of five seconds, another eleven qi strand formed on his body. The Qi of Absolute Strengthening Technique circulated through his body fiercely. As if, it was being forced to move forward.

Shiiingggg

Another chaos light flashed out of the body of Shen. He achieved another breakthrough reaching the 4th grade of the Martial King Realm! Now he had a total of 37 strands of qi on his body and muscle, surrounding his bone frame!

Shen felt bloodlust behind his back and instinctively blocked it.

Clang!!

It was the middle-aged man. The sudden appearance of the blackish light on Shen’s body made him cautious. If this young man was using any secret technique then he had to be careful. Although the flashing of light looked similar to when one achieved a breakthrough, it was not blackish in color! It was pure white.

He didn’t think this young man cultivated any demonic cultivation technique either. He didn’t have hint any demonic aura or abnormal bloodlust. He waited for a few seconds and the same light flashed again. Then it hit him. The technique he was trying to use probably required time to prepare.

He immediately took the chance to strike, but sadly he was a tad bit late and Shen blocked the attack. Not only that, every time Shen blocked his attack, Shen would have backed away by few steps. This time, however, let alone backing away he didn’t even budge!

“I guess it was fun,” Shen flatly said. The soreness from his body disappeared and he felt boundless vitality coursing through his body. With a single sweep from Shen’s sword, the man lost his sword and his hand joint cracked in the process.

The middle-aged man still couldn’t understand what happened but he didn’t waste time and immediately backed away. Alas, Shen was faster.

“A shame for you born in such a sect,” Shen said as he appeared behind him and pierced his sword from the back of the middle-aged man.

Shen looked at the man who was bleeding profusely. Shen however, intentionally avoided his heart.

“You won't die yet. Join me!”

The man smirked at Shen's word.

“Truly a shame to born in the Demonic Beast Sect,” Shen pierced his heart and kill him. After burning the corpse, Shen searched for the Silver-feather Kite. After its master was killed it started flying aimlessly, with the two unconscious damsels on its back.

Shen quickly caught up with the bird and landed on its back. He was planning to kill it before saving the damsels but he changed his mind. He could gift this bird to either Mingyue Gelou, Wenren Wushuang or any of them.

Shen sent a punch on the bird’s back. Causing it to violently shake and shriek. Just after three punches, the bird stopped struggling and completely submitted to Shen.

“Huh?!”

Shen didn’t think it to submit so easily. The bird was of peak Xiantian grade and he held back enough not to injure it heavily. He only wanted the Kite to land somewhere or slow down its speed.

Was taming beasts this easy?

The Silver-feathered Kite wished to form a spiritual connection with Shen which he didn’t accept. He was going to give it to someone else anyway. He landed on the ground and took out a beast token from the Immortal Realm.

He had three beast token which he had gotten from the Zheng Clan’s treasury. He had no use of them so they were dumped in a corner. Using Beast Token was easier than he thought but he liked his realm a lot more.

When he was returning to the Su Clan, he felt many presences popping out here and there. They were the experts of many different clan and hidden powers. Of them, one caught Shen’s eyes. It was the presence of a 10th grade Martial King cultivator.

Whoever this person was Shen felt the gaze locking on him for a while now. Not like he could do anything now but he kept his vigilance up and remembered that person’s Qi. He will make sure to pay back the favor if this person tries anything on him.

He safely arrived at the Su Clan and felt a presence rushing toward the Lee Clan. But Shen didn’t try to intercept or stop him. He only smiled. After today Lee Clan will disappear from the face of Greencloud City.

It was not Kaidi but rather, Su Rou’s father, Su Tong. Shen would obviously not be so confident if it was the previous Su Tong, but with the Incomplete Revitalizing Pellet that Shen fed him, he was confident.

[Incomplete Revitalizing Pellet
Increases Lifespan by 100 years.
Heals internal injuries in a short time.
Total stats +100% for one-hour, which will be followed by the user’s abilities being reduced to parity with a normal person’s for an entire month.

The effects will only be limited to one pellet. Additional consumption will only cure internal injuries, extend the duration of the hour that stats are doubled, and the user’s ability will still be reduced to a normal person for one month.]

In addition, with the cauldron’s double pill effect he gained an additional pill!

Furthermore, Shen upgraded the pill 9 times for Su Tong!

[Incomplete Revitalizing Pellet +9
Increases Lifespan by 150 years.
Heals grave internal injuries in a short time.
Total stats +175% for one-hour, which will be followed by the user’s abilities being reduced to parity with a normal person’s for half a month.

The effects will only be limited to one pellet. Additional consumption will only cure internal injuries, extend the duration of the hour when stats are augmented, and the user’s ability will still be reduced to a normal person for a half month duration.]

Combined with the message he left for Su Tong, Lee Clan won’t live for the daylight.

 

 

"Sup, I'm alive and forever will be"—

Crackle!!
BANG!!

*dies*

32